Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] True Blood - Season 2 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

He's not going to comment on her scars because he wants to get laid.

Seriously like.

Rule one when seeing a woman naked for the first time "Dont comment on ANYTHING". Let alone scars. Sheeeh.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Did any you guys see the actor that plays Eric is in lady gaga's new video wearing an eye patch and gets poisioned at the end of the video?
    Well at least I think that's him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

anyone part of the true blood facebook page? they just posted a trailer for the rest of season 2 that looks absolutly brilliant.!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I did indeed.. here's a YouTube link to it:

Seems like
    Sam
    is gonna be quite an important character in the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

wow looks interesting

just looking at the clip there

was that eric that was on the cross in the church at 1:18

2.Also
    at 1:24 is that a blonde (possibly eric) that Sookie is in bed with

plenty going to happen for sure :)

• Advertisement

That looks even better when its not 3am and I am sober. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

That trailer looks fantastic. Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Another good episode.

So Bill was an evil bastard back in the day who not only ruthlessly murdered people but who also liked to get his rocks off in the bloodbath he had created. It will be interesting to see what swayed him to the "good" side, and it better not be a case of getting his soul back. :pac:

Sam looks done for which is a disappointment. Hopefully Andy will stumble across the freakshow and save Sam.

I didn't get how the preacher knew that Sookie and the other guy were up to no good. :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I didn't get how the preacher knew that Sookie and the other guy were up to no good. :confused:

They probably know all about her. They tried to kidnap her a few episodes back as they know she is a telepath, so they probably know what she looks like. I suspect that part of the reason they are making so much of Jason is because of Sookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Great stuff, very dark episode with that scene in the bedroom being particularly sadistic.

Opr

• Advertisement

Great episode.

Just when you thought this show couldn't get any more graphic! That scene with Bill and his maker on the bed with all the blood and the girl dying right beside them. I had wondered if he had always been a goody goody but clearly not. What changed him? Was it only when he met Sookie or was it something before?

I think the Reverand must have got the info from one of the vampires in Dallas or a human involved with them. There is a leak somewhere and that is how they knew who she was and what she could do.

I don't think Sam will die,but it will be interesting where that goes. I am liking the story with Mary-Ann and it seems Eggs is a victim as well,I thought he might have been involved somehow. So was Sam mary-Ann's target all along or what?

Loved Hoyt and his ma cutting off his phone! Her face when he said Jessica was a vampire. :D

Great episode,this season has been brilliant so far.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent episode.

Bill was a bad-ass in his day - I don't recall Angel ever shagging Darla in a pool of blood, the Irish wuss! It will explain his strong desire to do good, but how he occasionally slips into violence.

Sookie getting caught - nice angle. The preacher must have been tipped off - I wonder if the bellhop sussed Sookie out before? It'd explain how they knew there was a telepath although you'd suspect Sookie would have noticed him.

We always knew there was something up with Mary-Ann and it seems she's a minotaur. My guess, and it's completely random, is that she can turn a shape changer. The knife is to cut herself and feed the blood to Sam (maybe she'll have to pour it into the wounds she'll inflict on his back?). That way Sam isn't dead but his role drastically changes.

You could be on to something there Ixoy (re Sam.)

Also he did ask about the scars,but only after he got pool table sex! :D great guy! :P

Also did you see they are going to start selling Tru Blood as an actual drink...only its an orange soda but red in colour! :p Comes in the bottle used on the show. Fairly expensive for a soft drink,but I would probably buy one just for the bottle if they shipped outside the US.

http://store.hbo.com/detail.php?p=105736&v=hbo_new-arrivals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

tvnutz wrote: »
    Also did you see they are going to start selling Tru Blood as an actual drink...only its an orange soda but red in colour! :p Comes in the bottle used on the show. Fairly expensive for a soft drink,but I would probably buy one just for the bottle if they shipped outside the US.

FFS, I expect product placement/marketing "opportunities" from the likes of Chuck or 30 Rock, but True Blood? Still, I guess they will be cool for some people as a "collectible"... :)

I can't see Sam dying TBH - after all the show creators didn't kill off Layfayette (and what's going on with his storyline at this point?), so I can't see how they would just kill off Sam... Good theory Ixoy and I definitely don't think Maryann wants to simply sacrifice him - there has to be more to it.

But I think there's more to Daphne too - the pig is her "go to" shift... Maybe Daphne isn't a human who can shape shift after all, but her true form is the pig and whatever the hell Maryann has done to her, allows her to shift, including into the human form...

And yes, it seems Eggs is a "victim" but that still doesn't explain why Maryann keeps him around, as opposed to any of the other (tons of apparently) people that come under her spell?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

Excellent episode last night.

Jason has to find out about Sookie and save her

I'm also not 100% sure if Maryann is the actual minotaur that we saw attacking Sookie. She just seemed to have a mask. What attacked Sookie seemed to be bigger and have hair all over her body.
    It could be a good call from Ioxy that she creates it using that ritual and can then control it

Thinking about it, I think the female Dallas vampire is the traitor who arranged for Goddrick to be captured and killed. And she has now helped the Church of the Sun capture Sookie by ensuring she went to the church with her "boyfriend" who is probably just some guy she's glamoured.

I also don't think Sam will be killed because if he was going to die they would have shown that before the credits, rather than him in danger. The cliffhanger endings in True Blood have a way of turning into something unexpected in the next episode. Couldn't he just turn into a grizzly bear or something else big and powerful and escape? Or turn into a tiny mouse and scarper off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Fantastic episode. I doubt that MaryAnn will kill Sam either. I still think that Eggs is the minotaur that attacked Sookie. Even more now that he found that place in the woods with the blood covered rocks. ixoy could be right and she can transfer Sam's power or copy it to another person to create a shape shifter.

Isabel (the female Dallas vampire) is probably the leak. When Sookie read the guys mind he just kept saying he loved her over and over. It was a bit out of place. Having a human that she loved would put her closer to Bill and Sookie's confidences as it makes her seem like she understands what they are going through.

Sarah will probably tell Jason that someone is locked up downstairs and that he should save them. Sookie will then tell Bill and co and the Dallas vampire Stan will storm in without thinking and they will start the war.

Bills scenes were great. Lorena and him were ruthless. So a vampires maker has control over them. That should mean that older vampires have control over younger as long as the younger vampires were made by their offspring. Making a vampire dilutes the power of the original vampires as it is passed on. Older vampires have more 'True Blood' in them.

Hopefully we get another flash back in the next episode to tell us what happened between them. I think that probably the only think that could set Bill off is if Lorena tracked down and killed (or tricked him into killing) his great, great grandchildren. Family was the most important think to Bill while he was alive so it's probably his trigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What changed him? Was it only when he met Sookie or was it something before?

Lorena did say she hadn't seen Bill in over 70 years, so I'm guessing something happened in the 30s that made Bill leave her. That would be somewhat before Sookie's time. ;)
    I think the Reverand must have got the info from one of the vampires in Dallas or a human involved with them. There is a leak somewhere and that is how they knew who she was and what she could do.
    My money's on Isabel, and her human is just some guy she glamored to fool Sookie.
    Also he did ask about the scars,but only after he got pool table sex! :D great guy! :P

I punched the air and had to shout YES, he finally asked about the scars.
    J-blk wrote: »
    But I think there's more to Daphne too - the pig is her "go to" shift... Maybe Daphne isn't a human who can shape shift after all, but her true form is the pig and whatever the hell Maryann has done to her, allows her to shift, including into the human form...

Sam's go-to shape is a dog, it's the one that's most comfortable and easy for them to do. Sam said this last year when he told Sookie about his shape shifting. So I'd guess the pig is just simple for Daphne, hence her go-to shape.
    And yes, it seems Eggs is a "victim" but that still doesn't explain why Maryann keeps him around, as opposed to any of the other (tons of apparently) people that come under her spell?

The whole Eggs situation, the stone circle in the forest, the blood covered stone, his lack of memory, why is Maryann trying to get him together with Tara, is all getting very strange, or more strange.
    iguana wrote: »
    Thinking about it, I think the female Dallas vampire is the traitor who arranged for Goddrick to be captured and killed. And she has now helped the Church of the Sun capture Sookie by ensuring she went to the church with her "boyfriend" who is probably just some guy she's glamoured.

That's exactly what I thought when Sookie read the guys mind. Seems a bit too handy.
    Couldn't he just turn into a grizzly bear or something else big and powerful and escape? Or turn into a tiny mouse and scarper off.

Or a bird, and fly away.

Some Interesting questions in this episode. Why are the vamps getting Lafayette to sell V again? Is it spiked maybe, or do they just want to see who's buying it? Why would Isabel (or whoever) betray Godrick, to take over from him? Surely a war with the Church of the Sun doesn't really help them. Is Jason really Jesus, or is Sarah just a bored housewife? What went down between Bill and Lorena that changed Bill?

Does anyone know how closely the plot of the tv series follows the books? Was series one basically the first book? Is this series the second book? Or are elements of different books brought together in each series? Is the series now moving away from the books?

After watching series 1 I thought about reading the first book, but it looks kind of stupid. I did read an interview with Alan Ball where he said he read it and thought it was great, which was why he wanted to make this series. So I think I'll give the first book a try, but I don't want to spoil the series as there is no way the books are as good as the show.

• Advertisement

jor el wrote: »
    Sam's go-to shape is a dog, it's the one that's most comfortable and easy for them to do. Sam said this last year when he told Sookie about his shape shifting. So I'd guess the pig is just simple for Daphne, hence her go-to shape.

I don't remember any mention of it in season 1, but can Sam shift into anything else other than a dog? Cause we've never seen him do so, but is he even aware that he can? He didn't seem too phased by the fact that Daphne was pig this time, so he must know that they can shift to different forms at least, but can he do it?
    Does anyone know how closely the plot of the tv series follows the books? Was series one basically the first book? Is this series the second book? Or are elements of different books brought together in each series? Is the series now moving away from the books?

AFAIK, the books are a bit more lighthearted than the show but the 1st season did follow the 1st book and this one borrows elements from the 2nd book but deviates more than season 1 did. "V" as a drug that humans use doesn't exist at all in the books and I believe Lafayette was killed off at the end of the 1st book too - haven't read them though, so I could be wrong.

I don't remember any mention of it in season 1, but can Sam shift into anything else other than a dog? Cause we've never seen him do so, but is he even aware that he can? He didn't seem too phased by the fact that Daphne was pig this time, so he must know that they can shift to different forms at least, but can he do it?

In season 1 when talking to Sookie he says a dog is easiest for him,that he can turn into a bird but that flying is hard and that humans are too complex. I'd like to see a story where Sam learns more about what he can do and gets stronger using his power,turning into a lion or a bear would be a lot more effective than a dog when someone is in trouble. It would be even cool if he could learn to turn into other humans,which he says are too complex but maybe that is because he has very little experience at using his ability.

In season 1 when talking to Sookie he says a dog is easiest for him,that he can turn into a bird but that flying is hard and that humans are too complex.

I had completely forgotten that, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

I think the other telepath, Barry, is the informer. He just disappeared for no reason and they showed him in the episode recap, which is usually significant.

In season 1 when talking to Sookie he says a dog is easiest for him,that he can turn into a bird but that flying is hard and that humans are too complex. I'd like to see a story where Sam learns more about what he can do and gets stronger using his power,turning into a lion or a bear would be a lot more effective than a dog when someone is in trouble. It would be even cool if he could learn to turn into other humans,which he says are too complex but maybe that is because he has very little experience at using his ability.

I've a feeling shifters who change into pigs are more powerful; as a pigs anatomy is very similar to humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

well spent the last week and a half watching all episodes back to back, great show I seem to recall from episode 4 (about 54 minutes in) Maryann was doing her vibration thing and her hands turned into big long claws so she is the one who attacked Sookie, Voodoo woman and the changeling.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Presumably Eggs has the power to change into something or more likely Maryann has the power to change him into something without him remembering any of the details.
    What's Karl's story? Anyone got any theories?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

What's Karl's story? Anyone got any theories?

I either episode 1 or 2 this season Tara says to MaryAnn that Karl is great for doing all the housework, etc. MaryAnn then tells Tara that it is really a selfish act on Karl's behalf. He is putting in time in servitude now to be rewarded later on. So Karl is basically just doing it so that MaryAnn will reward him. Whatever that reward is I don't know. It's probably to give him some power.

• Advertisement

Pretty good episode again. More of a builder episode rather than massive revelations. Bills back story was a bit weak I felt.

I dont know if Jason is actually
    dead, it looked like a taser gun to me.

Godricks reveal was pretty cool but he looked more, i dunno, intense when we last saw him.

Good episode over all though. They really know their cliffhangers.

Advertisement