Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] True Blood - Season 2 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Another great moment was, and this is far from verbatim, when Sookie mentioned about Darlene getting killed:

Jason: "Who's Darlene?"
    Sookie: "A new waitress at Merlotte's"
    Jason: "There's a new waitress at Merlotte's?!"

He says it with such excitement in his voice since he famously nailed practically every waitress there in the 1st season! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Is Darlene a hybrid of Daphne and Arlene? :D

Still, that was almost verbatim except for the name - that was indeed very funny and the look on Jason's face when he's told that Daphne is dead (so he'll never get the chance :)).

J-blk wrote: »
    Is Darlene a hybrid of Daphne and Arlene? :D
    I admit it.. I've a terrible memory of names! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

are there two eps left? or one long one for next week?

Kirby wrote: »
    are there two eps left? or one long one for next week?
    Nope, two week wait between next week's episode and the finale:
    2-11 - 30 Aug 09
    2-12 - 13 Sep 09

Anyone else notice Sunday night's episode was shorter than normal? 44 minutes vs 52 - 54 minutes normally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

basquille wrote: »
    two week wait between next week's episode and the finale

Aaaaaargh! :mad: The wait will kill me... though then we have to wait for who knows how long for season 3...
    Anyone else notice Sunday night's episode was shorter than normal? 44 minutes vs 52 - 54 minutes normally.

Yep, saw lots of b****ing and moaning about it on some sites, though I guess that's all the story they had to tell for this episode, so it was a bit shorter. HBO/Showtime shows don't always stick to the almost exact same episode length as most network shows do...

BTW, did anyone find it strange that when Bill left Sookie urgently to make it to the queen for help in fighting Maryann, he still found the time to clean up and change clothes (or is it essential that you are sporting a leather jacket when addressing the queen) :)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Great episode. Lots going on in it. Jason was great in this episode again as were Andy and Sam. When they got to bar first and the people started coming out of everywhere it was like some zombie show. That "God has horns" line was great. Terry really controlled everything in this episode. When Jason had the nailgun to Arlene's head the camera looked through his eyes and it seemed like his 'soul' was forcing itself out to save her. It looked the same when Tara's mother started singing scripture to her and she stopped shouting abuse for a second.

Bill attacking MaryAnn was great and then Sookie using a new power on her. I'm not sure what it was but it seemed to effect her mind. Whatever it is it'll probably be next season before we see much more of it.

Bill did get to see the queen pretty quickly. I doubt that that was her blood or leg in the final shot. It was probably just some human that she was feeding on.

Roll on next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Dr Hfuhruhurr

Found this promo for the last 2 episodes on U Bend. ..go on have a look you know you want to !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNwTXWJ_5I8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Found this promo for the last 2 episodes on U Bend. ..go on have a look you know you want to !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNwTXWJ_5I8

Damn you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    Damn you!
    Resist!

not gonna watch the promo. Never do. Prefer to be completely unspoiled as the episode has a better impact that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Kirby wrote: »
    not gonna watch the promo. Never do. Prefer to be completely unspoiled as the episode has a better impact that way.

Yup me too. Always regret it when I do look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Ye but that was his own choice. Eric mentioned in an earlier episode that Godric could have been King of Texas if he had wanted to,obviously based on how he went out he wasn't arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

great episode, god i love this show.

only 2 epiodes left and almost another year before the next series :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

According to the imdb forum, HBO aired a 10 minute fake vampire news report or suchlike straight after...
    It was good to see some humour in this episode compared to the seriousness of the last couple of episodes, love Terry and Arlene and the Jason posing as god thing, "Smite me mother****er!"
    Severe lack of Eric though...

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

J-blk wrote: »
    BTW, did anyone find it strange that when Bill left Sookie urgently to make it to the queen for help in fighting Maryann, he still found the time to clean up and change clothes (or is it essential that you are sporting a leather jacket when addressing the queen) :)?

Yeah I thought that was strangely amusing too.

The choice of music too was pretty cool and you just knew it was going to end there without actually seeing the queen :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Namlub wrote: »
    According to the imdb forum, HBO aired a 10 minute fake vampire news report or suchlike straight after...
    It was good to see some humour in this episode compared to the seriousness of the last couple of episodes, love Terry and Arlene and the Jason posing as god thing, "Smite me mother****er!"
    Severe lack of Eric though...

Was having a look to see if you can view the news report things on youtube, it doesn't seem to be up yet but i did come across these.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

opr wrote: »
    Was having a look to see if you can view the news report things on youtube, it doesn't seem to be up yet but i did come across these.

Opr

very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

From one of those news articles http://bloodcopy.com/

Although fangbook.net doesn't exist

• Advertisement

they were very cool. A real "60 minutes" feel to them. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

truebloodposter_l.jpg

HBO | TVIV | IMDb

My favourite new show of last year is back.. discussion from tomorrow!
    I Just finished the first series,, where can I watch/get the boxset for the second one?! thanks

This episode was pretty good,but not as good as it has been the last few episodes. It felt more like they were just setting things up for the finale.

I really liked the Queen,Evan Rachel Wood was really good and I look forward to seeing more of her.Also a strange little thing with Sookie's cousin,what was that about? Bill has known she was there,the Queen knows about Sookie and this cousin is staying there but doesn't know what is going on in the outside world,she didn't know the gran was dead. Also loved her "sun" room with the pool and deck chairs :D

Some other interesting parts,so Sam knows Eric? I don't recall them ever having met in season 1,so they know each other from previous encounters,Eric knows Sam is a shifter.Great scene were he is just lying across the couch talking to Sam,then the conversation with Pam about the kids."Teaccup humans" :D Also,Eric can fly! rather strange.

The stuff with Andy and Jason was basically just set up for the finale but had some funny moments.

Is Bill going to deliver Sam to Mary-Ann? It looked that way.

So Tara summoned Mary-Ann with her "exorcism",she didn't mean it but that's how it happened,great throwback to season 1 there. Speaking of Tara,how stupid can she be? And her stupid mother! Pair of idiots.Now she is back black-eyed,with Lafayette in there too.

There was really a lot in this episode yet it still just felt like a set up for the finale in 2 weeks,still a good episode.

Promo for season finale, I didn't embedd it in case it shows any spoiler images for those who don't want to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLlEdWGZh1c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

End of the episode was a bit WTF, also what was the point of Eric going to see the queen for the exact same reason that Bill went to see her?

the scene outside between him and bill :). And that he is probably trying to act the hero to impress sookie. I have a feeling he will come flying in to save the day too....literally :D They can fly in the books, and I was wondering when that would happen in the show. Also, if you remember back to season one when Bill and sookie first go to fangtasia and its raided by the police, Eric clearly "floats" when leaving the club. So its not totally out of the blue.

No episode next week. Then the finale the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

The finale isn't for 2 weeks? That seems daft, why have a gap before 1 episode? Argh!

Cina wrote: »
    The finale isn't for 2 weeks? That seems daft, why have a gap before 1 episode? Argh!

Its "Labour Day" in America,long weekend,I reckon people go away. They might think the ratings will be hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

tvnutz wrote: »
    Speaking of Tara,how stupid can she be? And her stupid mother! Pair of idiots.

Have to agree there, the best scene Tara was in was her first in season 1 getting fired and its been downhill since then. If Tara her mother and Eggs were killed off and replaced it would make the show better but I guess with affirmative action and all that in America they won't be going anywhere for a while.

Even though were near the end of season 2, I still get the feeling that there's plenty left in the tank for season 3. Eric to this True Blood is like Skylar to Heroes, a great character, to be honest Sookie would be probably better off with him as Bill just seems so boring.

Liked the Queens introduction and could be a great character in future episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Meh, I wish they got rid of Bill. Stephen Moyer is a dreadful actor.

Advertisement