Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] True Blood - Season 2 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Good episode. Sorry to see Godric gone so soon but it was a good end. I laughed when Eric tricked Sookie into drinking his blood. Also at the Newlin's fighting on tv. Good to see
    Lafayette kicking ass again.

As people are talking about little things, what happened to Sookie's ability to control objects? Like when she held the chain wrapped around Mack Rattray's neck when they tried to steal Bill's blood in the pilot. Or when she threw him in the second episode.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

The Don wrote: »
    As people are talking about little things, what happened to Sookie's ability to control objects? Like when she held the chain wrapped around Mack Rattray's neck when they tried to steal Bill's blood in the pilot. Or when she threw him in the second episode.

She never had that ability, she's only telepathic. If you watch the original pilot, the one with the other actor playing Tara, you'll see that there was actually a woman in the bushes who did that. It is really confusing in the first episode though as they left in the tk effect with the chain, but we are supposed to believe it was the momentum from the swing that caused the chain to coil like that. The bit where Mack Rattray is thrown in the second episode was Bill moving him at speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

iguana wrote: »
    She never had that ability, she's only telepathic. If you watch the original pilot, the one with the other actor playing Tara, you'll see that there was actually a woman in the bushes who did that. It is really confusing in the first episode though as they left in the tk effect with the chain, but we are supposed to believe it was the momentum from the swing that caused the chain to coil like that. The bit where Mack Rattray is thrown in the second episode was Bill moving him at speed.

That would explain why we haven't seen it since. Its been a while since I watched them so I'd forgotten Bill threw Mack. So does Tara have that ability in the books and does it effect the story more? Would that be why MaryAnn is interested in her?

The Don wrote: »
    So does Tara have that ability in the books and does it effect the story more? Would that be why MaryAnn is interested in her?

I don't know, Tara's not in the first book and I'm reading the books behind the series as i think the series is better and I don't want to spoil it. The other characters aren't as important in the books, they are written in first person from Sookie's point of view, so everything is from her perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

There's more inconsistency with V though. The first time Jason takes it he takes a whole vial and only gets and erection for hours. He wasn't tripping that time at all. On subsequent occasions however he's tripping out of his head on one drop. This did annoy me a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Does the temperature of the V affect it's effects? Or do they somehow refine it when they make the 'tabs'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

matrim wrote: »
    Would that mean that everyone who did V has a connection, and do Layfayette and Eric now have a connection?

Considering that Lafayette drank Eric's blood to heal himself, as Sookie did with Bill's in the first episode, I'd say that they now have a connection too. Eric will be able to sense Lafayette, and Lafayette may become sexually attracted to Eric, though we haven't seen any evidence of that so far. If anything, Lafayette is terrified of Eric, and vampires in general.
    2040 wrote: »
    There's more inconsistency with V though. The first time Jason takes it he takes a whole vial and only gets and erection for hours. He wasn't tripping that time at all. On subsequent occasions however he's tripping out of his head on one drop. This did annoy me a bit.

It just adds to the inconsistency. Why did Jason have to get his penis drained after taking one vial of blood, when Lafayette drank about a gallon, and had no effect other than to cure his injuries? Is it something to do with your level of health?

Best to ignore the little inconsistencies, or it'll just ruin the show for you.

jor el wrote: »
    Is it something to do with your level of health?

Quite obviously, that's why there is a difference in the effect when a healthy person takes any medicine in real life. Look at all the injured people who get fairly large doses of morphine and just feel a bit better as opposed to the non injured people who are massively hooked on smallish doses of it or heroin.

There are also differences based on the age and health of the vampire, the freshness of the blood and the method used to imbibe. I'm not sure why there is so much confusion I've always found it straightforward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

my favourite part of the episode was where hoyt was having the argument with his mother regarding people she hates

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Also liked that scene too :p

I was thinking about it and as villains go, MaryAnn can't be that hard to kill. Chop off her head, job done. So I was finding it hard to get excited about the inevitable showdown between her and the vamps.

But then I thought about it a bit more . She can't control supernatural people like everyone else but she could make Sam shift so I'm assuming she can do something similar to the vampires. Make Bill go all primal and evil perhaps, make sookie go insane, etc.

Even if she couldn't though, she can control the whole town of normal people and thats an army right there. An army that Sookie wouldn't let Bill kill so it could get interesting. A Big scary Bull ("with claws!" :p) with an army of the whole town............ versus a hanful of vampires, a crazy girl, a drunken cop, and a dog.

I know who my money would be on.

• Advertisement

Bad, bad news guys.

Whenever I get a crush on a tv character, within a few months that character turns into the world's most annoying pussy. And I'm sort of developing a crush on Eric.:( Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

iguana wrote: »
    turns into the world's most annoying pussy. And I'm sort of developing a crush on Eric.:( Sorry.

Well, as was mentioned earlier, he is in a lady gaga music video. He's only beginning to garner respect off me now as the shows gone on. Of all the Vamps, he's probably my favorite though. Had hopes for Godric but I've really had enough of Bills incessantly repeating "Sookie..." "I am vampire..."

Still best thing on the box at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Check him out in Generaion Kill (amazing amazing miniseries btw) he's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

DapperGent wrote: »
    Check him out in Generaion Kill (amazing amazing miniseries btw) he's fantastic.

Ye I was just going to mention this,the guy is a great actor. Was great in Generation Kill.

Have to say, I read the first book which the first season was based off...and wasn't impressed. It's all in first person which is an interesting style, but I found the author really poor. None of the characters had much personality at all, and her descriptive passages were awful. Sookie came accross as extremely whiny and dour aswell and I never get that impression from the show.

The series definately surpasses the book and the changes they made to the overall arc were for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

What did everyone think of last night's episode?

I enjoyed it, i'm interested to learn more about zookie's powers...if maryann was bemused, it must be more that zookie really knows considering the power maryann has...can't wait to see what the queen looks like...it was very strange how Bill could get an audience before her so quickly, especially as he is considered a young vampire...

I really enjoyed this weeks episode. It was very funny but serious at the same time. So is Sookie developing new powers or was it just something to do with Mary-Ann?That was a great scene when Bill tried to feed on her.

All the scenes with the black eyed loons were very funny,especially when Jason pretended to be the god.There were a few other bits like when he had the nail gun to Arlene's head and they start shouting "yeh nail her!" :D There was also a disturbing shot of some old fella of about 70 doing some girl on the pool table :p

I knew something had to happen with Jessica and Hoyt,Hoyt's mother playing the Wii was brilliant as well.

I did enjoy the episodes when they were in Dallas but it is really got to have all the characters back in Bon Temps and now with the queen coming into it,it should get interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That was an epic episode. There wasn't a dull moment. Loved all the scenes with Jason, Sam, Andy, Terry and Arlene especially. I had been wondering why Sam didn't turn into a fly as soon as they tied him to the car in the first place, but liked how it worked out anyway.
    Only 2 more to go....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Very good episode.Jason was brilliant in it.As was Andy and Terry and Hoyt's mom playing the Wii was epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

God damn True Blood and their cliffhangers. :( I suspect the foot that is dropping blood belongs to Bill's sire. I don't know why, just a hunch. :p

Great episode, Jason was comical.

• Advertisement

decent episode but I think i preferred the last two eps. The "Vulcan mind meld" scene was a bit hokey and I thought they could've done it alot better.

That flash of power from sookie was interesting. It's good though, as they can develop her more if she is not as helpless. She has always seemed like fish food surrounded by all those powerful vampires, and this new power will give her some teeth and not have to be rescued all the time. :)

I'm wondering who the queen is. And is that blood from the person she is feeding on? or is she dead? well, deader than usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

The Vampire Queen is
    Evan Rachel Wood

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

2040 wrote: »
    The Vampire Queen is
    Evan Rachel Wood

I should've guessed as much, because I knew she'd be in the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I thought this episode was great, and just the right balance between the craziness, humour and the advancement of the story. Truly building up to a great ending of season 2. The writing just seems to be great the way it's able to introduce new facets with each episode.

The vampire Queen of Louisiana is a 500-year-old vampire from France who is charming, wily, ruthless and wise. She’s a consummate diplomat who has (or had) many of history’s most famous people on speed dial.
    Sophie Ann(The Queen) is supposed to be 15-16 yrs old and look that young and almost childlike.

8 of of 10 for this weeks episode

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    I

The vampire Queen of Louisiana is a 500-year-old vampire from France who is charming, wily, ruthless and wise. She’s a consummate diplomat who has (or had) many of history’s most famous people on speed dial.
    Sophie Ann(The Queen) is supposed to be 15-16 yrs old and look that young and almost childlike.

How does a 500 year old vampire get to be Queen whereas a 1000 year old like Eric is only sheriff? I'd like to see more about the vampire politics and chain of command.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

To be fair, this week's episode was superb!

Had the perfect mix of drama, humour, tension and the damn fine writing that has been evident throughout season 2.

Jason, Sam and Andy in Merlotte's was just fantastic stuff... Terry is really coming out as quite a character. His presence was passing in the 1st season (same as Mary Anne but that was more an introduction for "larger things" this season) but he's definitely becoming an important character. In fact, one of his lines was my favourite line this week..

"Bullsh*t, God has horns!" and cue Andy with the branch! :D

I thought this week's was the best of the recent ones.. don't get me wrong, the last 3 - 4 episodes have been absolutely top-notch but this one just hit all the right notes!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Agreed - great episode this week. Lots of action, the MaryAnn storyline rocketed forward, good character moments, and lashings of humour. Jason in Kick-Ass Vengeance mode again was awesome: not only did they give him a chainsaw but also a nailgun. And to top it off? They made him into a freaking god. Hilarious!

Sookie's power is interesting and it seems there's more to her than her telepathy. I'm guessing next season might explore exactly what she is..

The Queen - well I don't know much about her but please people here be careful - I find even stuff like "I should have guessed" after a spoiler means I should be able to guess. I don't want any hints!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

how does an unemployed vampire like vampire bill fund his lifestyle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    how does an unemployed vampire like vampire bill fund his lifestyle?

Probably on the dole like everyone else.

Great episode...tee's everything up for the last episode. I thought that Bill was off to Eric but it was a nice little twist.

Jason was very good, giving out about the eyes etc.

Great show....really impressed with it. Plenty of silliness but plenty of proper story to go along with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

basquille wrote: »
    "Bullsh*t, God has horns!" and cue Andy with the branch! :D

Best line of the episode :). Loved Jason trying to be a bad-ass, marching into the bar with the chainsaw then completely lost as to what to do and taking out the stereo to get everyone's attention, only to be promptly ignored.

It was also funny how Maryann's control of the town folk works against her at times: like when they tell the wacked out middle aged woman to call Maryann to tell her they've got Sam and she gets distracted by the "call Peanut for a good time" scribbling near the phone instead :D.

Terry in full military commander mode was excellent too and it was cool to see him so sure of himself, free of his usual nervousness. He also must really care for Arlene, since he put her safety above the "mission", even in his messed up mental state...

Advertisement