Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] True Blood - Season 2 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Bills back story was a bit weak I felt.

+1 - I still got nothing from the back story in this episode as to why Bill decided to stop being a cruel and twisted bastard all of a sudden... Fine, he didn't love Lorena and wanted to be released but there's nothing to explain why he would just give up human blood (especially before Tru Blood) and go all "good". I hope there's more coming on this but it doesn't look that way.

That does not look like a Taser to me... difficult to tell, but in the second screen cap, notice the smoke from the gun nozzle?

sv18wh.jpg

11l4meh.jpg

Good call everyone that figured out from last week that Sam would shift into something big and fight or a bird and fly away :). So he can shift to other shapes...

And did it seem to anyone that Godric was not a prisoner in the basement? He looked cool and in control, hardly like he was imprisoned for awhile and going to be BBQ'd in the morning... Is he in on things with Steve maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

No, It doesn't look like a taser to me either to be fair. Wishful thinking perhaps, I think Jasons character is quite good.

Dunno where Godric actually came from?

Perhaps there is no BBQ. All those people in one building with no way out? Bit of a stretch to think that they are all going to be slaughtered. Or turned.

Wishful thinking perhaps, I think Jasons character is quite good.

I don't see them killing off Jason TBH - yes, that didn't look like a Taser/stun gun but I'm sure that is not the end of the line for him, it can't be! We saw no body, no blood, so I'm guessing he's not dead...
    Perhaps there is no BBQ. All those people in one building with no way out? Bit of a stretch to think that they are all going to be slaughtered. Or turned.

Yep, I'm starting to think the "lock in" is not all it appears to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Dunno where Godric actually came from?
    Presumably Eric flew there and let him out from a nearby cell (having released him from whatever was restraining him?)
    I thought it was Eric that had removed Gabe from on top of Sookie, I was wondering why he wasn't in the last scene.

Lots of buildup:
    How is Jason?
    What does Lorena want with Barry?
    How did Lafayette seem to see that Eggs was trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I really hope they haven't killed off Jason, he's the funniest and most entertaining character in the show.

Good episode, even though Stephen Moyer still hasn't learned how to act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Come on people! It was clearly a paintball gun that we saw in previous episodes. Why she is shooting him with that I do not know,but it was definitely a paintball gun and too chunky or big to be a real gun.Jason is not dead.

I also assume it was Eric who after hearing Godric was in the Fellowship of the Sun,released him and then he saved Sookie.

Bill's backstory was grand,he killed for her because he felt he needed to impress her,he felt he didn't to do something to fall in love with her because she was his maker. So he did what he did but he couldn't deal with it. He never really lost his humanity,he just brushed it aside to try get something he thought he was obliged to get (fall in love with Lorena) but he couldn't.

Clearly Eric feels something for Sookie and normally in shows I hate love triangles but this could be an interesting one. It will also be interesting to see what will happen with Godric now.

I knew Sam wouldn't die and I'm glad they brought back the thing from season 1 where he says he can turn into a bird.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

^^^^^^^
    I agree with pretty much all of this post. Unless it turns out that Godric had been toying with the Fellowship of the Sun and allowed them to hold him captive in order to show them just how powerful he is when the "lock in" happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

Anyone notice that Bill was reading a book about Greek Gods and Monsters in one of the flashback scenes?

2040 wrote: »
    Anyone notice that Bill was reading a book about Greek Gods and Monsters in one of the flashback scenes?

Maryann? What exactly did Daphne say Maryann was? that was one part I didn't hear too well...mostly because I was drunk while watching the episode,I got most of it,but there were certain parts...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Quilly

I've liked the new season so far . Gona be good to see how
    the sookie and Eric thing plays out
    :)

• Advertisement

tvnutz wrote: »
    Maryann? What exactly did Daphne say Maryann was? that was one part I didn't hear too well...mostly because I was drunk while watching the episode,I got most of it,but there were certain parts...:P

supposely she's the Devil. She increase the bad traits in people and feeds off that. A little out there if u ask me , but i 'm just going with it

tvnutz wrote: »
    Maryann? What exactly did Daphne say Maryann was? that was one part I didn't hear too well...

She's a Maenad - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maenad:
    In Greek mythology, maenads were the female followers of Dionysus, the most significant members of the Thiasus, the retinue of Dionysus. Their name literally translates as "raving ones". Often the maenads were portrayed as inspired by him into a state of ecstatic frenzy, through a combination of dancing and drunken intoxication.[1] In this state, they would lose all self control, begin shouting excitedly, engage in uncontrolled sexual behavior, and ritualistically hunt down and tear animals (and sometimes men and children) to pieces, devouring the raw flesh.
    Quilly wrote: »
    supposely she's the Devil. She increase the bad traits in people and feeds off that.

She's not the Devil. Maenads were the maidens of Dionysus and it is Dionysus who is supposed to be the ancient Greek equivalent to the Devil - that's pretty much what Daphne told Sam as well...

J-blk wrote: »
    She's a Maenad - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maenad:

She's not the Devil. Maenads were the maidens of Dionysus and it is Dionysus who is supposed to be the ancient Greek equivalent to the Devil - that's pretty much what Daphne told Sam as well...

ok ok greek equivalent :) good wiki read tho, very interesting

I meant that Maryann herself is not the Devil, but more like one of the maidens of the Devil (or Dionysus)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Dr Hfuhruhurr

Cina wrote: »
    I really hope they haven't killed off Jason, he's the funniest and most entertaining character in the show.

Good episode, even though Stephen Moyer still hasn't learned how to act.

Good Call Cina.. Im glad someone mentioned it. he is really hamming it up lately..Guy who plays Sam merlotte is earning his chops thats for sure.

Read up on Bacchanalian orgies. Bacchus was the Roman version of Dionysus and his worshipers would have celebrations a lot like Maryann's parties. Bacchus/Dionysus wasn't evil but was more the god of mental liberation. Freeing yourself of mental and societal constraints and following your more animal urges. The associations of Dionysus and Satan and Maenads and gods like Kali and Gaia don't have any real historical parallels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'd be awfully disappointed if this is the end of Jason, it would be too anti-climatic.

I'm disappointed too with the fact that Isabel is seemingly innocent of any involvement with the Fellowship. I thought that was what the episode was building towards, especially after she told Eric that it was curiosity more so than love that drew her to that guy (which in turn suggested to me that she thought he was expendable).

I don't know what to think about Godric. I doubt he's in league with the Fellowship in any way, they seem to be too into what they are all about (the gun room, the meetings where vampire hatred is incited etc etc). I don't think Eric freed Godric either, I mean where would he start to look? Just because he knew where Sookie was that doesn't necessarily mean he knew where Godric was. Even if he did free him by being able to feel presence, where was Eric when Godric saved Sookie?

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I don't know what to think about Godric. I doubt he's in league with the Fellowship in any way, they seem to be too into what they are all about (the gun room, the meetings where vampire hatred is incited etc etc). I don't think Eric freed Godric either, I mean where would he start to look? Just because he knew where Sookie was that doesn't necessarily mean he knew where Godric was. Even if he did free him by being able to feel presence, where was Eric when Godric saved Sookie?

The more I think about it, the more I think Godric was toying with the FotS. I think he was waiting for the lock in, in order to burst free and show the humans the full extent of his power and feed on whichever of them he wants.

I was always thinking that as he is 2000 years old and roman looking, maybe he killed Jesus. Or was somehow involved with him. Or maybe he just wants to pretend that to the congregation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

iguana wrote: »
    The more I think about it, the more I think Godric was toying with the FotS. I think he was waiting for the lock in, in order to burst free and show the humans the full extent of his power and feed on whichever of them he wants.

That is certainly a plausible explanation. Having said that Godric didn't look too malnourished or mistreated. I forget how long he was meant to be missing, but surely if he was toying with them he'd have to play along with them starving him. Then again, maybe they have been giving him True Blood to keep him alive so they can do the big vampire killing ceremony.
    I was always thinking that as he is 2000 years old and roman looking, maybe he killed Jesus. Or was somehow involved with him. Or maybe he just wants to pretend that to the congregation.
    That would be crazy,
    Judas being the first Vampire
    in Dracula 2000 crazy. :pac:

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    That is certainly a plausible explanation. Having said that Godric didn't look too malnourished or mistreated. I forget how long he was meant to be missing, but surely if he was toying with them he'd have to play along with them starving him. Then again, maybe they have been giving him True Blood to keep him alive so they can do the big vampire killing ceremony.

I've read the first book and according to that, the older a vampire is the less they need to feed. Which goes along with Bill telling Sookie that a vampire as new as Jessica can't control her urges like older ones can. So Godric may not have needed to feed much in the time he was captured.

I'm sort of joking about the Jesus thing - but a 2000 year old Roman in the hands of some Jesus loving nutters - it makes me wonder.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

eric tried to kill lady gaga god bless.pity twas only a music vid

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

iguana wrote: »
    I'm sort of joking about the Jesus thing - but a 2000 year old Roman in the hands of some Jesus loving nutters - it makes me wonder.;)

Maybe the whole vampire thing started when JC invited Godric to drink his blood? Is it the same actor playing Godric as in a previous episode? I looked at stills from each episode side by side and he looks much different now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Maybe the whole vampire thing started when JC invited Godric to drink his blood? Is it the same actor playing Godric as in a previous episode? I looked at stills from each episode side by side and he looks much different now.

it was only sookie who said it was godric, maybe it isn't him??

the tattoo though on his arm, was that there when he turned eric.

I looked at stills from each episode side by side and he looks much different now.

It's the same actor in both cases. His hair is pretty different and he's obviously all cleaned up as opposed to the flashback, but I'm pretty sure it's the same guy. Oddly enough, www.imdb.com doesn't have him credited for this episode (his name is Allan Hyde) but I think that's just an omission...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I don't buy this whole Godric as captive thing at all. We've been told all the way along that he was taken by the church but that's never actually been shown to be the case. I would imagine Godric is using the church in some way for his own purposes. War perhaps. It was said earlier that if he'd wanted he could be all high in the Vampires (King of a large area rather an itty-bitty sherrif), so maybe he disagrees with the whole peace with humans thing.

I think it's particularily revealing that he didn't kill the would-be rapist, just stopped him, given that in the Eric making flashback (my favourite part of Season 2 so far) he was killing people in an instant. I dunno for sure but my guess is that the church is under his control somehow. I think we'll see Eric arrive to rescue him and discover this.

Maybe I'm wrong but if he had just broken out of captivity or if he was planning a slaughter the drill sergeant dude would be lieing around in bite size pieces rather than being held by the scruff of the neck.

Loving this season, ridiculously entertaining show.

P.S. Jason blatantly got hit with a tranquiliser dart.

DapperGent wrote: »
    I think it's particularily revealing that he didn't kill the would-be rapist.

Not yet anyway,who's to say the start of the next episode won't begin with godric ripping that guy apart.

Still think it was a paintball gun,looks exactly like the ones they were using a few episodes ago.

http://fellowshipofthesun.org/index.html

I love all these viral marketing sites that pop up for shows these days. Love all the videos on the site as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

That's what I think too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

When Even Rachel Wood makes her True Blood debut in the August 30 episode, there will be… well, obviously, blood.
    “Nobody’s ever entirely happy to see her” character, Louisiana’s blood-sucker boss lady, Queen Sophie-Ann, says series creator Alan Ball. “She’s very powerful, capricious and most likely insane.”
    Oooh, we love her already. So it’s a good thing she “has more than one secret agenda,” he teases, “which we will slowly become aware of over season 3.”

evan-rachel-wood_l.jpg?w=300&h=400

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I don't buy this whole Godric as captive thing at all. We've been told all the way along that he was taken by the church but that's never actually been shown to be the case. I would imagine Godric is using the church in some way for his own purposes. War perhaps. It was said earlier that if he'd wanted he could be all high in the Vampires (King of a large area rather an itty-bitty sherrif), so maybe he disagrees with the whole peace with humans thing.

The church never actually said the name of the vampire that they had so it could just be some random vampire. Godric could have been waiting for his opportunity.

I was also wondering if Sam could turn into the same creature that MaryAnn is? He said that its really difficult to turn into a human but I don't remember him saying that he can't do it. She's only half human anyway. His power probably doesn't work like that otherwise he could turn into vampires, etc as well.

Advertisement