Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] True Blood - Season 2 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Is it just me or does this show emphasise how much sex you are not getting.

Unless of course you are getting lots of sex

That is the HBO way my friend.:pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Did anyone else think Sookie read Jessica's mind when Jessica was in the coffin and struggling to get out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

iguana wrote: »
    Did anyone else think Sookie read Jessica's mind when Jessica was in the coffin and struggling to get out?

No, why? It seemed purely as a comic relief moment to me... Bill bursts out of the thing at super-speed, while Jessica freaks out and can't figure out how it opens... Her cries for help seemed to be out loud, not thoughts...

J-blk wrote: »
    No, why? It seemed purely as a comic relief moment to me... Bill bursts out of the thing at super-speed, while Jessica freaks out and can't figure out how it opens... Her cries for help seemed to be out loud, not thoughts...

I thought that at first but Sookie seems confused when she looks at the coffin, then she looks at the others, back at the coffin and then shrugs it off. So when Barry was reading her thoughts, initially I thought her powers were expanding. But now I think her powers are expanding to allow her read vampires, possibly as she spends so much time around them. And the situation with Barry is meant to distract from it.

I thought that at first but Sookie seems confused when she looks at the coffin, then she looks at the others, back at the coffin and then shrugs it off.

I'm not too sure now, I'd have to rewatch that... Sookie always looks a bit confused so I didn't think much of it. Could be an interesting direction if she could read vampires' minds (I wonder would she still be fascinated by Bill, as the big draw to him initially was that she could not read him) but I still think it was only comic relief and not much more. We'll know soon enough I suppose - I can't believe a third of the season is already gone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I thought that at first but Sookie seems confused when she looks at the coffin, then she looks at the others, back at the coffin and then shrugs it off.

She only looked at it once, as did Bill. She didn't shrug it off, but she was about to be kidnapped, so may have been a little preoccupied.
    So when Barry was reading her thoughts, initially I thought her powers were expanding. But now I think her powers are expanding to allow her read vampires, possibly as she spends so much time around them. And the situation with Barry is meant to distract from it.

I don't think so. Bill was busy, what with him about to rip the guys head off, and the guy was also busy, so neither of them cared too much that Jessica couldn't get out of the coffin.

Why would Jessica only think about shouting, instead of actually shouting? That's just silly.

After looking at the scene again, it was very short, and didn't give enough time to show anyone helping Jessica. However, it did show Bill looking towards the coffin, so he heard her too.

jor el wrote: »
    Why would Jessica only think about shouting, instead of actually shouting? That's just silly.

She wouldn't have thought about shouting, she would have just panicked and Sookie "heard" her panicking.
    jor el wrote: »
    After looking at the scene again, it was very short, and didn't give enough time to show anyone helping Jessica. However, it did show Bill looking towards the coffin, so he heard her too.

He may have just heard the clatter as it fell, Sookie looked first and looked differently. And there was definitely a look on her face that was shock and confusion, at Jessica's panic and frustration, rather than the kidnap attempt. Of course that could be Paquin's acting rather than plot direction. But it doesn't just look like normal distraction in the middle of a scary situation, it looked like puzzlement which was shrugged off as there were more important things to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

Does anyone think details surrounding the synthetic Tru Blood will feature more in future episodes? Is it really synthetic? I noticed that the Vampire spokeswoman was in Japan at one point. I'd imagine this will feature more in future episodes or even future series.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Another one to enjoy. We get to see more of Eric's past (he was a Viking!) and we're now tying together Sookie and Jason's plots - will Jason side against her?

Good setup with Tara and I found it creepy how Maryann seemed to be turning into Sookie's gran. I think Forbes is excellent in the role.

Jason and the Solider of Light (sequel to the Argonauts?) is fun as Jason always is. Wonder where the preacher's wife story is taking us.

As to the end - did I get it wrong or do we have our first psychic vampire?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

ixoy wrote: »
    I don't think so. I think we could she could just hear what was going on in the room.

I think Jason is being setup for something (potentially kill Bill) but the preacher's wife doesn't want him to be the one to do it.
    Good setup with Tara and I found it creepy how Maryann seemed to be turning into Sookie's gran. I think Forbes is excellent in the role.
    Maryann seems to be able to make people angry (argumentative) as well euphoric

It's also interesting how everyone is now finding a second person who has their power.

• Advertisement

Don't think so either - the big "WTF" cliffhanger moment is that she's Bill's maker so that's going to mean trouble. I kept wondering why they showed us that clip on the "previously" reel for the entire episode (and for some time, thought it may just have something to do with Eric "sharing" about his maker) but that was the whole intention behind it (a bit of a spoiler in the recap section TBH).
    matrim wrote: »
    It's also interesting how everyone is now finding a second person who has their power.

Seems to be a theme pretty much - even the vampire relationships with their makers (Eric/Bill/Jessica) are a similar idea to the "normal" people finding another one like them...

I'm a bit surprised Tara didn't react at all to Maryann dressed up as Sookie's gran pretty much...

I also wonder what's up with Lafayette now, Sam's response to his broken spirit pretty much summed it up perfectly: "right about now you'd be telling me to f**k off in some creative way"...

Best funny moment of the episode goes to Jason as usual and it only took one word:
    [Holding a rocket launcher and having a sly little grin on his face] Amen :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Best funny moment of the episode goes to Jason as usual and it only took one word:[Holding a rocket launcher and having a sly little grin on his face] Amen :).
    I was reminded of that motivational poster "someone take that rocket launcher away form Jamal before he kills us!" :D

It was a good episode. It was great to see Eric's past and how he was turned. Godric seemed really taken by him. Barry knows less than Sookie and she'll be looking for him now to try and help him. Jason and Sookie's are definitely going to cross paths I just don't think that it will be so soon. Sarah is really good at twisting things so that people do what she wants.

I would trust Isabel less as Stan doesn't seem to have the brains to double cross Sookie, even if it would appear to help his agenda of war.

Jessica and Hoyt are getting closer. He seems to be pretty innocent still reading comic books. She has the emotions of a teenager and I can see her getting really jealous if some girl starts to talk to Hoyt in a later episode and she'll want her guts.

MaryAnn dressed as Sookie's gran was pretty strange alright. She really wants Tara to stay. Her powers seem to influence all human emotions and maybe memories as well as the staff thought they had given orders to each other.

I re-watched the scene in season 1 episode 5 where Bill gets turned. His maker Lorena says that he will feel her and he is hers now. There is probably some connection between maker and 'child'. I wonder if Sookie will be hers now by default if Bill is hers? It did appear that she just heard them with her hearing but I would think that the hotel owners would soundproof the rooms so that Vampires can't spy on one another as part of their service.

Best funny moment of the episode goes to Jason as usual and it only took one word:
    [Holding a rocket launcher and having a sly little grin on his face] Amen :).

And when he first walked into that room

"Holy sh..... holyness" :)

The Don wrote: »
    Sarah is really good at twisting things so that people do what she wants.

Ahem... :).
    matrim wrote: »
    And when he first walked into that room

"Holy sh..... holyness" :)

Almost forgot that one :D. Jason trying to be all good and honorable is absolutely hilarious... I didn't care too much for his plotlines last season but really look forward to any scene he's in this season...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ah she's his maker... that's what I get for forgetting faces so easily!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ah she's his maker... that's what I get for forgetting faces so easily!

I didn't realise it at first either until I remembered the "previously on" bit at the start. They show Bill being turned and later I was thinking why that was put in there,and it clicked. This could get very interesting! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I never get the 'previously on' bits so was a bit confused at the end but thanks for clearing that up.

This series is shaping up great. Jason getting the best reward ever tbh

He seems to be pretty innocent still reading comic books.

Ahem!:mad: Comics are written primarily for adults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Interesting subplot with eric. I wonder will we some more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Interesting subplot with eric. I wonder will we some more?

I hope so. He's probably my favourite character in the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

nah, I think she is quite old and her sense are so powerful she could hear and sense Bill and Sookie.

Anyone wonder that Sam hasn't really noticed the scars on the waitresses back? I've a feeling she ain't a proper shapeshifter and that Maryann has done something to her.

sweetie wrote: »
    Anyone wonder that Sam hasn't really noticed the scars on the waitresses back? I've a feeling she ain't a proper shapeshifter and that Maryann has done something to her.

I'm fairly certain he has noticed them several times but for some unknown reason he won't open his mouth and say "what the hell happened to your back woman!?" It is probably the only thing that has annoyed me about the last 2 episodes.

tvnutz wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain he has noticed them several times but for some unknown reason he won't open his mouth and say "what the hell happened to your back woman!?" It is probably the only thing that has annoyed me about the last 2 episodes.

Sam is a sensitive guy and knows how damn hurtful comments like that would be. He's not going to be a jerk and ask, he's willing to wait for her to tell him if she wants. It's what nice people do.

Sam is a sensitive guy and knows how damn hurtful comments like that would be. He's not going to be a jerk and ask, he's willing to wait for her to tell him if she wants. It's what nice people do.

Meh...a massive scar like that,it would be very hard not to say something...and I'm a nice guy :D

Meh...a massive scar like that,it would be very hard not to say something...and I'm a nice guy :D

Well Sam is obviously nicer.:P

The thing with Sam though, is that he is someone with a huge secret and he doesn't like being asked too many questions. So I think he is the type of character who would wait for Daphne to tell him if she wants to. As long as it's not something she is upset about he'd never ask. There is also the fact that as the first shapeshifter he's ever met he has other things on his mind.

Well Sam is obviously nicer.:P

The thing with Sam though, is that he is someone with a huge secret and he doesn't like being asked too many questions. So I think he is the type of character who would wait for Daphne to tell him if she wants to. As long as it's not something she is upset about he'd never ask. There is also the fact that as the first shapeshifter he's ever met he has other things on his mind.

I'd agree with that. Sam is very private and isn't the kind of guy to ask that question.

You could tell even with Lafayette he was reluctant to ask what had happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

'Tis such a nice guy he'll pay for a cab ride home after he's roofied ya! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I hope so. He's probably my favourite character in the show.

Yup...he's pretty bad ass.

Spin Off anyone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

This is quickly becoming my fav show on TV. The cast have amazing chemistry together especially Bill and Eric. Skarsgard is a brilliant actor and I see huge things in his future. The storyline keeps me gripped week to week and there usually isnt any subplot that doesnt hold my attention. I think this weeks episode was a bit of a mis step though bar the Eric / Godric bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yes. You can see he wants to ask her, but won't. I think it might have happened to her when she was in animal form, maybe?

Boo ;)

I also think that the woman vampire is the traitor, the guy is a bit too obvious with his hatred of humans and desire for war. She's much more subtle, and devious looking.

Advertisement