Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology Higher Level

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

One was flowing into the lungs, the other was flowing out.
    I took a guess and said Pulmonery Artery..

oh i see it now... i dont have a clue what i said anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

celtic723 wrote: »
    i didn't even see the ****ing arrows!!!!!!!!!!!....those ***** have swindled 3 marks from me for their inability to put clear diagrams on the bloody exam. it's an arteriole by the way. *****

hey ya i didnt see the arrows either only heard bout them on boards i took a guess and said pulmonary arteriol but it always happens in biology that questions are deemed unfair and if you wrote the name of your pet dog down they have to give you the marks it happens most years on at least 1 question:D

so if u attempted the question which was "questionable" you got full marks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

For the eye question (i didnt do it) but i laughed to myself when i saw the "why is 2 eyes better than 1" question for the laugh i was gonna write "because eyepatches are SO last year!" decided against it tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭smndly

can someone help me with question 1 (f) on the exam? On whether to not heat, heat or boil the Benedict's solution? I said it should be heated but not boiled. However in my biology book it says it should be boiled. But then in my ag. science book it says heat gently to 40 to 50 degrees. Ive also checked some internet sites which say heat gently too. So does anyone know what the answer is?? Im sure it probably works both if u heat it and if u boil it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

smndly wrote: »
    can someone help me with question 1 (f) on the exam? On whether to not heat, heat or boil the Benedict's solution? I said it should be heated but not boiled. However in my biology book it says it should be boiled. But then in my ag. science book it says heat gently to 40 to 50 degrees. Ive also checked some internet sites which say heat gently too. So does anyone know what the answer is?? Im sure it probably works both if u heat it and if u boil it!!
    I put down "heat but not boil" as well, since when we did the experiment in class we didn't boil it. However my biology book says "To heat in a boiling water bath" which is slightly confusing wording so I'm not sure what the correct answer is.
    But I assume that if it is boil and a lot of people put down heat they'll give attempt marks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭smndly

Yea because i remember actually doing it in the lab and the colour had turned brick red before the water bath had started boiling so it definitely does work without boiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

smndly wrote: »
    we used a bunsen burner, so it doesnt boil it just heats

I put down "heat but not boil" as well, since when we did the experiment in class we didn't boil it. However my biology book says "To heat in a boiling water bath" which is slightly confusing wording so I'm not sure what the correct answer is.
    But I assume that if it is boil and a lot of people put down heat they'll give attempt marks.

Yeah thats what I put down but even though the biology book says boil the exact same exp is in our ag sceince book and it says HEAT!!

......So im right and their wrong:D

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

JSK 252 wrote: »
    The general consensus is that the short questions are harder and i would agree. You had to cop on to the fact that in the plant short question there was a water source so therefore it was hydrotropism because you would say geotropism otherwise.

This is true but if u look at d exam paper on examinations.ie u will see the water source labelled which i dont remember seein in the exam!!Guess dey will hav to accept boh.My teacher says ud be surprised by a lot of the answers they accept in the short qs anyway

leesmom wrote: »
    i said absorption for the rhizoid(X)

absorption i think is correct.its d only function we were given 4 it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Anthony16 wrote: »
    absorption i think is correct.its d only function we were given 4 it anyway

They produce enzymes which absorb the the products of extra cellular digestion

JSK 252 wrote: »
    They produce enzymes which absorb the the products of extra cellular digestion

Isnt extracellular digestion the release of enzymes from the fungus onto the food source?The Food is then digested outside fungus and digested products are absorbed?

Anthony16 wrote: »
    Isnt extracellular digestion the release of enzymes from the fungus onto the food source?The Food is then digested outside fungus and digested products are absorbed?

The '' they '' in question refers to the rhoizoid hyphae. I know where the confusion was!:pac:

damn are ye still argueing over this paper:rolleyes:

I started the thread month ago and I cant remember a single question that was in the biology!:D

Secoundrow wrote: »
    damn are ye still argueing over this paper:rolleyes:

I started the thread month ago and I cant remember a single question that was in the biology!:D

Anthony16 brought it up on a quote from moi

Advertisement