Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology Higher Level

Options
  • 10-06-2009 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

This biology lark could be a disaster i mean it totaly depends on the paper you could get an A or a E :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Leggz

totally agree. i'm repeating,got a B1 d last tym but could fail this tym,totallt depends it d paper suits me or not:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i thought it was an ok paper, tricky in places, scraped a B id say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

I don't do biology but...aren't there another two hours left in the exam?:eek:

How on earth could you have scraped a B after an hour?

had to come out earky, have to study for DCG!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

what came up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

wow and I though I was bad,Im only doing ordinary level

mink_man wrote: »
    had to come out earky, have to study for DCG!

How was two hours going to make all the difference to DCG? I mean, you've all day today and up until 2 tomorrow. I think you're after making a big mistake there buddy...

How was two hours going to make all the difference to DCG? I mean, you've all day today and up until 2 tomorrow. I think you're after making a big mistake there buddy...
    i always get A's without studyin, and i studied yesterday! i have a scribe too which makes it even quicker!

That's one fast scribe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yeah my brother's pretty good and he got out at 11.15...
    seems a little early but maybe the scribe is fast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭piggies

thought it was ok...didnt have a choice in the long questions though, had to do genetics, respiration, ecology and the Q14 on fungi and menstruation etc..

didnt study the eye or veg propogation or the heart in much detail..knew EVERYTHING else ha typical!

What else came up Piggies?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

three hours is far too long for the paper, I left at 11.35 and answered all the long question

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Polarity

I had no clue in section B but the rest was grand. Considering I only started studying last night I was very happy!

Edit: Also, LOL @ question 11b. My little brother coulda answered that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭piggies

jen_23 wrote: »
    What else came up Piggies?

em short q's..food, plant responses, mitosis, genetic engineering, ecology.

experiments were the digestive activity during germination, transverse section of a dicot stem and the immobilisation of enzymes! (messed that one up completely even thought i knew it just got confused!!)

no more biology EVER AGAIN!

im dying for a drink tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That fox question was amazing!

I actually found section A really tricky... the rest was grand though. Hopefully I'll get my C

Thanks Piggie!
    That fox question was amazing!
    So food web/chain came up? Did you find it okay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Dicot stem came up, knew it all apart from what exactly dicotyledonous really meant :/ Just mindlessly learned off the expt without any background. Other than that it was okay.

Fox question was sound, nothing really bio based for 30 marks :S
    "Wheely bins are difficult to manage as foxes lack opposable thumbs"
    was tempting but I just went for a more subtle "they may not be able to knock them over to get the lid open" lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

my god that went horrifically for me
    im a high b/low a student and now i think i may have failed that
    i need a d3 in a science for my course and im only aiming for a pass in chemistry
    hopefully i passed....maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

That went awful for me

Was NOT expeting to see the eye :eek:....

Hoping for a B, lucky if i got a D :(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

thought that went really well :D
    did all but the last long question and all three experiments and was still out early.
    three hours really is way too long for the paper.

couldn't get the short question with the bone but i think the rest were pretty ok, thankfully they only count 5 outta 6 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

Decent enough exam considering i was dreading it the most.

Hopefully i got a B3 or somethin near it.

Couldnt remember some of the experiment stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 robdrog

Thought section A was difficult, foxes question was fantastic, struggled through section C but was ok, Section B was fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

I used every second of that exam, do you know why?, because I'm not an idiot. I can see the value of an hour when you put it up against the two months before the results and the 50 plus years after it.

Anybody who left early is either deluded or a biology teacher redoing their leaving cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

TheManWho wrote: »
    I used every second of that exam, do you know why?, because I'm not an idiot. I can see the value of an hour when you put it up against the two months before the results and the 50 plus years after it.

Anybody who left early is either deluded or a biology teacher redoing their leaving cert.

Anger management issues much? D: Not everyone is relying on an A1 to set the next 50 years of their lives, get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

mink_man wrote: »
    i always get A's without studyin, and i studied yesterday! i have a scribe too which makes it even quicker!
    Do you have a scribe for DCG aswell ?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭smndly

The diagrams were a joke. The two letter V's in the eye were pointing at different things which stopped me from doing that question. And the arrows of the blood vessels in the section of the lung were barely distinguishable. Poor paper in comparison to previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

TheManWho wrote: »

Or maybe you're just a slow writer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Ecology - The Biology reading comprehension was very lol :D

Advertisement