Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology Higher Level

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Piss and wheelie bins, lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

three hours is far too long for the paper, I left at 11.35 and answered all the long question

seriously dont no how ye were out so early I finshed my 4th Q section C at 12:28 exactly and I was Writing non stop the whole time????

Suppose I put down a lot of irrelevent Sh!t ah well F**k it

Its over now!
    not the worst paper but pickin a handy 4th long question waz kinda hard i did Q10 , 11 , 14 Fugi nd menstration , nd the hearth one(this waz my dodgy 4th!):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Ugh, no idea if I done well or bad. Hate this feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

smndly wrote: »
    The diagrams were a joke. The two letter V's in the eye were pointing at different things which stopped me from doing that question. And the arrows of the blood vessels in the section of the lung were barely distinguishable. Poor paper in comparison to previous years.

Was hard to see where the lines were meant to be pointing, I agree, couldnt see the difference in two of the lines in the lung thing either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Secoundrow wrote: »
    seriously dont no how ye were out so early I finshed my 4th Q section C at 12:28 exactly and I was Writing non stop the whole time????

Suppose I put down a lot of irrelevent stuff ah well F**k it

Its over now!
    not the worst paper but pickin a handy 4th long question waz kinda hard i did Q10 , 11 , 14 Fugi nd menstration , nd the hearth one(this waz my dodgy 4th!):rolleyes:

..Yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

piggies wrote: »
    thought it was ok...didnt have a choice in the long questions though, had to do genetics, respiration, ecology and the Q14 on fungi and menstruation etc..

didnt study the eye or veg propogation or the heart in much detail..knew EVERYTHING else ha typical!

Ha ye I was the same!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

amazing paper, loovved it!!!! nothing on plants really apart from veg prop and photosynthesis. couldnt have asked for a better paper, although that diagram on the eye was ridicoulous was going to do it as an extra ques but the diagram was very unclear i thought, didnt have time to do it in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Polarity wrote: »
    I had no clue in section B but the rest was grand. Considering I only started studying last night I was very happy!

Edit: Also, LOL @ question 11b. My little brother coulda answered that. :D

Same here read through 2 150page notes copys from the last 2 years las nite:L

Yeah that waz stupid easy:D i mean answers were in the paragraph we got somtin like that in priamary skul

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

What was the evolution question like guys?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

hope everyone got on alright. was a nice paper but the short q's caught me out.

• Advertisement

Ugh, no idea if I done well or bad. Hate this feeling.

Ha ye I'm the same... Came out thinkin I did real well... Now not so sure... Messed up sec B... Section A was easy enuf... Sec C Q1,2,3 where easy for me but then couldn't anyother one bar the fungi bit in Q14 as I didn't know any of it... So I'm not sure what grade I'll get.

French and Bus I have the same feelin...:mad::(:):confused:

jen_23 wrote: »

It was something like: "Why are inherited variations important for evolution?"

It was mixed in with Genetics

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

jen_23 wrote: »
    It was OK.

Also just wait until it gets put up an examinations.ie later and you can see the paper for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

That was such a bad paper compared to previous years!!

Section A's were doable but seemed more difficult than in previous years.
    To be fair, Section B was simple and i had it finished in no time.

It was really the C's that annoyed me. Like how much are you supposed to write for a 'note' on something? i know the ecology was ridiculously straight forward but each other question seemed badly planned.

Biology is the one subject I was really hoping to do well in.......bye bye A1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Purple Funk

Thought it was a very achievable paper. Will be very surprised if I don't get an A1, a sentiment many others share too.

Rob! wrote: »

It was really the C's that annoyed me. Like how much are you supposed to write for a 'note' on something? i know the ecology was ridiculously straight forward but each other question seemed badly planned.

I thought it was simple compared to previous years... OK the note q was dodgy but overall I thought it was "easy" compared to other years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Elli-May

There's so much time...I did every question on the paper and still had time to look over everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Fail number two. Looks like I'm not going to college :pac:

you speak my thoughts exactly. what the exam lacked in info it had in slyness. i'm still positive i've got my B1 but not without some contemplation. don't worry about it man it's over and done with now and worrying from now until August isn't going to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

I honestly dont know if I did good or bad, should have passed anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

It went pretty well. The paper was fair. There was nothing tricky which was good. The fox was a load of bollox really though. I don't get why they put those questions up every year, it's just a comprehension. I'm not complaining though. Also, people should've done more questions if they had extra time! I did an extra experiment and section C. Still had loads of time at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

celtic723 wrote: »
    you speak my thoughts exactly. what the exam lacked in info it had in slyness. i'm still positive i've got my B1 but not without some contemplation. don't worry about it man it's over and done with now and worrying from now until August isn't going to help.

I'm in the exact same boat with regard to the B1. And thanks.....ya its done and over with now so i'm not gonna worry.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

i did all the questions apart from genetics cant understand why people leave early without attempting everything

I'm in the exact same boat with regard to the B1. And thanks.....ya its done and over with now so i'm not gonna worry.......:rolleyes:

might be pushing the boat out here but there seems to be a hint of i'm still annoyed in that post.:D:pac::pac:...i was looking for an A1 also and who knows we both might just scrape it. world works in mysterious ways man,so you just never know.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

leesmom wrote: »
    i did all the questions apart from genetics cant understand why people leave early without attempting everything
    I answered everything I could (Properly), re checked my test and still had over an hour to spare. With biology you're either right or wrong, so I can fly through the exams. It's not like History, English etc where I think "Oh maybe there's an extra point I'm forgetting".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I thought it was tough.

I hadn't a notion how to do any of section B and just did as much as sections A and C as I could. Hopefully I'll do alright, though I'm not overly optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭daithiolabhrai

That was a fine paper for me.

Section A was a bit tricky but still very accessible.

Section B was grand! I looked over my experiments this morning so I was sorted for that no matter what

Section C was probably the best. The questions were perfect for what I had studied, and I didn't even have to answer ecology!

Overall, very pleased indeed. Bring on the next exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I did fine! I thought Section A was pretty difficult, though. I could only do five of the questions (which I know is all you need to do, but I had planned on doing everything and getting marks for all the best ones). I did all three experiment Qs and five of the long Qs. Pretty confident in getting an A.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Tough enough actually, wasn't it?

Should have done alright anyway.
    ****ing knew i shouldn't have left out bones and crap. Gah!

Ecology was so funny it was easy though, and not a bad oul' genetics question either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

I know we're in a recession but seriously, what was with the diagrams they were bloody terrible! Not too bad of a paper overall.. Was lookin for an a1 but the paper didnt suit me amazingly ill probly get a B

Advertisement