Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussion Alliance

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Galvasean wrote: »
    Yeah but Megatron MkII wiped the floor with him in teh G2 comic.

Or was he even a Powermaster in that anymore? He doesn't seem to be drawn as one, but I don't recall him ever being downgraded..

Technically it was action Master Prime. PowerMaster died taking out Unicron. The body GII hammered was the rebuilt Last Autobot body.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

There was no Action Master Prime >_>

"Look at me, I'm a truck who drives a truck!"

optimusprime1c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

SDooM wrote: »
    Technically it was action Master Prime. PowerMaster died taking out Unicron. The body GII hammered was the rebuilt Last Autobot body.

Not sure about this. Fairly certain Actionmaster was just a toyline and never appeared in any comics or cartoons.

Will have to read through G2 again, but I don't think they ever mentioned that Prime and Hi-Qs minds had been seperated, so he's probably still a Powermaster, just in a new body based on his original G1 design, but with some modifications.

Not sure about this. Fairly certain Actionmaster was just a toyline and never appeared in any comics or cartoons.

Grimlock became an Action Master in the late G1 comic (after the Unicron battle). He recharged himself with an unstable new fuel source which gave him greater agility at the cost of being able to transform. By G2 he was back to transforming so I guess the Action Master is only a temporary state.

Didn't want to drag thread off topic:
    Overheal wrote: »
    These stupid TF fanbois rely on this Matrix thing wayyyyy too much. Its really gotten quite boring at this stage.

Isn't taht a bit like saying 'Hulk relies too much on strenght', 'Godzilla relies too much on size', 'Galactus relies too much on the Power Cosmic', 'Ghost Rider relies too much on soulstare', 'Darth Vader relies too much on the Force', 'Gandalf relies too much on magic' etc.?

Fight to your strenghts.

BTW: i can't see the Matrix working on Hulk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Okay all, I just want to test the waters here. The final is
    Megatron - Optimus Prime

-v-

The Crow - The Hulk

-v-

Darth Vader - Gandalf
    I know there are many people that are well versed on Transformers, but is there anyone very knowledgable on the other two teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I know quite a lot about Hulk and everyone knows about Vader!

Will have to read through G2 again, but I don't think they ever mentioned that Prime and Hi-Qs minds had been seperated, so he's probably still a Powermaster, just in a new body based on his original G1 design, but with some modifications.

The reconstituted Prime in the last few pages of the G1 comic was based on the Action Master toy. Bear in mind Furman wrote a semi- official short story which de-action mastered the action masters, which could account for the normal looking G2 Prime.

Didn't want to drag thread off topic:

Isn't taht a bit like saying 'Hulk relies too much on strenght', 'Godzilla relies too much on size', 'Galactus relies too much on the Power Cosmic', 'Ghost Rider relies too much on soulstare', 'Darth Vader relies too much on the Force', 'Gandalf relies too much on magic' etc.?

Fight to your strenghts.

BTW: i can't see the Matrix working on Hulk

I'm not a massive fan of over use of the Matrix and I was only planning to mention it in the final/ against Galactus.

Matrix mightn't work on the Hulk but even class 100 strength wont defeat anti matter...
    I know quite a lot about Hulk and everyone knows about Vader!

Dittos for me.

SDooM wrote: »
    Matrix mightn't work on the Hulk but even class 100 strength wont defeat anti matter...

Yeah but hulk is fast and Megatron can be a cock-eyed eijit by times.

Oh and another thing about the Matrix, it only seems to work when it damn well feels like it. I mean, it didn't work for Ultra Beavis! :pac:

Final will be posted tonight peeps, LZ is just working on something. Plus it'll do you no harm to use this time to think about your vote.:p:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Yeah but hulk is fast and Megatron can be a cock-eyed eijit by times.

Oh and another thing about the Matrix, it only seems to work when it damn well feels like it. I mean, it didn't work for Ultra Beavis! :pac:

ultra beavis video

that was awesome!! :D

Me and grames were talking about how some people arent happy with Prime being allowed to use the Matrix. Since its part of who he is we were thinking of taking something away from everyone.
    No crow for the Crow.
    No Force for Vader.
    No magic for Gandalf.
    No gamma radiation for Bruce Banner (ie: no Hulk)
    and just for fun Prime and Megs cant transform.

So we have...
    - a team consisting of a weedy scientist dude and a goth lad
    - a truck and an antique handgun
    - and two old men

Place your bets now! :pac:

Aye good point Galva, but I just think that with the Matrix, the fight is over before it begins. You could say that "it is what it is" and that MegaPrime are simply the fittest of the pack, but when I hear people talk about the Matrix I just picture this;

Megatron: Hey Prime, these guys are coming at us fast. What you gonna do?

Prime: Use the Matrix.

*Matrix used*

Fight over.

Another thing is that MegaPrime still have a lot of power and ability between them minus the matrix. It's not the be all and end all of them. Whereas things you have mentioned such as the Crow's bird, Banner's Gamma Radiation, and Vader's force; that IS the be all and end all of them.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Aye good point Galva, but I just think that with the Matrix, the fight is over before it begins. You could say that "it is what it is" and that MegaPrime are simply the fittest of the pack, but when I hear people talk about the Matrix I just picture this;

*Matrix used*

Fight over.

Another thing is that MegaPrime still have a lot of power and ability between them minus the matrix. It's not the be all and end all of them. Whereas things you have mentioned such as the Crow's bird, Banner's Gamma Radiation, and Vader's force; that IS the be all and end all of them.

Partially true. Optimus Prime is not Optimus Prime without the Matrix- He is optronix/ Orion Pax/ Optimus Minor or whatever. It intrinsically strengthens him. This is being forgotten, too.

*Matrix used*

Fight over.

I see what you mean, but it's not Prime's fault he was gifted with such an awesome toy.
    Interestingly it is technically the be all and end all with him, considering before he was given the Matrix he wasn't even Optimus Prime. He was a gentle robot named Orion Pax who worked in a warehouse and hung out with his girlfriend Ariel. The Matrix completely changed him. No Matrix, no Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

But the argument in the ofer thread is that he would not use the WMD side of the matrix unless it's Armageddon.

Anyway, it's perfectly viable for the robots to win without a full on matrix attack, as pointed out in my version of the story. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,176 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Say who would win:

Heaven-Piercing Gurren Lagann

or

Optimus Prime

?

You can ignore the good/evil thing.

Say who would win:

Heaven-Piercing Gurren Lagann

or

Optimus Prime

?

You can ignore the good/evil thing.

No idea, I haven't seen Gurren Lagen. It's on my to do list as it looks pretty win.

*shock*

To the internet with you! I banish you from this place until it is done!

• Advertisement

If it means anything to you I'd say the Saint of Killers could beat Prime.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

If it means anything to you I'd say the Saint of Killers could beat Prime.
    Characters like him and (to a point) Sixshot, break these kinds of games :(

Rhyme wrote: »

This is why we should have a "cosmic" league in the next thread so they can play together in their own corner.

If I had made that Iron Man battle simply between War Machine Iron Man and Starscream, do you think the outcome would have changed or the battle at least tighter?

Rhyme wrote: »

Thankfully no-one knew who Saint of Killers was in the last game so he got knocked out early enough. However it's more difficult now because you have to give a reason. If we didn't have to give reasons, I think arguably all three of the competitors in this final could have been knocked out due to them coming up against popular teams.

If I had made that Iron Man battle simply between War Machine Iron Man and Starscream, do you think the outcome would have changed or the battle at least tighter?

Hm.

I think Iron man and War machine could probably take down screamer together, yeah.

Thankfully no-one knew who Saint of Killers was in the last game so he got knocked out early enough. However it's more difficult now because you have to give a reason. If we didn't have to give reasons, I think arguably all three of the competitors in this final could have been knocked out due to them coming up against popular teams.

I guess the choice is do you want the in depth discussion (which is clearly keeping the masses from voting) or if you want a popularity contest in the next one.

We need some off the wall stupid battles. Yeah we need our Predator vs Batmans but what about Jean Luc Picard vs. James T Kirk?

:D

I'd say Iron Man and War machine could kick Starscream's a$$. But the battle wasn't two against one. It was two against three. So quit complainin.

• Advertisement

im not. im just wondering. what i was aiming for was a tight battle so i am trying to suss what the tightest one would have been.

Heck maybe i should have just left Iron Man to do it by himself then :pac:

Advertisement