Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussion Alliance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Some of the late additions are a bit more powerful than the usual competitors. I'm really looking forward to Bateman-Bates versus MegaPrime, Iron Galcatus, or Neohattan though. That should be an awesome fight. Hope I don't blink and miss it.;)

Heh, to give Batesman any chance I think I'm going to have a stipulation whereby they have been able to prepare for the battle using Bateman's unlimited cash.:pac:
    SDooM wrote: »
    I actually think there should be divisions in the next one. Voltron vs Optimus would be something I'd mark for.

Sounds good and probably less messier than what I was thinking of doing.
    Optimus can beat Galactus by opening his chest. He's got a kinda jedi "only the necessary power needed" thing going on. He can't really use the Matrix to, like, open a tin of beans.

So he can kill Galactus but still be hurt by normal fire.

Ha ha words fail me.:P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

So divisions would be something like:
    1.Human
    2.Meta/Super human
    3.Holy Jeebus
    4.Head between legs, kiss yo ass goodbye.

I was thinking

1) Human
    2) Meta
    3) Heavyweight (Giant robot/Lizard etc)
    4) Super heavyweight (cosmic powered being/ starships)

,,, so pretty much the same :D

It also means LZ could ask "experts" to help out with the match ups to keep them fair.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I was thinking

1) Human
    2) Meta
    3) Heavyweight (Giant robot/Lizard etc)
    4) Super heavyweight (cosmic powered being/ starships)

,,, so pretty much the same :D

It also means LZ could ask "experts" to help out with the match ups to keep them fair.
    Define "experts"

Define "experts"

People who know their shit basically, in order to help me not make any mistakes. For instance had DooM been an advisor this time around I probably wouldn't have effed up the Borg/Megaprime battle. I probably would have found a way though.:pac:

Same deal with Galactus, people who are well versed in comics and the like would be advisors.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    People who know their shit basically, in order to help me not make any mistakes. For instance had DooM been an advisor this time around I probably wouldn't have effed up the Borg/Megaprime battle. I probably would have found a way though.:pac:

Same deal with Galactus, people who are well versed in comics and the like would be advisors.

You didn't eff it up per se. If the battle were "borg vs transformers", transformers would win every time. But there's not much to discuss there.

Similarly, there wouldn't be much point in having the Borg (as in all of them) vs Prime and Megs alone. There's no fight there.

I would have gone Prime and Megs against a crashed Borg ship on a random planet, for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I actually think there should be divisions in the next one. Voltron vs Optimus would be something I'd mark for.

Voltron vs Power Rangers surely.

The original against the rip off.

You didn't eff it up per se. If the battle were "borg vs transformers", transformers would win every time. But there's not much to discuss there.

Similarly, there wouldn't be much point in having the Borg (as in all of them) vs Prime and Megs alone. There's no fight there.

I would have gone Prime and Megs against a crashed Borg ship on a random planet, for example.

Ah but I had to shape it in a way that made sense for Megatron and Optimus Prime to join forces. My feeble brain could only think of a mass assault on Earth by the Borg led by Sylar.:pac:

Ah but I had to shape it in a way that made sense for Megatron and Optimus Prime to join forces. My feeble brain could only think of a mass assault on Earth by the Borg led by Sylar.:pac:

Megs will often side with Prime when his survival depends on it. D'you think think thats any old gun Prime is using in my sig? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I'm very good with comics, and the classic horror monsters.

I'm pretty good with comics too, and also with western giant robots :)

I'd need someone on the sentai/ super robot side of things though.

• Advertisement

Megs will often side with Prime when his survival depends on it. D'you think think thats any old gun Prime is using in my sig? :)

Oh what is it?:D Can't be Megatron.

I'll be holding both you and DooM to your word next time around.:D

I'll be holding both you and DooM to your word next time around.:D
    I'll be waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I knows stuff too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

People are complaining about overpowered characters? We has the Saint of Killers before!!! This is a guy who can't miss a shot with his gun, and his bullets always kill. He killed God for crying out loud!

But hey, to quote Starscream, "Everyone has a weaknes..." Sure Optimus Prime could defeat Galactus by using the Matrix but it would be useless against the Hulk who would just smash him. Then of course the Hulk would'nt stand a chance against Galactus so we have a vicious circle. Its all luck of the draw really. To my knowledge no one was/is a cert uber-conqueror.

Also. I was half hoping the MegaPrime v SyrusBorg match would be redone. The taught of Prime using the Allspark to create an army of transforming cubes to Crush poor Sylar would be to funny! :D

Galvasean wrote: »
    Also. I was half hoping the MegaPrime v SyrusBorg match would be redone. The taught of Prime using the Allspark to create an army of transforming cubes to Crush poor Sylar would be to funny! :D

It all caught me off guard, I wasn't expecting unrest when I woke up this morning. So I made a snap decision, I asked myself if I did this battle over with simply Megaprime and Optimus prime against Sylar and one Borg Sphere of Cube, would the result be any different? I'm willing to say no.

Or even in some bizarre circumstance where the Borg and Sylar won the rematch, I would of had unrest to deal with among the other side. So in order to avoid further unrest upon the inevitable result, I decided to give the Borg a fair chance against another team that was hard done by.

It all caught me off guard, I wasn't expecting unrest when I woke up this morning. So I made a snap decision, I asked myself if I did this battle over with simply Megaprime and Optimus prime against Sylar and one Borg Sphere of Cube, would the result be any different? I'm willing to say no.

Or even in some bizarre circumstance where the Borg and Sylar won the rematch, I would of had unrest to deal with among the other side. So in order to avoid further unrest upon the inevitable result, I decided to give the Borg a fair chance against another team that was hard done by.
    Least you didn't throw Sylar and the Borg up against Ash-Wolf. That would have been awful.

Least you didn't throw Sylar and the Borg up against Ash-Wolf. That would have been awful.

Under ye olde rules Ash would have had the army of dead. :D

Under ye olde rules Ash would have had the army of dead. :D
    Army of dead versus cyborg drones. Tough call

Cyborg drones. They have phasers which can vaporise from space

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Oh yeah, I saw a Fantastic Four cartoon where Ghost Rider defeated Galactus. He used the 'soulstare' technique on him, rendering him a babbling incoherent mess. I suppose hearing the cries of the 'billion-billion'* (as Ghost rider put it) would do that.

*Apparently thats how many lives Galactus has ended, a billion-billion. Anyone fancy putting that into zeros?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Galvasean wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I saw a Fantastic Four cartoon where Ghost Rider defeated Galactus. He used the 'soulstare' technique on him, rendering him a babbling incoherent mess. I suppose hearing the cries of the 'billion-billion'* (as Ghost rider put it) would do that.

*Apparently thats how many lives Galactus has ended, a billion-billion. Anyone fancy putting that into zeros?
    :)
    a billion billion

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    :)
    a billion billion

Or a quintillion if you will

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Pter wrote: »
    Or a quintillion if you will
    ah thats what it is! I was going to say one thousand quadrillions :P

***********Quarter Final***********

Wolverine - Carnage -v- Han Solo - V

Doctor Who - The Invisible Man -v- Superman - Predator

Patrick Bateman - Norman Bates -v- Darth Vader - Gandalf

Megatron - Optimus Prime -v- Ghost Rider - King Kong

Iron Man - Galactus -v- Spider-Man - Godzilla

The Crow - The Hulk -v- Buffy Summers - Jack Bauer

**********Semi-Final Brackets**********

1)

Wolverine - Carnage or Han Solo - V

-v-

The Crow - The Hulk or Buffy Summers - Jack Bauer

2)

Doctor Who - The Invisible Man or Superman - Predator

-v-

Patrick Bateman - Norman Bates or Darth Vader - Gandalf

3)

Megatron - Optimus Prime or Ghost Rider - King Kong

-v-

Iron Man - Galactus or Spider-Man - Godzilla

********Final*********

Triple Threat Match

Ah balls. Although there are no easy matches at this stage

Supes ftw

Ah balls. Although there are no easy matches at this stage

Supes ftw
    If megaprime don't win the next match, Galactus wins the tournament.

Thankfully I reckon they will. Primes pure as the driven snow and Kongs not good with guns.

That imo, is balderdash

Do i really have to go drag up a list of heroes that have defeated Galactus?

That imo, is balderdash

Do i really have to go drag up a list of heroes that have defeated Galactus?

I don't see any of the others here (excpet maybe Supes, and perhaps if there was no physical element, the Doctor)would logically, in a fair fight, defeat Galactus.

We would be such good friends if the doctor and supes were on the same team

iirc Dr. Strange defeated Galactus, so i would give a magic/might combo a good shout --->Crow/Hulk

• Advertisement

We would be such good friends if the doctor and supes were on the same team

to be fair, there'd pretty much be no tournament if the Doctor and Supes were on the same team. :)

Advertisement