Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussion Alliance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

We all know that's balls, Batman and Superman would have been the unstoppable force!:mad::P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

True...if Batman were the Doctor

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Pter wrote: »
    True...if Batman were the Doctor

Tell me again... who was that beat Batman? :D

For the record, Superman would easily have the Doc. It's the fact that Bats has no powers and his usual advantages are also the advantages of the Doc that made me vote for the Gallifreyan. I still believed justice prevailed.

I just think that Venom and his shapeshifting ability were criminally ignored.:(

And i think the sonic screwdriver was over hyped. Seriously, one quick throw of a baterang and Venom is in the game

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I just think that Venom and his shapeshifting ability were criminally ignored.:(

They weren't, I countered with a "The Doctor is prescient and psychic" argument. :)

And i think the sonic screwdriver was over hyped. Seriously, one quick throw of a baterang and Venom is in the game

Too true! The Batman could have gone ninja on Doctor Who and struck the sonic screwdriver out of his hand before he knew what hit him.
    SDooM wrote: »
    They weren't, I countered with a "The Doctor is prescient and psychic" argument. :)

Is there anything the Doctor can't counter?:mad::p

thats relying on Bats being a more skilled martial artist than the Doc, which as several people were pointing out is no sure thing.
    Too true! The Batman could have gone ninja on Doctor Who and struck the sonic screwdriver out of his hand before he knew what hit him.

Is there anything the Doctor can't counter?:mad::p

The Doctor is only slightly superhumanly strong. Against someone like Superman, he has no chance- UNLESS he has time to prepare.

look, im not going to watch every ep of Doctor who to find out exactly how many times, but that screwdrivers gets knocked out of his hands alot.

look, im not going to watch every ep of Doctor who to find out exactly how many times, but that screwdrivers gets knocked out of his hands alot.

How many times has Batman had a sudden fugue state remembering his parents mid combat?

I'd reckon just as much. Using that argument, both this extremely competent characters become...well... not.

• Advertisement

I would say there is a smaller ratio for Bats.

I would say there is a smaller ratio for Bats.

Doesn't really change my point though.

It's like saying in a superman fight that his enemies will find kryptonite because there's a disproportionate amount of kryptonite found in Superman comics for something which is supposed to be very rare. It's a storytelling device which relies on suspension of disbelief- just like Batman's obsessions getting in the way, and the Doc losing his tool which can solve most problems.

ok fine...so while the bats is having a break down and the doctor is looking on wondering what the hell is going on, venom (black web stuff)'s the doctor and goes to town on him.

ok fine...so while the bats is having a break down and the doctor is looking on wondering what the hell is going on, venom (black web stuff)'s the doctor and goes to town on him.

Meanwhile the invisible man picks up the screw driver, Murderises venom, then beats the cack out of crybaby Batman. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Meanwhile the invisible man picks up the screw driver, Murderises venom, then beats the cack out of crybaby Batman. :D
    I wondered when someone would remember the Doctor's partner would still be able to play a role. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I don't see any of the others here (excpet maybe Supes, and perhaps if there was no physical element, the Doctor)would logically, in a fair fight, defeat Galactus.

*ahem*

GHOST RIDER!!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

How exactly does Ghost Rider defeat Galactus? The Penance Stare would be of no use as Galacus embodies a primal force of the Universe therefore there is nothing for him to be remorseful about.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

How exactly does Ghost Rider defeat Galactus? The Penance Stare would be of no use as Galacus embodies a primal force of the Universe therefore there is nothing for him to be remorseful about.

It can work and has worked on Galactus.
    Proof:

Galvasean wrote: »
    It can work and has worked on Galactus.
    Proof:
    Something tells me that's not canon.

It's getting depressing seeing all of these battles take 24 hours.:pac:

• Advertisement

Surely it's better than 8-0 victories where people just vote for no reason? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82,087 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well excuse me for pitching a tought to call battle :)

Next up: Robocop on a Unicorn vs. Megaman and Rush!

mega-rush.jpg
    robo8.jpg?1241550239

Unicorn sparkles over the whole tournament and wins yayayayayayay

Surely it's better than 8-0 victories where people just vote for no reason? :D

I suppose.:pac:
    Overheal wrote: »
    Well excuse me for pitching a tought to call battle :)

It's not just the battle you posted, it's been like this for a good week now, so no offence was intended.:p

I think it started when I went d20 on Superman actually. The Arena thing helped too.

WHUH??

EDIT: Oddly enough i remembered what you were talking about as i looked at the link in the other thread :pac:

I don't see why the introduction of arenas would make people decide not to vote. All the arenas do is give the battles a setting. That's it.

Why was the Ultimate Showdown so much more popular in terms of voters then i wonder

Less discussion meant people were not scared off as easily. Im with Doom though. More discussion ftw.

Plus there were fewer voters before the intro of the arenas methinks.

• Advertisement

Pretty much it (the having to give a reason) as to why this one is less popular than the previous ones. I'm a bit uncomfortable with people possibly feeling excluded but alas, I had to do something to keep it fresh.

Advertisement