Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O-x-e-g-e-n (yes we can talk about this again)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Corkfeen wrote: »
    The amount of people I heard going on about their pills was as annoying as fawk. Fair enough with weed tbh but pills are just messed up imho. Friend actually came across a person doing cocaine in their tent.
    I was accused of being on something at numerous occasions but I was just sobre and not high. I guess I understand how unusual that looks there :D

I was offered a lot of shít, but I really just dont think Oxegen is the place to try anything for the first time.

The guy I know (a friend of a friend) had some obscene number of pills on him and a fúck load of weed too, and just strolled around them campsite like nothing was odd. Then other guys I know who had nothing at all (And were completely sober at the time) got full on strip searched. Bit of consistency would be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

camero wrote: »
    ya it was a great weak end with more do you went music gf and geting interviewed from mtv :D:D:D:D and backstage
    and you've no idea who they thought you were?

I need pics lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

Fad wrote: »
    I was offered a lot of shít, but I really just dont think Oxegen is the place to try anything for the first time.

The guy I know (a friend of a friend) had some obscene number of pills on him and a fúck load of weed too, and just strolled around them campsite like nothing was odd. Then other guys I know who had nothing at all (And were completely sober at the time) got full on strip searched. Bit of consistency would be lovely.
    ya only had about 10 to 15 drinks all weakend some where drinking like fish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

phasers wrote: »
    and you've no idea who they thought you were?

I need pics lol
    i don't no to
    all i had on me was a pair on male skinny jeans which were in my boots
    http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/images/product/320452/3204527020_lg.jpg
    there my boots for the weakend
    nice jumper
    i looked a bit like this guy at the weakend
    http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:fBJOz3Kee-86rM:http://i8.tinypic.com/867u1le.jpg
    but with a bread
    they guy from panic at the disco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Ya the people I was with seemed to be extremely out of it. Had to put few people into sleeping bag each night. Bloody annoying.

• Advertisement

Oxegen '06 was pretty funny. There was this guy standing in the middle of a huge puddle, it was so big people had to walk around it. Anyway, he was standing in the middle, hundreds of people walking either side of him, and what's he wearing? A cowboy hat-thingy with a pretty big bush of weed on the top of it, and he was just shouting out "get your weeeeed here". Show's how many guards were present in '06.

'06 was a good year with the whole riots thing. Nobody could sleep on Sunday night with all of the wine-bottle throwing (glass bottles were allowed that year), and with the fires everywhere. Our tent was almost set on fire 2 or 3 times, with us in it and all (people were going up to the outside of it and spraying it with Lynx and throwing matches on it).

The funniest thing was waking up on Monday morning to a Gardai helicopter flying overhead and Garda riot vans driving around with fire-brigades quenching the (literally) hundreds of fires. Oh, and the people pulling down the watch tower, couldn't forget that.

Oxegen isn't as wild as it used to be.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Anyone else almost die during pendulum? I was pulled under and almost trampled to death, fari ****s to everyone around though, as soon as they saw someone fall they made a protective barrier and pulled them up asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

camero wrote: »
    anyway was asked for my autograff about 300 times dont no why remanber do not go looking like you are in a band ok.
    got a interview of mtv by your one asking me about my music ?????? still dont no why i got asked this anyway lied my ass off so might see me on mtv soon got to go back stage as will great back there .
    i had a pear of rayband avaters on me with a nice jumper male skinny jeans and http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/mens_main_frameset.asp those boots and a nice hair style i must have looked like a vip anyway
    I normally dont question a lot but I smell somethin pretty bad here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I could swear that girl on the ground in that picture is me, only I know I was at home all weekend :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

timmywex wrote: »
    So,

Who's going to o-x-e-g-e-n this summer for a massive piss up after the leaving cert!?! I know ill be there with creepily large amounts of drink and plan on not becoming sober for 3 days! :D

Filters not updated to let us just say ****** yet :cool:

Are you not an EMT? Are you a little old to be doing this sort of thing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Just home, best weekend ever!!! No idea how the fcuk i got sunburned in all the rain, but how and ever....could well be worse!

/falls asleep on desk

(lady gaga is seriously on drugs of some sort)

You're ginger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Piste wrote: »
    I could swear that girl on the ground in that picture is me, only I know I was at home all weekend :confused:

i have a few more from back stage but it would unprofessional to post them. Even ones of peeps rolling around in the mud. Every pic has 1000s of people cheering and shouting . energy even in the rain was unreal.

great weekend. 46 hours of loading trucks and taking abuse from other crew.

stage manager was one of the most profesional people I have ever worked with.

money made, fun had, happy punters, worn out = perfect weekend.

roll on oxygen 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I miss oxegen :( this is my second year in a row not going, I'm totes there next year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Amazing weekend, got there Thursday evening and left at 5.30 this morning, had a ball!

Only odd thing that happened was when I went to go to buy cigs, the chap in the shop told me to take off my sunglasses?!?! Quite odd I thought, granted I was seriously drunk but its fairly obvious I'm over 18!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ricky91t wrote: »
    You're ginger.
    ... and then some!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ricky91t wrote: »
    You're ginger.

Tis totally auburn....or should that be Iburn... :pac::o

>_>

<_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Tis totally auburn....or should that be Iburn... :pac::o

>_>

<_<

Winter blonde :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Winter blonde :p

More like summer blonde! Mixture of length + gel make it darker, and it's not exactly bright to start with...but... Me fecking fringe has turned blonde over the last while :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

hopefully its true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

More like summer blonde! Mixture of length + gel make it darker, and it's not exactly bright to start with...but... Me fecking fringe has turned blonde over the last while :eek:

have u been prayin??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 biezo57

i cant say im a fan of that hair
    i like it simple

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

mink_man wrote: »
    have u been prayin??
    Haha! :D

I can safely assure you that's the one thing you'll never find him doing! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

phasers wrote: »
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds were so good, and the crowd was ridiculuously tiny because the stupid Kings of Stupid Leon were on at the same time.

How long were they on for? Good setlist? When I saw them in Germany last month I was kinda disappointed at no Jesus of the Moon or Lie Down Here but it was still a brilliant experience (despite acquiring a headache in the middle of the set, the noise was THAT loud :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Bruno trailer just for oxegen was brilliant too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Apart from my friend breaking his ankle in 5 places and getting rushed to Tallaght hospital on Saturday night I had a great weekend.

2 Many DJs were probably the best act I saw. Played a great set and the visuals were amazing. Afterwards I managed to get backstage to meet them, then I watched the end of Blur with the bassist from Soulwax. Met two of my mates there and he invited us all back onto the Soulwax/2 Many DJs tour bus! Was definitely the highlight of my weekend, they gave us all free beer and they are seriously some of the nicest guys I have ever met.

Really enjoyed Crookers too, the lap dancers on stage with them added to the enjoyment ;)

Bloody Beetroots and MSTRKRFT back to back were amazing, great sets from both of them.

Felix Da Housecat - I was planning to go to NIN but I'm so glad I didn't! He was absolutely amazing and the atmosphere in the Dance Arena was something else. Easily the best act I saw after 2 Many DJs.

Tiga - really good set but the Dance Arena was half empty for him, was on my own for most of him too.

Also really enjoyed Boys Noize, Digitalism, Japanese Popstars and what little bit i saw of Swedish House Mafia.

Calvin Harris and Pendulum were also surprisingly good.

Overall a great weekend, but not as good as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

How were Pendulum "surprisingly good"? Anyone i talked to on friday said that Pendulum was going to be the highlight of their day.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Pendulum was just insane. I was looking forward to them most out of all the bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

How were Pendulum "surprisingly good"? Anyone i talked to on friday said that Pendulum was going to be the highlight of their day.

Probably because that person wasn't expecting them to be good?

Anyway, I had a great time watching the bands - M83 being the best - but had a **** time in the campsite. People get too drunk :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Well I guess I wasn't one of those people... I'm not that big into them and their last gigs I was at in the RDS and Andrew's Lane were pretty average. So I wasn't expecting them to be that good at Oxegen, but I was pleasantly surprised as it was great fun.
    Futurism wrote: »
    Exactly, was just giving my opinion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Futurism wrote: »

Anyway, I had a great time watching the bands - M83 being the best - but had a **** time in the campsite. People get too drunk :(

Oh agree totally with the campsite being mad. The fellas and girls wer so drunk n high on drugs u just couldnt do anything. We stayed up all night Sunday trying to mind our tents and to stop people jumping on/ pissing on/ our tent and robbing stuff. Dangerous b**tards :rolleyes:

Advertisement