Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I should have left the credit card at home" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

This time for the missus. It was a deal we couldn't refuse

Aaargh barstewards, they've cancelled the order. No more 2015 XS in stock ANYWHERE.

and 2016 version is both 200gbp dearer and 2x uglier.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

@ Alek, I know Base2Race had the 2014 version of that bike in stock not too long ago, my wife's sister bought one. Was cheaper than the 2015 model too, not sure what sizes they would have left though.

Cheers I'll give them a call.

[edit]

No luck. Only 2016 models.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

So much for calling the new offtopic thread "Alek's Missing Kidney Blackmarket".

No more 2015 XS in stock ANYWHERE.

After checking every single link in 20 pages of Google search results, calling stores and confirming over email, I came across a shop that has one (for real!) and is willing to ship to Dublin at reasonable (well...) cost.

Over 100e more expensive, but my babe is going to get it.

f83dcc5f3fbc0c1f.jpg?redirected=true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Ordered up some new overshoes and back lights from Rose. Winter is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭g0g

WP_20151014_004.jpg
    And yes, I'm aware my neighbour's is bigger! But his is only half-painted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

ye cant beat a good oul shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

Picked up a pair of these at the weekend :)

mavic-cosmic-ultimate-road-shoe_98b62185-36ec-4628-8cb1-26f0fac77d3a_1024x1024.jpg?v=1426518229

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

dancrowley wrote: »
    Picked up a pair of these at the weekend :)
    Someone in our club bought those. Very nice, but I think he got a few "who peed on your shoes" comments. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

New steed added to the family, unfortunately not for me though!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

christmas present to myself

2vcu6te.jpg

A birthday present to myself

2435nbp.jpg

It has been long overdue but i have finally got a "new" frame on its way to me. I had to drop put of a race a few weeks back and make some temp changes to a wheel in order to race on the old 2008 Cayo ive ridden to death. Rear wheel leans towards the inside of the non-drive chain stay when clamped on so it was time to retuire it to winter training only! Fingers crossed this arrives before Gorey! Now to get a compatible BB to suit the Rotor crank!
    Cannondale SuperSix Evo Hi-Mod Team frame (2014/2015)
    http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.coresites.factorymedia.com%2Frcuk%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F08%2F6-IMG_3365-620x413.jpg

Bought from Paul Cycles for about 1/3 of the original RRP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Plastik

Beaut. And great price. I was admiring both those and a few CAAD10 frames over the last week or two.

Id been waiting on payday for weeks to clear the CC and was praying that it would still be in stock! I know some have issues with BB30 but i reckon ill risk it at the price i got it (about €1070). I have everything else except the BB on other bikes so it has been a cheaper alternative to the Canyon Aeroad that i had been eyeing up! I will have to go to 4000s 23's though as i understand there are clearance issues with the 25s (which i understand actually measure about 28 once inflated!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

presumably that's a bb30 being cannondale, is your rotor a 24mm? if so and you are stuck i've a spare Rotor BB30 to 24 adapter at home, you're welcome to take for now and replace, got a warranty return on one and had bought a replacement in the meantime so keeping this as backup .

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pedro_colnago

Bambaata wrote: »
    It has been long overdue but i have finally got a "new" frame on its way to me. I had to drop put of a race a few weeks back and make some temp changes to a wheel in order to race on the old 2008 Cayo ive ridden to death. Rear wheel leans towards the inside of the non-drive chain stay when clamped on so it was time to retuire it to winter training only! Fingers crossed this arrives before Gorey! Now to get a compatible BB to suit the Rotor crank!
    http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.coresites.factorymedia.com%2Frcuk%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F08%2F6-IMG_3365-620x413.jpg

Beautiful!!! Thank god there isn't any in size 54 tho, Id be tormented!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Can i ask how you got it delivered, they have some great prices on that website but postage is very dear to Ireland. Over €100 for frame delivery is pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Alanbt

That is a tasty frame.

I got a big discount on a Synapse Hi-Mod disc frameset on Evans today (grey frame £999). Wasn't even looking to buy a frame, saw that a week ago, spent several days trying to talk myself out of it, then gave up and pulled the trigger. Might be a while til I can afford the kit to do it justice though! €30 delivery btw
    The disc experiment begins

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

new Kask lid in club colours - old one was about 7 years old - it looks fine but seemed like a good enough reason as any to buy something new

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    new Kask lid in club colours - old one was about 7 years old - it looks fine but seemed like a good enough reason as any to buy something new

I found out recently helmet do have a shelf life, there should be a stamping on the foam.
    Like you i thought they were good once they didn't take a knock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

stecleary wrote: »
    I found out recently helmet do have a shelf life, there should be a stamoing on the foam.
    Like you i thought they were good once they didn't take a knock

??? Care to elaborate???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    ??? Care to elaborate???

See the section written by MET, the helmet manufacturer

http://www.bhsi.org/replace.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

??? Care to elaborate???

Tony B told us recently that helmets should be replaced every 5 years. (i think, maybe shorter) will double check with him

stecleary wrote: »
    Tony B told us recently that helmets should be replaced every 5 years. (i think, maybe shorter) will double check with him

Ah he probably was just looking for a few sales. Numbers are down this year!

See the section written by MET, the helmet manufacturer

http://www.bhsi.org/replace.htm

Nothing there related solely to age (other than the 1970s gladiatorial type). So it's only impact, defect or ancient related. Seems as though a ten year old helmet is fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Nothing there related solely to age (other than the 1970s gladiatorial type). So it's only impact, defect or ancient related. Seems as though a ten year old helmet is fine.

"We are often asked 'For how long is a helmet safe?', or 'how often should I replace my helmet?”' Until now it has been difficult to find any reliable figures to help answer these queries. MET have now developed a series of tests which are conducted on aged helmets to determine a 'best before' date (unless the helmet is involved in an accident. In that case it should be replaced immediately.). The results indicate that, if used properly accordingly to our owner manual, our helmets will still do their job up to eight years after they have been made. Not only is that good news for the customer, it’s great news for the environment!"

That sounds directly age related to me.

• Advertisement

"We are often asked 'For how long is a helmet safe?', or 'how often should I replace my helmet?”' Until now it has been difficult to find any reliable figures to help answer these queries. MET have now developed a series of tests which are conducted on aged helmets to determine a 'best before' date (unless the helmet is involved in an accident. In that case it should be replaced immediately.). The results indicate that, if used properly accordingly to our owner manual, our helmets will still do their job up to eight years after they have been made. Not only is that good news for the customer, it’s great news for the environment!"

That sounds directly age related to me.

I didn't go into the article. I just looked at the main topic points!

Also, why replace it after 8 years? What's wrong with it?

Advertisement