Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I should have left the credit card at home" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

lennymc wrote: »
    I suspect I am getting quite close to n.

S-1?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Sorry. I meant s.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭oakley2097

bp_me wrote: »
    Nice. Have been looking at these with interest. Would be interested to hear your impression of it.

Its fast, very very fast and comfortable, stable in the wind so all good

braking is positive more to learn but some very good impression

I'm sure the wheels, DA C50 and conti Gp4000i 23c have a lot to do with it

Just starting to build up distances so maybe a 100km this weekend to push a bit more

I'm arriving at the stage where I wish company's would put place holder wheels and saddles and let people pick what they want. Id love to have tried it with the P-SLR1 aero wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

oakley2097 wrote: »
    Its fast, very very fast and comfortable, stable in the wind so all good

Thanks for the follow up. Mine should arrive today hopefully :)

The PSLR wheels are reportedly a bit heavy(I think... I might be getting confused with others).

I think the PLSR wheels were 1800g this year and 1600g in previous years, owing to a change in hubs DT350's instead of DT240's but still great wheels

Which model are you getting ?

• Advertisement

oakley2097 wrote: »

Which model are you getting ?

An 'advanced 1 ltd'. So the black/white colour scheme but with ultegra rather than 105. Also the PA2 wheels.... Hopefully I'll have some money to change those early next year.

I'd start a Christmas present fund, maybe 'buy me spokes' and see if you can get a few people to help, December/January is usually pretty good for sales, when the temperature dips below 0 and are only a few very hardy cyclist out

My bigger gripe with the 105 version was the r500 chainset, id have paid €25-30 more if they had just included it, oh and the bar tape I don't think im going to get on with it

How tall are you and what size did you go for ??

5'9 and went for the small after lots of careful consideration. The only dimension where its actually much smaller than my current bike is the seat tube but that's a largely irrelevant dimension. Everything else is a tiny bit smaller which is good but I think the position is going to be a bit more aggressive anyway which should be 'fun'.

Funnily enough the 36*28 is a lower gear than the 34*25 on my current main bike so I'm thinking about christening it at the Sk160 this weekend.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Well then I might have to reevaluate my self image somewhat since this all fits.

20150813_124728.jpg

Have those shorts myself. Brilliant so far. Told you XXL would fit!

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I'm going with the" Easier to get forgiveness than permission" theory....
    106761_00_d.jpg

• Advertisement

Daroxtar wrote: »

I'm a fan of showing something so expensive, anything by comparison seams reasonable :D

Brian? wrote: »
    Have those shorts myself. Brilliant so far. Told you XXL would fit!

Have yet to get out in any of it. Hopefully I'll be left alone long enough to get in a 100km spin this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Daroxtar wrote: »

So you went with it in the end. you wont regret it. love mine the more i use it. as i said before its a little on the warm side but you'll get used to it

Looks awesome in blue. wish i got the darker visor now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

stecleary wrote: »
    So you went with it in the end. you wont regret it. love mine the more i use it. as i said before its a little on the warm side but you'll get used to it

Looks awesome in blue. wish i got the darker visor now

Ya, finally. Cheers for the advice :)
    Bike24.de have the visors. I need to stay off that site for a while or I'll be in much worse trouble than I'm already headed for!!

I am weak.

Garmin Virb just ordered on Sportspursuit.

Wishing I could have recorded a bunch of awesome nature moments and wishing I could leave behind a record of my murder by an Aircoach driver put the idea in my head (don't use my roadbike for commutes so no fear of a YouTube channel).

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭darkvalley

As a cyclist there are whole days go by, indeed sometimes even whole weeks or months, when I don't buy a new bike. And then there are days when I buy two of them. Saturday was one of those days!!

One for me and one for herself.

363419.jpg

363420.jpg

I'll leave ye to guess which is which!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

darkvalley wrote: »
    As a cyclist there are whole days go by, indeed sometimes even whole weeks or months, when I don't buy a new bike. And then there are days when I buy two of them. Saturday was one of those days!!

One for me and one for herself.

363419.jpg

363420.jpg

I'll leave ye to guess which is which!!

The top one is the Boardman and the bottom one is the Trek. An I right???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Well wear darkvalley. What happened with the Genesis ?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭darkvalley

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Well wear darkvalley. What happened with the Genesis ?
    Still have it, kitted out for bad weather and luggage. But I am going with the theory that it does not matter how good the bike you have is, there is always reason to get another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

This time for the missus. It was a deal we couldn't refuse :D

(... note this has happened within 48h from her first 100k in Wicklow Mnts on her old 12kg bike :P)

DSCF5615.jpg

DSCF5623.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

^^^Woah, you bought a bicycle shop! I heard of going overboard...

Jesus Alek, you know you need at least one kidney to live right?!

Jesus Alek

We have Jesus working for us in the UK service centre, he's from South America, and I often get calls from people asking if we are taking a piss with Jesus signing the delivery... and if their camera actually arrived :D

^^^Woah, you bought a bicycle shop!

Next stop: bike factory... Taiwan.... Asia... World.... Universe... I'll rule it all!!! Muahahahaha! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

sea_sucker_talon_kit.jpg
    Seasucker talon bike rack.
    No muddy CX bikes allowed inside the car.

where did you get the seasucker taxman?
    (and dare I ask the price)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Probikekit With the discounts it came in at €186.(extra 20% off with code on that page used at checkout)
    Got the road bike version, then bought the 15mm thru axle mount on CRC, PBK only had the 20mm in stock. I've been eyeing up this rack for some time but the prices have always been off putting....till now.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

where did you get the seasucker taxman?
    (and dare I ask the price)

Google box no workey?☺

ford2600 wrote: »
    Google box no workey?☺

:)

I did try googling "where did the tax man from boards buy his seasucker mount" but the results were disappointing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

:)

I did try googling "where did the tax man from boards buy his seasucker mount" but the results were disappointing

You're clearly missing the prism plugin :P

Paddy

Advertisement