Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I should have left the credit card at home" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

mossym wrote: »
    probably best not to

it was in the tone of the rest of the messages, firmly tongue in cheek. however it wasn't meant to offend, so i've deleted it.

i did show it to my wife before i deleted it though and the response was ah FFS what's the big deal.

You pussy!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    You pussy!

guilty as charged. Just can't be ar$sed with an argument over that so if it offends then better to delete it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

The offend word should be banned as offending to humanity, it's getting ridiculous at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

Cough, cough. Back on topic :D

I felt left out with so many people recommending them. (Zondas)
    P.S. Wife is on holidays

358200.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

AstraMonti wrote: »
    The offend word should be banned as offending to humanity, it's getting ridiculous at this point.

Who said recently about the erosion of the distinction between offended and harassed?

The key difference being that you have the right to not be harassed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Cough, cough. Back on topic :D

I felt left out with so many people recommending them. (Zondas)
    P.S. Wife is on holidays

358200.jpg

Nice!
    Where did you get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Who said recently about the erosion of the distinction between offended and harassed?

The key difference being that you have the right to not be harassed.

Harassment is on a whole different level than someone being offended. Anyway, we 're way off topic of this kinda of talk in here so I 'll just leave this article here and go.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Lazy and outmoded gender stereotypes help no one. It's tiresome, old fashioned and unnecessary. It's also extremely annoying to read crap like that in this day and age. It's perfectly reasonable not to be delighted with it.

gadetra wrote: »
    Lazy and outmoded gender stereotypes help no one. It's tiresome, old fashioned and unnecessary. It's also extremely annoying to read crap like that in this day and age. It's perfectly reasonable not to be delighted with it.

No arguments there

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

mathie wrote: »
    Nice!
    Where did you get them?

I got them from evans.

Cheapest place I could find that they were in stock. They were floating around for less earlier in the year but I couldn't find cheaper last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

So I'd been keeping an eye out for a replacement set of shoes for a while, as my Bontragers (RL Road) have been glued a couple of times at this stage, and are getting pretty tatty from commuting, etc. not to mention smelly from just being several years old! Then Canyon popped up with their shoe sale yesterday, and it seemed rude to turn down a 55% off pair of Northwave Torpedo Plus in (hopefully!) my size:
    zoom_9026164_thumb_3946__product-view.png

Slightly concerned that the sole may be a step down from the full carbon on the bontragers, but I'd imagine once there's enough carbon in the centre of the sole they should be more than adequate for my purposes, and considering I had been looking at the Fizik R5Bs which are similarly reinforced rather than full carbon, it seemed worth going for. Still kicking myself for not nabbing those R3s on Planet X a couple of years ago mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭oakley2097

If you sell the defy you could get a propel !!!

and a huge bill

Oh btw My new bike :)

vus6r0.jpg

^black bar tape for the true ninja look.

I do have a roll of black bar tape, other option would be to throw some dirt at it, how long can it stay white ?

oakley2097 wrote: »
    I do have a roll of black bar tape, other option would be to throw some dirt at it, how long can it stay white ?

Not long! Head wrecking to watch it get grubby.

I'd like to know why bike companies keep putting white bar tape

Will it be as neat if i wrap it with black tape?

I have seen a really cool handlebar that would suit it, Enve ses aero.... maybe I should get it then retape

2-660x440.jpg

Similar to what I have but mine don't stick out like Chris Froome's elbows like the ones above. Flat wide tops are lovely to ride with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

If you sell the defy you could get a propel !!!

and a huge bill

Oh btw My new bike :)

Nice. Have been looking at these with interest. Would be interested to hear your impression of it.

Last bike was a cube agree, even after only a few km the propel is much faster (I did add the C50 wheels and Gp 4000 now vs GP4S before) 10 weeks off the bike and already cruising faster than before the accident

Can wait for the weekend and my first long spin

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Similar to what I have but mine don't stick out like Chris Froome's elbows like the ones above. Flat wide tops are lovely to ride with.

What kind of bars do you have ?

The sticky out elbow would look kinda silly but the narrow top and wider drops make sense to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The sticky out elbow would look kinda silly but the narrow top and wider drops make sense to me

I had very similar bars, Ritchey Streem II WCS bars, they have flat tops, 4 degree sweep back and are flared in the drops so they stick out slightly. I loved them at first but recently took them off as I no longer found them comfortable.

I have a carbon set of bars with the stem fully integrated into it with flat tops. By BBB. Complimented by the Campag shifters! Love it.

Well then I might have to reevaluate my self image somewhat since this all fits.

20150813_124728.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Well then I might have to reevaluate my self image somewhat since this all fits.

20150813_124728.jpg

Red white black green and yellow. Please tell us they're not going to be worn together!!

Red white black green and yellow. Please tell us they're not going to be worn together!!

Purchases made on a still available at 50% off in XXL basis!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

there is nothing more satisfying that wearing mismatching kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Just pretend you're from Mozambique, you'll be fine

it's new bike time so I just ordered this:

16700_sensa_fermo_sl_touring_cyclocross_bike_tiagra_2015.jpg

Can't wait to weigh it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Plastik

Lenny.:pac:

How many bikes have you got now?

• Advertisement

Plastik wrote: »
    Lenny.:pac:

How many bikes have you got now?

I suspect I am getting quite close to n.

Advertisement