Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Menu

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

JohnK wrote: »
    Not working on the homepage though.

It might take a short while for it to start working for you. Most stuff to do with Javascript is heavily cached client-side.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Nice work.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Good man Conor, doing fine work as usual! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Conor wrote: »
    It might take a short while for it to start working for you. Most stuff to do with Javascript is heavily cached client-side.
    You were right, its working now on the homepage :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

From the first day I used the new beta menu I loved it. Good work :)

Only problem I have is that when my browser(Chrome) is reduced in size it cuts off some my subbed list. I've attached a screen shot. Below SaG should be Soccer and Television.

Bug_1.jpg

I use the Beta skin across two accounts and three browsers (FF/Linux, Safari/Mac & Chrome/Mac) and I haven't seen this problem.

Are you blocking/missing any Javascript or CSS?

Does it work on any other browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I think this is kind of on the back-burner at the moment but would it be possible to darken/increase the contrast on the font in the drop down menu in netbook mode? Especially on the child forums.

• Advertisement

Anyone else getting a javascript error on the homepage over the last few days? Its only happening on the homepage and its preventing the notification icons on the menu from displaying new posts etc; they work fine on inner pages.

I'm using IE8 on Win7 Ultimate and I cleared the cache & logged out/in again with the same result.
    Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    Timestamp: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 11:46:23 UTC

Line: 151
    Char: 4
    Code: 0
    URI: http://b-static.net/javascript/cascade-uncompressed.js?v=1b14

Line: 168077801
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.boards.ie/

Also, I tried logging in with Chrome to see if the same was happening there but I'm not getting post notifications with Chrome on any page :confused:

That was debug code I left in by mistake. Should be sorted now.

Thanks Conor, that errors gone again now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Conor, any news on when the beta version will become the default version? After all the work it's looking very stable and the switch to beta is often the best piece of advice that I offer to new members in the FAQ forum.

Ponster wrote: »
    Conor, any news on when the beta version will become the default version? After all the work it's looking very stable and the switch to beta is often the best piece of advice that I offer to new members in the FAQ forum.

There's no date set yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Hey, small suggestion. Any chance you could increase the padding of the menu bar a little if you detect it being served to an iPad?

Just the top and bottom padding should be enough, at the moment it can be very easy to hit one of Safari's buttons when going for the menu. Not urgent, just a "would be nice".

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm told that the Subscribers forum doesn't appear under Sys in the beta skin. Is this deliberate or a bug?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Zaph wrote: »
    I'm told that the Subscribers forum doesn't appear under Sys in the beta skin. Is this deliberate or a bug?
    'tis a bug, it doesn't appear in the 'Find a Forum' search either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Zaph wrote: »
    Deliberate - it's a private forum. The only way to make any private forum appear in the menu is to sub follow it and even then it will only appear in "subscribed My Forums" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I thought it was because it would require a massive re-jig to implement a system where the private forums would show up in the menu for members of those forums? I'm fairly sure that's what I read...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Just thought you might want to know that the new post notification thingamajig has stopped flashing again.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Just thought you might want to know that the new post notification thingamajig has stopped flashing again.

That's deliberate, to remove the traffic caused by the AJAX calls in order to ease the issues we've been having over the last few days. Once we fix our current problems, we'll turn it back on.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement