Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Menu

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Ah wait, now it's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

yup back for me also, thanks

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Back now, good job Ross.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The OpFlash Forum was renamed Tactical Shooter and moved to Simulation but its not showing up on the new menu, OpFlash is still under Hosted also

Edit, they're not there under classic either, cmon admins, don't half move a forum
    Edit2, ye fixed it, didn't ye, tryin to make a fool outa me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    The OpFlash Forum was renamed Tactical Shooter and moved to Simulation but its not showing up on the new menu, OpFlash is still under Hosted also

Edit, they're not there under classic either, cmon admins, don't half move a forum
    Edit2, ye fixed it, didn't ye, tryin to make a fool outa me
    Hah, menu gets updated automatically at midnight, excellent time to post the question though, certainly makes it look like a conspiracy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Nice work ross/conor

like the way you can change it to have no delay, was a bit annoying. sorted.
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

I actually prefer the current one. Its a lot more accessible for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The link for the Subscribers forum doesn't show up on the 'Sys' dropdown menu

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The link for the Subscribers forum doesn't show up on the 'Sys' dropdown menu

It's technically a private forum so I imagine that is why it's not showing up.

It's technically a private forum so I imagine that is why it's not showing up.

It shows up on the old menu. Maybe it's a deliberate change though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The one thing I have noticed recently is the "New Post" indicator frequently disapears. I have to refresh before it comes back.

I've lost the new menu, I changed to another style to view a forum it didn't show and now its not there as an option to change back to. How do I get it back?

I've lost the new menu, I changed to another style to view a forum it didn't show and now its not there as an option to change back to. How do I get it back?

It's still accessible in the top menu under the Boards.ie drop-down

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Click me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I really like this style.
    Good work guys

Sherifu wrote: »

Ta. Now what do I do if I want to view forums not showing on the new menu, like Sex and Sexuality etc?

Edit, only saw this post after
    It's still accessible in the top menu under the Boards.ie drop-down

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Ta. Now what do I do if I want to view forums not showing on the new menu, like Sex and Sexuality etc?
    Restricted forums don't show individually in the menu - click on the 'Soc' category and it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Find it here.
    If you subscribe to it you'll have it under Subbed after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Not sure if this has been reported before, but I just noticed that when I scroll over the "Science" heading the drop down menu hugs the right hand side of the browser and not underneath the heading like all the others.

Working on Mac OS 10.6.1 in Firefox 3.5.3 at 1280x800.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Daysha wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been reported before, but I just noticed that when I scroll over the "Science" heading the drop down menu hugs the right hand side of the browser and not underneath the heading like all the others.

Same problem for me using the latest version of chrome (3.0.195.27) on windows 7 (ultimate) also 1280x800

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Same for me using chrome on windows 7

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Weird science.
    Just started using this today and I love the functionality but I find the colours used makes it distracting... it's sometimes hard to differentiate from the content, particularly when you are scrolling/reading quickly.... needs a bit of greyness in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Daysha wrote: »

Ditto. Firefox 3.5.4. Vista. 1280x800.

It's fine for me

FF 3.5.4
    Windows 7
    Resolution -1440 x 900

http://i35.tinypic.com/synzo9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Its also happening for me - IE8 on XP (1280x800)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I'm really liking the new layout to be honest, shows what is needed without taking away any aestethics people have become accustomed to voer the many years this site has been up and running.

Its good work, nice to see some boundaries being pushed, and some back-end work visible for the general user to notice:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I'm really liking the new layout to be honest, shows what is needed without taking away any aestethics people have become accustomed to voer the many years this site has been up and running.

Its good work, nice to see some boundaries being pushed, and some back-end work visible for the general user to notice:)

agreed.

One thing that bugs me though is the way the sys and tech categories are swapped. Gets me every bloody time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Happens for me too on Chrome, IE8 but works on Firefox on XP if it makes any difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I like it. Not mad on the red titles though but apart from that its nice.
    Makes the navigation a lot easier.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement