Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Jaysus you're right. I forgot I was on tha' internetz!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

****ing rednecks with their redneck country music....

****ing rednecks with their redneck country music....

I'm on an Iced Earth buzz now for the first time since I've hit puberty XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

i cant picture myself squatting to Cash personally

now i see where your going wrong with your squats :D

maybe some 'alt' country will get you going, no hats though :(

@ Funkz, hair metal arggh!!! :pac:

Here's some real music you rednecks! :pac: Just back from herdin' cattle, real man's cardio! :D

• Advertisement

Mastadon? I dunno...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

just lost a good post :/ boo
    great band, great song

same as above

i love rammstein!

Then strangely this pumps me up loads

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mack32

now this is core strength!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0fp_oJbu8c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Is i the only person who listens to Jeff Buckley whilst doing teh squatz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

what is this tom foolery you speak of? "is i" "teh squatz"

we have lost thee to the internet speak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

mack32 wrote: »

Thats Insane!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

So when your grinding out a last heavy squat you have him bangin on about grace or hallelujah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

what is this tom foolery you speak of? "is i" "teh squatz"

we have lost thee to the internet speak

You started teh internets speak good sir. You have only but yourself to blame.
    So when your grinding out a last heavy squat you have him bangin on about grace or hallelujah!!

I usally try to finish my last rep when he screams hallelujah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Aaarrgh, fcukin final year bas-tard exams wreakin my head!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Hanley wrote: »

There was actually a really good comp in 2006 were guys from across all the feds came together (multi and single ply, and raw). Pretty sure the top guys all out squatted the 100% Raw world records too. Fancy that!!

Here's the results; http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/2016

Siders totalled 998kg RAW :eek:
    Donnie T did 985kg!!

That's savage. That was what I was talking about. That crossover stuff is really interesting.

Just to clarify, I was only referring to a select few equipped dudes I read who reacted that lifting in an unequipped competition would be demeaning and that raw totals don't mean anything as they are less weight. I wasn't saying anyone should do it to prove themselves. I know the top equipped guys are the cream of the crop but there are a few middle of the road equipped guys who assume they are superior to the elite raw blokes simply by association. Das ist alles.

Oh yeah and the bow and arrow. No squirrels but we made sh1t of a 2 inch thick plank with a target on it. It wasn't in some sports centre with an instructor, my brother got chatting to a bloke in the pub who sold them! €70 is aqll it was.

It's a savage power trip, forget knives or handguns, I have a mutherfukking bow and arrow beetches!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

kevpants wrote: »
    That's savage. That was what I was talking about. That crossover stuff is really interesting.

Just to clarify, I was only referring to a select few equipped dudes I read who reacted that lifting in an unequipped competition would be demeaning and that raw totals don't mean anything as they are less weight. I wasn't saying anyone should do it to prove themselves. I know the top equipped guys are the cream of the crop but there are a few middle of the road equipped guys who assume they are superior to the elite raw blokes simply by association. Das ist alles.

I'm guessing they were multiply guys???? Doesn't sound like a single ply attitude anyway....

There are a few knobs out there who think they're the **** cos they get like 300lb carryover out of their squat suits and squat 6-700. That's just hilarious imo. Those are the guys who are typically most vocal about how raw lifting is for people afraid of equipment!

I'm guessing they were multiply guys???? Doesn't sound like a single ply attitude anyway....

Oh yeah. Can't find the article I specifically had in mind. Bloke was dismissing the challenges of unequipped as being pithy when in reality the challenges of both are just different. I suppose if you're a moron to begin with it doesn't matter whether you choose raw or suited, you're still gonna be a moron.

It would be cool to see more raw totals from those guys just to see who is getting most carryover. Paradoxically I'd be more impressed if an elite equipped guy hit lower raw numbers, ya know it'd show a guy who was specifically doing what he needed to do in his field of choice. Maybe that wouldn't be the case, maybe strongest equipped = strongest raw. Be interesting to find out though.

Apparently Dave Tate was benching mid 5's raw and only mid 6's in a shirt. Take from that what you will :)

Oh yeah. Can't find the article I specifically had in mind. Bloke was dismissing the challenges of unequipped as being pithy when in reality the challenges of both are just different. I suppose if you're a moron to begin with it doesn't matter whether you choose raw or suited, you're still gonna be a moron.

It would be cool to see more raw totals from those guys just to see who is getting most carryover. Paradoxically I'd be more impressed if an elite equipped guy hit lower raw numbers, ya know it'd show a guy who was specifically doing what he needed to do in his field of choice. Maybe that wouldn't be the case, maybe strongest equipped = strongest raw. Be interesting to find out though.

Apparently Dave Tate was benching mid 5's raw and only mid 6's in a shirt. Take from that what you will :)

Hmmm.... I wonder if that actually happened with him tho!! You've read his book like.... :D:D

I'm still interested to see what I'd do raw in a proper meet. Did one last december with zero training and a 24 hour deload. Got like 235/140/250 which was pretty disappointing, missed 250/150/260. The squat was with knee wraps tho!

I probably wouldn't do any better than that now. That's the worst part!! I'm hoping 5/3/1 starts to work some magic. I won't truly believe in it until I start hitting some all time PR's.... Gotta beat 170x12 this week squatting, and I've benched 120x8 so unless I do 117x10 or something that'll be considered a fail!!

I probably wouldn't do any better than that now. That's the worst part!! I'm hoping 5/3/1 starts to work some magic. I won't truly believe in it until I start hitting some all time PR's.... Gotta beat 170x12 this week squatting, and I've benched 120x8 so unless I do 117x10 or something that'll be considered a fail!!

You're fukcin gas. I need to work on a formula to explain the low numbers in the heaviest set. Maybe some sock puppets. I might have to resort to trying to explain it through the medium of interpretive dance...

• Advertisement

You're fukcin gas. I need to work on a formula to explain the low numbers in the heaviest set. Maybe some sock puppets. I might have to resort to trying to explain it through the medium of interpretive dance...

Once you can explain it!!! I'm sick of being 10-15kg below my best on squats and benches, and 20kg below on deadlifts!!

Good morning ya'll! Who's ready for some LIT? And who's happy that after three days of eating carb junk food for three days their waist is still under 36" but the weights going up?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I think I'd purposly drop the dar on myself if I listened to Jeff Buckley while squatting...

Coming from here; http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055545893&page=12
    Yeah.

But you want the squat don't you?

You want it bad.

It whispers to you in the night....

Meh.... I can deal with it. I bet you'd like THIS squat tho.....

That's just knee wraps by the way ;)

Coming from here; http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055545893&page=12

Meh.... I can deal with it. I bet you'd like THIS squat tho.....

That's just knee wraps by the way ;)

Oooooooooh he took it off-topic.

That is impressive. But I overheard you saying you were getting about 25kg carryover outa the wraps though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

mack32 wrote: »

I pity the poor kid who tries to play in his playground!

Oooooooooh he took it off-topic.

That is impressive. But I overheard you saying you were getting about 25kg carryover outa the wraps though ;)

I'd say it's actually closer to 17.5...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

dear jesus theres 75 people looking at this forum at the mo!!

Is it very unacceptable to kinda want to do those birds on the model agent............;)

how old are they and how old are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

dear jesus theres 75 people looking at this forum at the mo!!

Is it very unacceptable to kinda want to do those birds on the model agent............;)

Feck, once they're on tv and legal its all fair game (except anybody who regularly appears on the afternoon show!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement