Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

where in gods name did you find that video of me?? that was last summer i had quite the tan!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Drifter and itsallabouttheL/curls.....Do you guys want a condom with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

floggg wrote: »

jees buddy thats taking it a bit far aint it......:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

look you can even turn squats into rows!!!!

Is that guy ****ing serious??? :D:D:D

floggg wrote: »

I cant see condoms being much help for squat rows TBH............ Plus Drifters on the Pill:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

I cant see condoms being much help for squat rows TBH............ Plus Drifters on the Pill:P

Like's his fun so??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

wtf...ok thats it this place has gotten to weird for me....

I agree!! :rolleyes: the original Off Topic Thread had the makings of a good one, this appears to be decending into..... im not quite sure what TBH!

300_138349.jpg

@Hanley

Saw your 100k hangclean from way back, think 90kg BW, it was absolutly sick easy.... any idea what you'd throw up now??

also remember you were going on about plan for next year, did it/ does it involve OLy lifting??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Missed out on the gym for the last few weeks cause of final year exams, managed to go on tuesday, went for a good session. Man, some DOMS yesterday and today! Kind of like it though in a weird masochistic way...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

@Hanley

Saw your 100k hangclean from way back, think 90kg BW, it was absolutly sick easy.... any idea what you'd throw up now??

also remember you were going on about plan for next year, did it/ does it involve OLy lifting??

This one; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iHNl5QMy3U ?

I'm an absolute disgrace to be honest. Haven't even attempted to do anything in the longest time. Seriously considering just buying myself a bar and some bumper plates to have at home to train outside with when the weather's ok.

Good thing is, I'm an absolute SH!T TON stronger now, so I should be good for way more when I actually get to train it!

Hanley wrote: »
    This one; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iHNl5QMy3U ?

I'm an absolute disgrace to be honest. Haven't even attempted to do anything in the longest time. Seriously considering just buying myself a bar and some bumper plates to have at home to train outside with when the weather's ok.

Good thing is, I'm an absolute SH!T TON stronger now, so I should be good for way more when I actually get to train it!

Thats the one!! have a guess at what ud get up? i reckon 130-140??

Thats the one!! have a guess at what ud get up? i reckon 130-140??

I'd say with a month or two of training I'd give 130 a shot.

I've front squatted 150kg x5 to below parallel so using so assuming with good technique you can clean what you can FS for a triple, I should be able to do circa 155kg. Only problem is there isn't a hope in hell of that happening cos my form's shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!

Hanley wrote: »
    I'd say with a month or two of training I'd give 130 a shot.

I've front squatted 150kg x5 to below parallel so using so assuming with good technique you can clean what you can FS for a triple, I should be able to do circa 155kg. Only problem is there isn't a hope in hell of that happening cos my form's shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!

I'm sooo videoing my CandJ and putting it in the Humour Forum

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Jesus christ Hanley, just checking out some of your youtube vids!! I hope I never spill your drink in a crowded bar.

Was catching up on a blog (i.e Total Study Avoidance!!) that i havn't read in a while..... anyhoo.... most of ye will know where its from, he's talking about the IDFPA Nationals.....

The championships were held a couple of weeks back. I wish it had of been on my radar earlier because I definitely would have taken some of the lads from the gym to it. This federation is probably the best one for us as it unequipped and it’s drug tested just like we already are. It does have an equipped division but I don’t think anyone is interested in playing ‘dress ups’.

i cried a little tear of laughter:)

christ theres someone on boards two computer away from me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Was catching up on a blog (i.e Total Study Avoidance!!) that i havn't read in a while..... anyhoo.... most of ye will know where its from, he's talking about the IDFPA Nationals.....

The championships were held a couple of weeks back. I wish it had of been on my radar earlier because I definitely would have taken some of the lads from the gym to it. This federation is probably the best one for us as it unequipped and it’s drug tested just like we already are. It does have an equipped division but I don’t think anyone is interested in playing ‘dress ups’.

i cried a little tear of laughter:)

What's sadder is that a few updates previously he had suggested he wanted to "dress up"(although he didn't use that phrase at the time) some rugby lads he trains and get them to win a few trophies. :rolleyes:

Still going on about that.... kinda sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

whats the story with equipped lifting, i mean why did it come about?

i know some dont think its right or whatever blah blah blah, but is it not more of a test of strength to just lift with no equipment just technique and raw strength. ive no problems personally with equipped lifting, just curious as to the arguments for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

bigstar wrote: »
    whats the story with equipped lifting, i mean why did it come about?

i know some dont think its right or whatever blah blah blah, but is it not more of a test of strength to just lift with no equipment just technique and raw strength. ive no problems personally with equipped lifting, just curious as to the arguments for it.

afaik, it was brought in for safety reasons, squats suits give the hips protection and a bench shirt will protect the shoulders, and then it just evolved from there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

PWO

batman.jpg

Yellow malfcukas! What's the buzz today? It's my first time here :D

see thats what im talkin about!! that other Off topic thread was actually funny!! and offtopic!!

please_god_if_you_cant_make_me_thin_tshirt-p2353986105892489483y1e_400.jpg

Make Me Study!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

That study probably suggests the rda of protein is 50g...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

That study probably suggests the rda of protein is 50g...

It is if you're the same height as an anorexic dwarf!

...ask Bossarky :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

What's sadder is that a few updates previously he had suggested he wanted to "dress up"(although he didn't use that phrase at the time) some rugby lads he trains and get them to win a few trophies. :rolleyes:

Shame the high handle trap bar deadlift isn't part of powerlifting. Someone should really look into that.

I think they guy might be alright underneath it all. Like a lot of his countrymen his mouth tends to lead him on a merry trail of destruction.

Speaking of antipodeans whose bodyparts have gotten them in trouble. Any Mattie Johns fans out there?

This cracks me up. Ya gotta love NRL players. It unreal, most aussies seem to be backing him. I mean what kind of world do we live in if a bloke can't double team a teenage girl while 12 of his mates watch without losing his job?

Makes this sketch seem all the more cringeworthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I really don't get the NRL players. How stupid can they be? I think the group sex stuff is just pretty ghey tbh, but ya could make the argument that it's their own business, but it keep coming out in the media, how stupid can they be. Also on the Footy Show it was mentioned that some groups of players use the group sex as a "bonding exercise". Why don't they just leave the one woman out of it and the 10-12 lads just get into each other.
    ****in idiots.
    Also, that sketch is class. :P Though Brian Carney, what a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

amacachi wrote: »
    Some groups of players use the group sex as a "bonding exercise".

LMFAO

That sentence encapsulates the NRL for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

kevpants wrote: »
    LMFAO

That sentence encapsulates the NRL for me.

It really is a joke, I've only started watching it recently but it really makes it hard to watch lads wrestling each other to the ground when ya know what they'd been doing together recently. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement