Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

Where has Maria been with all this murdering Frank going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

cofy wrote: »
    This is the best news I have heard this year - roll on old age:cool::D

Here's proof :D and he is nearly 80 :eek::eek:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9145261/Coronation-Street-star-Bill-Roache-Ive-slept-with-1000-women.html

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

Few weeks ago now but hadnt found this forum at the time - in terms of any logic -->

Rosie and Jason were living at his mams, with her and two lodgers.

Jason has an empty flat across the road since Graham and you one left. Never even strikes them to "use it"

Tina gets over the bad memories and rents the flat on her own with just a mere nod to affording it. On her first morning there she wakes up to the landlord (Jason) having a shower and just goes so do you live here now - not sure I would be quite so understanding or indeed that Tina normally would be.
    Plus her new landlord that is now her new flatmate used to be her boyfriend who lived with her in the this very same flat; and yet her only response is "so do you live here now?"
    Its a good street!!

In terms of uptodate did Karl seem to pat Tina's ass when they were behind the counter on Monday night??? A build up to his affair ??

Was never sure if this was suppossed to be Ava or just someone random getting in a good auld grope!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFLrLTOCsrU
    Robyn_14 wrote: »
    Where has Maria been with all this murdering Frank going on?

1. Hanging out with the policewoman who lives directly across the road from the murder scene?

2. With any bit of luck gone playing tapes upstairs and wont be down for couple of years. (She hasnt gotten any kind of a decent story line in ages)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Thought it was a bit weird that Tracy was involved in a comedy story about school lunches while the rest of her family are all cut up about Peter's confession. Whatever else about Tracy, she has always been shown to love Peter. She'd be devastated that he is about to go to prison for murder and be separated from his child. Especially as she has been through it.

Presumably she didn't know but she lives on the same street and most of the neighbours and her house mate know, so the odds are someone would have told her. Probably whoever was minding Amy when she was in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

jos28 wrote: »

I think they mean that he's sent 1000 women to sleep.

According to this story, his colleagues refer to him as "Cockroache"

So unkind. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I got the impression that the cop knows for a fact that Peter didn't do it and is just stringing him along, he suspects Carla, I still think it was Jenny or the mother.

The female cop in this murder investigation was seemingly casted on her ability to frown and scowl, she doesn't seem to be capable of anything else.

.....and proof if it were needed that Kylie is a crap mother, giving Max junk food instead of something healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

bijapos wrote: »
    I got the impression that the cop knows for a fact that Peter didn't do it and is just stringing him along, he suspects Carla, I still think it was Jenny or the mother.

The female cop in this murder investigation was seemingly casted on her ability to frown and scowl, she doesn't seem to be capable of anything else.

.....and proof if it were needed that Kylie is a crap mother, giving Max junk food instead of something healthy.

How could they charge someone with the crime without evidence? Or are they:confused:

That feckin teacher is some hypocrite though, who is he to tell parents what they give their children and he scoffing crap into himself:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

jimmyw wrote: »
    How could they charge someone with the crime without evidence? Or are they:confused:

That feckin teacher is some hypocrite though, who is he to tell parents what they give their children and he scoffing crap into himself:(.

How could they take that confession seriously, he said that he wiped down the bottle that he killed Frank with, so why were Carlas prints on it, also he said that he put the bottle in a duct or something, so why was it found in a skip.

The way Anne reacted to Peters confession last night I'm starting to think it might be her and not Jenny after all.

The way Anne reacted to Peters confession last night I'm starting to think it might be her and not Jenny after all.

Ya, similar, her well done reaction was perhaps her best scene so far.

What did Sean say in the background when Carla was screaming about "leaving an eight year old boy"

It sounded like "why did you have to say that"
    - he was hanging back. Does he know someit?
    Thought he was in the pub when it was all going down
    Did he see someit when they found the body?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

he said that he put the bottle in a duct or something, so why was it found in a skip.

Didn't he say he threw his shirt into the Irwell? That's a Manchester river flowing in to the Mersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

frankz wrote: »
    Ya, similar, her well done reaction was perhaps her best scene so far.

What did Sean say in the background when Carla was screaming about "leaving an eight year old boy"

It sounded like "why did you have to say that"
    - he was hanging back. Does he know someit?
    Thought he was in the pub when it was all going down
    Did he see someit when they found the body?

I just interrpreted it as he felt Carla shouldn't have been screaming at anne when she just found out who murdered her son (but actually didnt:p)

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Didn't he say he threw his shirt into the Irwell? That's a Manchester river flowing in to the Mersey.

Thanks for explaining that, I was'nt quite sure what he said.

lizt wrote: »
    I just interrpreted it as he felt Carla shouldn't have been screaming at anne when she just found out who murdered her son (but actually didnt:p)

Ah, thanks for that (cant see how to thank a post) makes sense now.
    Note to self must not drink when watching corrie drink less when watching corrie

frankz wrote: »
    Ah, thanks for that (cant see how to thank a post) makes sense now.
    Note to self must not drink when watching corrie drink less when watching corrie

You have to have 25 posts before you can thank people. When you get to 25 posts the thumb will appear at the bottom of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Tracy taking the moral high-ground? Oh my days.

The ending tonight was soooooo cheesey.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Janet1986

An affair is building between karl and sunita ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

In the first episode Carla was at the bar in the Rovers and Stella told her she wasn't welcome as it is a family pub and she's a home wrecker.The next scene was Leanne sitting with Ken in the pub and Leanne says to Ken where is Carla in all this? I felt like shouting at the screen she was a few feet away from you a few seconds ago:(

So Maria just appears tonight, no explanation of where she's been :confused:

It's so obvious that it's Anne now. It's obvious that it's not Peter, Carla, Sally or Peter. Michelle is a very outside possibility but I can't see it being her. The only other person it could be is Jenny, who still hasn't surfaced.

casio4 wrote: »
    In the first episode Carla was at the bar in the Rovers and Stella told her she wasn't welcome as it is a family pub and she's a home wrecker.The next scene was Leanne sitting with Ken in the pub and Leanne says to Ken where is Carla in all this? I felt like shouting at the screen she was a few feet away from you a few seconds ago:(

Carla spoke to Ken and Leanne before she left the pub. She came over and told them she was visiting Peter and did they want her to pass on any messages. Leanne said no and Ken said to tell him he is thinking about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I reckon the next time we see Jenny will be at the funeral, where she will probably have a new bloke. She got what she wanted from Frank (or so she thinks, and that's it.end of that chapter.

But she never cared about any of this enough to have motive to kill him. It was just business.

casio4 wrote: »

I think she meant what is Carla doing for Simon. F*ck all!

I couldn't believe in the prison when Peter said How's Simon and she said "Never mind Simon!"

I really hate Peter and Carla together.

I really hate Peter and Carla together.

The state of the two of them together at the end drinking their booze.

So Maria just appears tonight, no explanation of where she's been :confused:

It's so obvious that it's Anne now. It's obvious that it's not Peter, Carla, Sally or Peter. Michelle is a very outside possibility but I can't see it being her. The only other person it could be is Jenny, who still hasn't surfaced.
    I agree it has to be Anne it wouldn't make sense if it was Jenny as she hasn't been around and Anne's behaviour leads to all signs it's her.

iguana wrote: »
    Carla spoke to Ken and Leanne before she left the pub. She came over and told them she was visiting Peter and did they want her to pass on any messages. Leanne said no and Ken said to tell him he is thinking about him.
    I missed that bit :o

But what's going to come out of this missing watch? If Anne killed him, the watch would have been returned with his personal effects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Janet1986 wrote: »
    An affair is building between karl and sunita ;)

They couldn't make it any more obvious if they tried! :pac:

What's more difficult to tell is whether or not Lewis is genuine this time, he always gives off that impression that he's up to something...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 wotaccent

But what's going to come out of this missing watch? If Anne killed him, the watch would have been returned with his personal effects.

I think she would've taken it off him as it was her husband's. The way she's behaving does seem to suggest that it was her. Frank banishing her from the factory would have been pivotal, I suppose, as it had become her reason for getting up in the morning, as she said. And Frank did tell Jenny that his mother would forgive him as she usually did...only this time she didn't. She may also have overheard Frank admitting to Carla about the rape, and realised he was the cause of her husband's heart-attack. She adored her husband and then to find she was betrayed by Frank might have tipped her over the edge.

Jenny's total absence seems strange though. Even if she didn't really care, she might've turned up at the factory or the house to actually look for the contract.

The strangest thing is that just Carla's fingerprints were on the bottle. What about Peter's and Frank's? And why does the inspector keep insisting it was Carla? It's as if he can't be bothered to keep an open mind and look at everything. Expects everything to just fall into place.

If Jenny doesn't show up at the funeral then the writers have some explaining to do.

• Advertisement

If Jenny doesn't show up at the funeral then the writers have some explaining to do.
    she will have to show up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement