Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

The scene with Peter and Norris in the Bistro was funny, the actor who plays Norris couldn't keep a straight face during that.

I still reckon it was the mother or Jenny, Michelle an outside possibility. The mother saw how he uses and abuses people, she will also hold him responsible for the stress that caused her husband to die.

I reckon there's some sort of a darker side to Jenny, hard to believe she would get romantically involved with him so soon after his trial when she believed he was responsible for raping Carla all along.

Michelle could have heard the Carla-Frank exchanges fought with him and pushed him down the stairs. I also don't know if the actress who plays her plans on staying too long in the series.

Either way the story about the contract yesterday was weak and full of holes. It wouldn't stand a chance in court seeing that deception played a large part in Carla signing over. Its a bit ridiculous tbh, no notary or solicitor present either.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

My favourite parts of the episodes were Peter and Carla's descent into alcoholic oblivion. I actually wish all of the stories weren't so jumbled up and we could just have a longer burning story where Peter and Carla naturally get worse and worse as they lean on each other and use the other's failure to support them as an excuse to drink. It might be less sensational than rape, corporate espionage and murder but I think it would be a great story by itself.
    bijapos wrote: »
    Either way the story about the contract yesterday was weak and full of holes. It wouldn't stand a chance in court seeing that deception played a large part in Carla signing over. Its a bit ridiculous tbh, no notary or solicitor present either.

Not even a single independent witness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Having read the spoilers on digital spy, I am more inclined to think it was Jenny. The clues that they have mentioned could be easily explained away.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,069 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Drunk Peter was funny

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

There were bits that seemed out of context - Kevins over the top reaction to Sally was one - the other was Peters reaction to Norris's gang at the corner. He had just left leanne who told him she was going to look for custody of Simon. The next scene with him showed him laughing and joking with Norris and the gang - the fact that he was drunk I would have thought that he would have sunk further into despair rather than into party mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Drunk Peter was funny

I think he really over plays the dunk scenes

Kaching wrote: »

I think he is one best actors playing a drunk myself

I don't know if you've ever dealt much with an alcoholic but Gascoigne plays it perfectly ime. I'm always a bit stunned by exactly how identical he is to the relative I had a lot of dealings with. He gives me chills. The facial expressions, the way they turn and change on a hairpin, the mixture of self-loathing and pissed off condescension when his behaviour is questioned. He's stunning tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Apparently acting drunk is one of the most difficult things to do, which is why you see it so rarely, and when you do see it it is usually pretty hammy. Personally, I think he does a great job. I, too, have first hand experience with alco's and his performance is very natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

horse7 wrote: »
    so who kills frank.

Maybe its Michelle , she looked like she was pretending to get back into the office to collect a photo of her son.

I reckon she was going to steal the contract for the factory from Frank's briefcase and he walked in and caught her.

Could be totally wrong though :cool:

• Advertisement

I'd say Frank's killer is his mammy or his girlfriend Jenny

One of these two. I'd say one of them was upstairs in the factory and heard Frank gloat to Carla about raping her and lashed out at him for duping her. Probably didn't mean to kill him and freaked out and ran away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I'm thinking that maybe Frank attacked some one close to Jenny, and that her only intention was always to double cross Frank, and she took the contract as she did not want to see Carla suffer any more than she already has. It will be interesting to see if Jenny goes to Franks funeral and if she does will she have someone with her?

Just wondering though if the money was exchanged for Carla's sale of the factory, hopefully she will have the money and the factory now. The idea that Michelle could have taken the contract is also a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

We seen Frank looking at the contract and then putting it in his briefcase when Michelle came in , then she was looking for an excuse to get into the office and we never saw her leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Karen23 wrote: »
    We seen Frank looking at the contract and then putting it in his briefcase when Michelle came in , then she was looking for an excuse to get into the office and we never saw her leave.
    She was ringing Carla afterwards, I presumed it was to tell that she had the contract. My money is on Jenny, she thought herself and Frank were heading off into the sunset together and maybe he told her he was only using her and tried to head off alone ???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I think it's blatently obvious that's it's not going to be a main character a.k.a any of the main suspects. I would be very surprised if it is any of the five suspects and if it is, none of them will be leaving the show.

Peter and Carla are still in the middle of a huge storyline, Sally has been in the show for donkey's years, as has Kevin and I think we would have heard if Michelle was leaving (she had the perfect excuse to leave with Ciaran)

Leanne is also confused when she bumps into Howard, Peter's mentor from the support group. Howard reveals that Peter turned up at his house drunk on the night Frank was killed. Leanne reels, realising Peter has an alibi - he's innocent. Furious that he'd lie to save Carla at the expense of his son, will Leanne go to the police?
    With alarm bells ringing, Carla asks Peter plainly if he killed Frank. She's appalled as he admits that he can't say for sure and demands to know why he confessed. As Peter admits that he did it to save her, Carla's horrified - she didn't kill Frank and now he's thrown his life away. But Peter's in luck - with Stella having talked sense into her, Leanne goes to the police station to reveal Peter's alibi. Will it be enough to get Peter out of jail?
    At the same time, Sally consoles Anne - offering to accompany her to the funeral. However, she suddenly realises what's missing from Frank's personal effects - his watch. Could this be linked to the killer? Is the murderer still on the loose?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I think the most interesting thing is what happens to the "contract" (not that it has any standing in law). Frank is dead, I never heard about a child, or sibling so technically the mother owns the factory now.

They'll hardly shut it down as its the source of so many stories so I reckon someone finds and steals the contract and destroys it to keep the factory in Carla's name. Could be Sean, Sally, Michelle, the mother etc. or there could be a twist whereby the contract is stolen but a copy exists.

Interesting that they only signed one contract, normally there is a copy for the buyer and seller, but as I said in an earlier post, the contract was signed under deception and has no basis in real life.

But my money is still on Jenny, dark past I reckon.

I think the most interesting thing is what happens to the "contract" (not that it has any standing in law). Frank is dead, I never heard about a child, or sibling so technically the mother owns the factory now.

They'll hardly shut it down as its the source of so many stories so I reckon someone finds and steals the contract and destroys it to keep the factory in Carla's name. Could be Sean, Sally, Michelle, the mother etc. or there could be a twist whereby the contract is stolen but a copy exists.

Interesting that they only signed one contract, normally there is a copy for the buyer and seller, but as I said in an earlier post, the contract was signed under deception and has no basis in real life.

But my money is still on Jenny, dark past I reckon.

Yeah, I thought the contract thing was a bit stupid. Carla could just say Frank forged her signature and then it would be his word against hers.

I think the whole storyline is stupid. I know they are saying he's getting his comeuppance by being killed but I still think it's wrong that he was found innocent of raping her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

lizt wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought the contract thing was a bit stupid. Carla could just say Frank forged her signature and then it would be his word against hers.

I think the whole storyline is stupid. I know they are saying he's getting his comeuppance by being killed but I still think it's wrong that he was found innocent of raping her.
    It happens in reality too you know.
    I think it was a great storyline to begin with, showing the hardship of being raped, and then making it worse by going to court and the rapist getting off.

They dragged it back to mediocrity by making them work together (incredulous, would never happen)

• Advertisement

Max Power1 wrote: »
    It happens in reality too you know.
    I think it was a great storyline to begin with, showing the hardship of being raped, and then making it worse by going to court and the rapist getting off.

They dragged it back to mediocrity by making them work together (incredulous, would never happen)

I know it happens in reality, far too often. A lot of rapes aren't even reported and a high profile soap opera finding a rapist innocent isn't going to encourage people to report a rape.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

lizt wrote: »
    I know it happens in reality, far too often. A lot of rapes aren't even reported and a high profile soap opera finding a rapist innocent isn't going to encourage people to report a rape.

I totally agree with that Lizt, I know it's only a soap but imo they really shouldn't have let it turn out that way, it's difficult enough for victims to come forward without seeing that happen:(.

It never crossed my mind that Michelle may have went into the office to take the contract Karen23 -duh! It didn't show her leave but I wonder if Frank would've been as threatening towards Carla upstairs if Michelle was nearby. I don't know what possessed Carla to go back over to him cry in front of him. I don't know how she resisted pushing him over the balcony. I think in reality though she'd beat him in a scrap:D...I think she'd flatten him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

I still reckon it was the mother or Jenny, Michelle an outside possibility. The mother saw how he uses and abuses people, she will also hold him responsible for the stress that caused her husband to die.

i agree - why would they make such a big deal about the death of franks father unless it was going to play some big part- its not like we saw him more than twice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

i just had a thought

What if it was leanne ?????

He did stop her and say "peters still drinking" and she decided it was carlas fault and stormed over to factory (after talking to peter) where she heard frank admit the rape- and after carla left she saw red (Because if he had not raped carla she would not have used peter as a crutch and he would not have had an affair) and killed him

Just a thought!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Did Frank just move there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

After Michelle had seemingly found out about Frank's murder she raced over to Carla and frantically asked her where she'd been, that Frank was dead and that she'd been ringing her all morning. However, when Carla woke up and checked her phone at the start of the episode, there were 5 missed calls already from Michelle. This was before Michelle had left her flat and before she'd known about the murder. Maybe it was an oversight on the part of the producers but then again, I did think she looked very shifty tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

If Anne isn't the killer, I will go out, buy the biggest hat I can find, and eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

If Anne isn't the killer, I will go out, buy the biggest hat I can find, and eat it.

ill share it with ya

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I'm still going with Jenny.

• Advertisement

So Stella comes to Anne's aid last night she butts in everywhere

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement