Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

washiskin wrote: »
    - PLEASE Corrie writers GET RID OF MARY!!!

I second that!

There is something very unsettling about her. All she is is an oddball with no sympathetic features; unlike Roy, who you can admire for steering his own course and doing his own thing despite what others may think of him. Mary, on the other hand, is just a weirdo and there is nothing else to her. She gives lovable oddbods like me a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

in another forum i slagged off rita and my ears are still ringing. the average age is 70 on that one. so obviously its an age thing. i cant stand her. and think she is quite rude and sarcastic. right shes made her money. and squirreled it away. so shes loaded. fine. if she wants to give dennis money to pretend hes paying for a round of drinks thats between them. but dennis is a free loader. and was stingy with his own money. and i hate people like that regardless of their age and what their income is. meanness is not attractive.

i felt that dennis had no job offer. he just pretended to go to make rita want him to stay. he probably felt they were chugging along nicely but going nowhere so he faked his departure and dramatic return to make her 'do something permenant'. i dont think rita cares. but shes looking down her nose at audrey while being treated the same by dennis? so she has double standards.

i found the whole happiness at the engagement of a 70 and 80 year old all a bit contrived. and felt rita was ott and fake with her sobbing at the bar etc....i dont know if she was pretending to be happy or just a bad actress. but im not allowed critise her cause shes been on the programme 40 odd years?....and i find the way she treats norris appawling. and cant even verbalise it. she knows he fancies her so she treats him like ****e. i hate people who do that also.
    so there. i dont care how long shes been in it. i cant stand her. and when she went on a cruise for a year i didnt care she was gone and wouldnt care if she went on another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

It will be interesting to see how Corrie does it. I'm sure they would have a much bigger budget than FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Sally stumbles upon evidence which points to the guilty party, Frank's killer is backed into a corner and finally reveals the truth.Taking in the full horror of the crime, Sally fears for her safety and tries to run.However, as the killer makes a dramatic bid for freedom, Sally ends up lying unconscious. Will she be okay?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Sally stumbles upon evidence which points to the guilty party, Frank's killer is backed into a corner and finally reveals the truth.Taking in the full horror of the crime, Sally fears for her safety and tries to run.However, as the killer makes a dramatic bid for freedom, Sally ends up lying unconscious. Will she be okay?
    So its not sally that killed him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Max Power1 wrote: »
    So its not sally that killed him :D
    can't be Kevin either then, she wouldn't be in fear of Kevin, if he killed Frank it would have been out of love for her

weddingKevinSally-thumb.jpgand look how in love they were back in the day :D

Points to Anne imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 teaandbiccies

I think it was Jenny (Frank's new business partner) who killed Frank. I think all the other suspects are too obvious. I think Jenny is trying to get rid of Carla so she can take over the factory. She just the whiskey bottle as the weapon to frame Carla/Peter. Ya know Corrie, nothing is ever too obvious and Carla, Peter, Sally, Kevin and Michelle are all far too obvious to be the killer! It's only my opinion though, anybody agree? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I think it was Jenny (Frank's new business partner) who killed Frank. I think all the other suspects are too obvious. I think Jenny is trying to get rid of Carla so she can take over the factory. She just the whiskey bottle as the weapon to frame Carla/Peter. Ya know Corrie, nothing is ever too obvious and Carla, Peter, Sally, Kevin and Michelle are all far too obvious to be the killer! It's only my opinion though, anybody agree? :)

I thought that too from early on about Jenny being the killer.Maybe she wants to help Carla?

We'll see.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhh:eek:...............WoW!!.

She is nasty alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Oh I hate the stereotypically intense detectives. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

God sake cover yourself up Eileen.

iceblue wrote: »
    in another forum i slagged off rita and my ears are still ringing. the average age is 70 on that one. so obviously its an age thing. i cant stand her. and think she is quite rude and sarcastic. right shes made her money. and squirreled it away. so shes loaded. fine. if she wants to give dennis money to pretend hes paying for a round of drinks thats between them. but dennis is a free loader. and was stingy with his own money. and i hate people like that regardless of their age and what their income is. meanness is not attractive.

i felt that dennis had no job offer. he just pretended to go to make rita want him to stay. he probably felt they were chugging along nicely but going nowhere so he faked his departure and dramatic return to make her 'do something permenant'. i dont think rita cares. but shes looking down her nose at audrey while being treated the same by dennis? so she has double standards.

i found the whole happiness at the engagement of a 70 and 80 year old all a bit contrived. and felt rita was ott and fake with her sobbing at the bar etc....i dont know if she was pretending to be happy or just a bad actress. but im not allowed critise her cause shes been on the programme 40 odd years?....and i find the way she treats norris appawling. and cant even verbalise it. she knows he fancies her so she treats him like ****e. i hate people who do that also.
    so there. i dont care how long shes been in it. i cant stand her. and when she went on a cruise for a year i didnt care she was gone and wouldnt care if she went on another one.

Just because she is in the soap 40 or whatever years doesn't mean she is not above criticism , but I see no harm in her.

I actually find Norris to be far more devious and even relishes in other peoples misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

TBH I think very few people will care. One of the most hated characters on the Street these days.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Double post

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Norris was horrible, as usual, in tonight's episode.. "Nobody cares where you were when JFK was shot!"
    Oh, shurrup you old spoil-sport. :rolleyes:

How come Leanne was minding Simon? Ken was in the Bistro for Rita's do where was Deirdre tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

casio4 wrote: »
    How come Leanne was minding Simon? Ken was in the Bistro for Rita's do where was Deirdre tonight?
    Hopefully bra shopping! She doesn't seem to own one. Nip fest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

cofy wrote: »
    I have just checked out the age of the character Sally, she first appeared as a teenager in 1986 so at the most she would be 45/46 years old, so between this and the cancer it is unlikely, that she would be pregnant.:o

Not necessarily, My Nanny had her last baby at 47 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Am I bovered?

4183916955a4927011143ml.jpg

syklops wrote: »
    Am I bovered?

4183916955a4927011143ml.jpg

I thought that was Beth at first :o:p and btw wrong sketch character

p008tw11.jpg?nodefault=true

• Registered Users Posts: 54,597 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What is depressing and stomach turning about a lot of these soaps is the the geriatric love stories. They make me wanna' puke. Rita, Audrey, Dot Cotton, Charlie Kelly etc al. Yuck!

"she knows he fancies her so she treats him like ****e."

This relate to Norris and Rita, I mean, it's sick!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

walshb wrote: »
    What is depressing and stomach turning about a lot of these soaps is the the geriatric love stories. They make me wann' puke. Rita, Audrey, Dot Cotton, Charlie Kelly etc al. Yuck!

"she knows he fancies her so she treats him like ****e."

This relate to Norris and Rita, I mean, it's sick!

Why? Do you think your sex drive dries up in middle age? Numerous studies have shown that pensioners have quite a bit more sex than people in the 30s and 40s. Many even show them having more sex than people in the 20s. The simple fact is they have more free time and less responsibilities so they take advantage of that freedom by having sex more often. In general the more sex an elderly person has, the healthier and happier they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,597 ✭✭✭✭walshb

iguana wrote: »
    Why? Do you think your sex drive dries up in middle age? Numerous studies have shown that pensioners have quite a bit more sex than people in the 30s and 40s. Many even show them having more sex than people in the 20s. The simple fact is they have more free time and less responsibilities so they take advantage of that freedom by having sex more often. In general the more sex an elderly person has, the healthier and happier they are.

Never said that. It's nothing to do with sex drive, it's the horrible image of it that turns the stomach.

Damn image of Rita and Norris now, where's the bucket?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

Heard they're turning Sophie into a crack addict :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

_LilyRose_ wrote: »
    Heard they're turning Sophie into a crack addict :rolleyes:

Bible basher...lesbian....drug addict.

Pretty much your average teenager then. :pac:

David Platt and Audrey Roberts are to go head-to-head in a bitter war over the salon.

Audrey (Sue Nicholls) kicks off the battle in a fortnight's time, when she announces plans to go on a round-the-world cruise with charmer Lewis Archer (Nigel Havers) following their recent reunion.

As all of Audrey's funds are tied up in the business, she asks David (Jack P Shepherd) to sign the salon back over to her, which will allow her to finance the planned holiday.

However, Soaplife reports that David and Gail are both outraged by Audrey's request - especially as they fear that Lewis is up to no good again.

Desperate to make sure that his gran doesn't get conned, David refuses to sign over the salon - sparking a huge battle of wills between the pair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

iguana wrote: »

This is the best news I have heard this year - roll on old age:cool::D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement