Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Blatter wrote: »
    What an idiot Amber is. For someone who comes across as an intelligent girl, she didn't half do the most brainless, selfish thing by having that massive party when she was supposed to be looking after here brother and sister.

If it was me, I would have kicked her out before she had the chance to storm out herself. Sunita was spot on about her btw.

Im a few episodes behind so didnt see it yet, but, Amber sort of went off to college intelligent and came back thick. She is also way more into boys and having a good time than she was. Before college she had quite a mature relationship with your man in the kebab shop. Then Dev split them up, and its like she drank and partied her brains away to spite him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

syklops wrote: »
    Im a few episodes behind so didnt see it yet, but, Amber sort of went off to college intelligent and came back thick. She is also way more into boys and having a good time than she was. Before college she had quite a mature relationship with your man in the kebab shop. Then Dev split them up, and its like she drank and partied her brains away to spite him.

That and it's practically a criminal offence on Corrie to have ambition to be anything other than a local business owner, a knicker stitcher, mechanic, waitress, bar staff or shop assistant. Even poor Deirdre who had been a councillor and later managed to sneak a few years under the radar as a civil servant had to get fired out of nowhere and end up as the doctor's receptionist. If you want something more from life you must leave the street or be a psychopath who eventually ends up dead. If you leave and come back for anything other than a brief visit, it must be as a failure.

Amber wanted to be a lawyer so that wouldn't fly at all, she had to become a drop-out if she wanted to come back. It's the same with Sophie who used to be scholarly and wanted to go to university. Her ambitious girlfriend had to go before she could become a university student and now she's an unemployed ex-shop girl, about to embark on a drug habit with returning university drop-out and drug pusher, Ryan Connor.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

And there's absolutely no money in psychopathy these days. Wonder who's going to be Corrie's next psychopath? Tyrone's maniac, I suppose. *Yawn*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Cant stand that Sunita, Dev get rid of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Cant stand that Sunita, Dev get rid of her.
    she just got rid of Dev :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Amber has Dev wrapped around her finger, but he did allow her too much freedom as-well.But he cant expect her to be his personal slave either and have her stuck in that shop most of the time.

He could have worked out something with her.

jimmyw wrote: »
    Amber has Dev wrapped around her finger, but he did allow her too much freedom as-well.But he cant expect her to be his personal slave either and have her stuck in that shop most of the time.

He could have worked out something with her.

Treats her like a slave? She's paid to work in the shop, he gave her a free flat - throwing out a paying tenant to do so, he gave her a car and a years insurance for her birthday and he paid for the university education she dropped out of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Comedy gold tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Sunita on the car, LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Sunita on the car was funny :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Dev 's a muppet:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

iguana wrote: »
    Treats her like a slave? She's paid to work in the shop, he gave her a free flat - throwing out a paying tenant to do so, he gave her a car and a years insurance for her birthday and he paid for the university education she dropped out of.

Alright Alright, will ya quit splitting hairs, feck off:D.jeez.

I dont know why the fella was getting so worked up, its only a feckin Focus:rolleyes::p

Jeez that Gail, why does she always have to interfere in her families lives, let her make her own mistakes.Carla I wouldn't allow Sally back to the factory.At the first sign of trouble she will stab her in the back:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Am i hearing things or is Betty still making Hotpots?

Am i hearing things or is Betty still making Hotpots?

Yeah, the character won't die for another few weeks. Whenever an actor dies the show generally prefers to wait about 6 months to kill the character out of respect to the actor's family. Let their grief be less raw before showing a televised funeral of the character. It can be easier on the other actors too as acting out he funeral of a character played by someone you may have been close to is too difficult right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Yeah, the character won't die for another few weeks. Whenever an actor dies the show generally prefers to wait about 6 months to kill the character out of respect to the actor's family. Let their grief be less raw before showing a televised funeral of the character. It can be easier on the other actors too as acting out he funeral of a character played by someone you may have been close to is too difficult right away.

I think her funeral will be off screen and they will just show the wake in the pub. It would be too tough on the actors, especially people like Ken, Rita, Emily etc who have known her for a long time.

Her son will be back and there will be some big secret revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lewis is going to take Audrey to the cleaners and it serves her right :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lewis is going to take Audrey to the cleaners and it serves her right :p

The wee smile that passed on Nigel Haver's face when she said "talk to my accountant". Even Lewis can't believe she's this dumb. He'll have to rip her off now just for old times sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I'm very glad I bought shares in the Bistro when Nick opened it. It must be Britain's most successful back-street restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

I must be the dumb one because i really thought Lewis was genuine this time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

CarMe wrote: »
    I must be the dumb one because i really thought Lewis was genuine this time :(

I did too briefly until it occurred to me that him fooling Audrey on the double is a far better soap plot than him being genuine.

I loved the look on Steve's face when Ken thrust his luggage at him and headed inside :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

I thought maybe Lewis was dying so wanted to make amends. Ah poor aul Audrey!
    I can't look at ken the same anymore after the actor said how he'd bedded over a thousand women, watching him slug that pint i was picturing him sleazing on the cast!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yeah, the character won't die for another few weeks. Whenever an actor dies the show generally prefers to wait about 6 months to kill the character out of respect to the actor's family.
    Did they ever explain her absence or is this the first time she's been mentioned since the actress passed away? I missed a lot of episodes a while ago so I'm not sure.
    Ah poor aul Audrey!
    I feel bad- Gail (Mrs. Bad choices!!) will be SO SMUG if he cons her again. :(
    I can't look at ken the same anymore after the actor said how he'd bedded over a thousand women, watching him slug that pint i was picturing him sleazing on the cast!
    *Shudder* :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Well in fairness to him, he is 81. Assuming he slept with the first one when he was twenty, thats 'only' 16 women per year. I am sure there are boardsies who manage to do better.

However, according to his wiki entry, he had two marriages, the second lasting from 1978 to 2009 when his wife died suddenly. I don't want to suggest he was unfaithful in either, but I am sure after the death of his wife there were hundreds of women willing to offer their support to him, both emotionally and physically. Same when he got divorced in 1974. He was already a household name by then. He probably wasn't able to move for the women offering their bosoms as support.

Use it or lose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Not sure if it was mentioned before but there will be a new arrival on the Street according to itv.com:

http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/news/thehuntforcarlasbrother/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

syklops wrote: »
    However, according to his wiki entry, he had two marriages, the second lasting from 1978 to 2009 when his wife died suddenly. I don't want to suggest he was unfaithful in either, but I am sure after the death of his wife there were hundreds of women willing to offer their support to him, both emotionally and physically. Same when he got divorced in 1974. He was already a household name by then. He probably wasn't able to move for the women offering their bosoms as support.it.
    He's already admitted to committing adultery on several occasions as far as I recall. Bold Ken. :mad:

Posy wrote: »
    Did they ever explain her absence or is this the first time she's been mentioned since the actress passed away? I missed a lot of episodes a while ago so I'm not sure.

They've briefly mentioned her a couple of times. Either that she's called in sick as she has flu or that she was in that morning making hotpots. Apparently the character will die next month, as Lizt said, they won't film a funeral but will have a bit of a 'wake' in The Rovers after she is buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

hollypink wrote: »
    I did too briefly until it occurred to me that him fooling Audrey on the double is a far better soap plot than him being genuine.

I loved the look on Steve's face when Ken thrust his luggage at him and headed inside :D

So Steve and Ken are best buddies now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Kind of scary when Tracy starts talking sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i was thinking the same! i was like you go girl, then i realised who it was i was backing! :eek:

poor Eileen though! :(

• Advertisement

And twice in one episode as well, when she helped Steve make Ken and Deirdre talk to each other.

Is she pregnant in real life? That top she was wearing had a real maternity look to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement