Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

lewis killed frank in a lovers rage :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

jimmyw wrote: »
    I'm still going with Jenny.

Jenny was conspicuous in her absence. Surely she had planned to spend the night with Frank? Why wasn't she at the factory in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

the contract is gone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Guess who's getting married in the morning.

In the police interview room, Carla is daunted as the evidence mounts against her. She's asked to explain why her prints are on the whisky bottle and why the contract she signed is missing. Carla has no idea about the contract, but admits that she took the bottle off Peter the night Frank was killed. She had the bottle with her when she confronted him at the factory, but she left it there.

Back on the street, the police search the bookies' flat for the missing contract. Finding no trace of it, the police are frustrated and, without concrete proof, Carla's released on bail.

Over at the factory, Anne fumes as Michelle calls the girls in and takes control, claiming that with no contract Carla still owns 60% of the business and there's work to be done. When Carla then walks in, Anne's disgusted and demands to know where the contract is. A row breaks out and Michelle is forced to guide Carla away - the contract is safe and she knows who has it!

Michelle reveals that she returned to the factory on the night of Frank's murder and stole the contract. Realising this puts Michelle at the scene of the crime when Frank died, Carla assures Michelle that the police won't find out if she destroys the contract. However, as Carla sets fire to the paperwork, Peter walks in and worries. Did she kill Frank to get her hands on the contract?

As Carla realises that Peter suspects her too, she breaks down - convinced the police are trying to pin this on her and she'd die in prison. Promising he won't let that happen, Peter decides to take matters into his own hands.

Meanwhile, the police come calling for Kevin when it's revealed that the brakes on Frank's car were faulty after going to the garage to have them fixed. Does this put Kevin in the frame?

• Advertisement

Carla is at Number 1 looking for Peter when they get the call to say that he has confessed to killing Frank. As Carla reels, fearing she's ruined Peter's life, Peter is questioned about his story. He claims that after leaving the Bistro he went to the factory, rowed with Frank then hit him with the whisky bottle. He adds that he left Frank unconscious, then went out and drunk himself senseless.

As the detectives go to verify Peter's story, news of his confession spreads. Leanne is angry that Peter could do this to his son and dreads telling Simon. But having cross-referenced his story, will the police charge Peter?

As Peter appears in court charged with murder, he's remanded in custody. Struggling to make sense of it all, Carla visits Peter and is shocked to realise that Peter doesn't remember killing Frank but confessed as he thought he was saving her.

Back on the street, no-one has seen Anne. Worried, Sally calls at the house, where she finds a broken Anne going through Frank's belongings. Something is missing but Sally can't put her finger on it.

Leanne is also confused when she bumps into Howard, Peter's mentor from the support group. Howard reveals that Peter turned up at his house drunk on the night Frank was killed. Leanne reels, realising Peter has an alibi - he's innocent. Furious that he'd lie to save Carla at the expense of his son, will Leanne go to the police?

Spoliers for the next week

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Kevin being a suspect is just silly he doesn't have it in him and if they are claiming he did something to Franks car then Tyrone will tell them that Frank took the car from the garage before the service was finished. At least I think he took it, when he was complaining to Tyrone that Kevin was in the Rovers when he was meant to be working on his car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Watching tonights episodes, I see a new storyline evolving. When Ann said to Sally I won't have any grandchildren", Sally seemed to empathise more that sympathise. Can you imagine if Sally was pregnant with Franks baby, knowing what she now knows - Oh the drama:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Cirque Du Freak

Michelle was acting very shifty when she seen the police outside the factory, it was her who stole the contract when she wanted a minute to clear out her stuff from the office. -Or it could be Jenny who killed him because she thought she would have the factory to herself!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

cofy wrote: »
    Watching tonights episodes, I see a new storyline evolving. When Ann said to Sally I won't have any grandchildren", Sally seemed to empathise more that sympathise. Can you imagine if Sally was pregnant with Franks baby, knowing what she now knows - Oh the drama:eek:
    I would hope that sally had the hot sweats a few years back. If she's pregnant ill actually vomit. Can you imagine a mixture of dozy rosie and frank the plank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

I don't understand how someone hasn't rammed that sweeping brush up Norris's a*se by now!:mad:

I mean, in all fairness, if he lived around here, NO-ONE would associate with such a nosey pr*ck - except like minded goms, but none of his crowd are like that (ok that dose Mary is the exception) - I just don't get how someone who revels in such complete schadenfreude gets away with it.
    If the writers are looking to replace Blanche, they're going the wrong way about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I wish I had a magical cupboard like Peter has, or a magical handbag like Carla has which will produce a half bottle of whiskey when ever you open it.

I would hope that sally had the hot sweats a few years back. If she's pregnant ill actually vomit. Can you imagine a mixture of dozy rosie and frank the plank

I have just checked out the age of the character Sally, she first appeared as a teenager in 1986 so at the most she would be 45/46 years old, so between this and the cancer it is unlikely, that she would be pregnant.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

I have just checked out the age of the character Sally, she first appeared as a teenager in 1986 so at the most she would be 45/46 years old, so between this and the cancer it is unlikely, that she would be pregnant.:o
    Oh thank god for that. She's bad enough everyday, throw in hormones, swollen ankles and the fact she's carrying an evil sprog and id have to forward in every scene with her in it for 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I'm really made up for Rita that she found happiness at her age, lets hope it works out for her. At least Dennis Tanner is no psycho like Alan Bradley. Lets hope the writers don't ruin it by making her life a misery.

Looks like Jenny to me, she has disappeared, though I don't think she had any involvement in the ownership of the factory. I reckon she saw Frank for what he was when he bluffed Carla into signing the contract and the way he ditched Sally and his mother.

Sally or Michelle found the contract and destroyed it to save the jobs.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I felt really sorry for Norris last night. He's been in love with Rita for years and years. Seeing her so happy engaged to Dennis would have been heartbreaking for him. Rita and Emily could have shown a tad more sensitivity.

Its still in the realms of possibility for a soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

One other thing. Sean and Julie walk in on Sally kneeling over Frank and she had quite literally blood on her hands. So why haven't the cops questioned her? :rolleyes:

I doubt Sally is pregnant, they would have to bring in the story of her raising a child for the next 20 years and that's a bit stretched. They gave Kevin the story of a kid with Molly, now we never see the little sprog.

bijapos wrote: »
    One other thing. Sean and Julie walk in on Sally kneeling over Frank and she had quite literally blood on her hands. So why haven't the cops questioned her? :rolleyes:

They have. Twice.

bijapos wrote: »
    I doubt Sally is pregnant, they would have to bring in the story of her raising a child for the next 20 years and that's a bit stretched. They gave Kevin the story of a kid with Molly, now we never see the little sprog.

That actually makes me think she might be pregnant. The main reason Sally won't take Kevin back is because of Jack. He's a constant reminder of his infidelity and raising the child of the woman who shagged your husband behind your back would take a very rare person. But if Sally has a baby by someone else and Kevin accepted that baby as his own then Sally could accept Jack without feeling like a fool.

They could get back together and raise the babies as a family and there would be tonnes of drama and stories to be squeezed out of it for the next 30 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

In the highly likely event that the Corrie writers constantly monitor this thread for bright ideas, I think you could be on to something here. The Webster household would be revitalised. :D
    I've often suspected that one or more of our regular contributors could be incognito writers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

iguana wrote: »
    I felt really sorry for Norris last night. He's been in love with Rita for years and years. Seeing her so happy engaged to Dennis would have been heartbreaking for him. Rita and Emily could have shown a tad more sensitivity.
    I never feel sorry for Norris. Maybe Rita would like him more if he wasn't so vile!

Posy wrote: »
    I never feel sorry for Norris. Maybe Rita would like him more if he wasn't so vile!

Right on, Posy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Never liked Norris, he's nasty and I never saw the funny side to him. I reckon he has a cheek calling Dennis a sponger considering he only has shares in the Kabin because Rita gave them to him. Ok, maybe she subsides Dennis but he seems to love her. All she gets from Norris is grief and he never expresses any thanks for giving him half her business.

jos28 wrote: »
    Never liked Norris, he's nasty and I never saw the funny side to him. I reckon he has a cheek calling Dennis a sponger considering he only has shares in the Kabin because Rita gave them to him. Ok, maybe she subsides Dennis but he seems to love her. All she gets from Norris is grief and he never expresses any thanks for giving him half her business.

Norris owns the Kabin completely, Rita just works for him. Rita sold him 15% of the business a good while back so it could be his pension but after Ramsey died Rita decided to retire and Norris bought the whole shop from her. Rita never gave him any shares for free. A few months after she retired she realised she missed the shop so Norris hired her back even though he didn't actually need any staff.

I just can't feel an sympathy for him, Iguana. When he first arrived he was a likable if irritating buffoon type who played very well off Derek & Mavis. But lately, he's an interfering nasty little man without any redeming features whatsoever.
    And as for Rita working in the Kabin - I guess if she didn't no-one would go in to be sniped at by Norris.

Like I said, he's no Blanche replacement and for the love of God - PLEASE Corrie writers GET RID OF MARY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I thought Roy's mum was meant to be the Blanche replacement?

The actor who plays Norris Cole first appeared in Coronation Street in the 1970's as Mavis Reilly's Spanish lover:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

iguana wrote: »
    Norris owns the Kabin completely, Rita just works for him. Rita sold him 15% of the business a good while back so it could be his pension but after Ramsey died Rita decided to retire and Norris bought the whole shop from her. Rita never gave him any shares for free. A few months after she retired she realised she missed the shop so Norris hired her back even though he didn't actually need any staff.

Thanks Iguana, the oul memory is not what it should be ! I really thought Rita gave him shares for free but obviously not. Still don't like him though :D

• Advertisement

I'll always be fond of him for being responsible for a comedy storyline so classic even French whimsical romance movies couldn't help but steal it.

Here from 1.25 and again from 3.07.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement