Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

You know what always bugged me; the 4th Archstone, the broken one. That would've been perfect for a DLC.

I always really liked that, actually. It sort of said 'Things are really broken, past saving'. Depressed the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Polar101

I thought I'd try Demon's Souls instead of Dark Souls first. But it seems to be a bit hard to find now, any shops that still stock it? I prefer brick & mortar stores over online as I'd like to play it this weekend if possible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Polar101 wrote: »
    I thought I'd try Demon's Souls instead of Dark Souls first. But it seems to be a bit hard to find now, any shops that still stock it? I prefer brick & mortar stores over online as I'd like to play it this weekend if possible.

It's not the kind of game that gets traded in too often. It's a keeper, imo.
    I've only ever seen one copy in the pre-owned section.
    If you really want it, online is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Polar101 wrote: »

I have a second copy (korean) it really doesn't make a difference though as others from here can atest to. The translations for some of the hints are slightly off, not that they're wrong or anything just kind of 'off'. PM me if interested and we can sort something out. I'm in Dublin city tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,275 ✭✭✭✭noodler

And I have the US Deluxe Edition but I am never selling it!

• Advertisement

Dirty Colossus dispatched:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

just started from scatch.should i upgrade the basic sword and shield you start with as a knight?

@ the person above i had problems finding the ganme in a bricks and mortar store a year after release.had to order it in

Any hints for Garl Vinland, Maiden Astraca's bodyguard. I'd like to try and kill him first.

Scratch that piece if p!ss. One other problem though before i got to him i fell off the ledge into the lake and got killed by the baby thingys. So i have 50000 souls on the far side of the lake should i just forget about them? Obviously there is other items there to consider.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Any hints for Garl Vinland, Maiden Astraca's bodyguard. I'd like to try and kill him first.

Scratch that piece if p!ss. One other problem though before i got to him i fell off the ledge into the lake and got killed by the baby thingys. So i have 50000 souls on the far side of the lake should i just forget about them? Obviously there is other items there to consider.

I always avoided that lake......
    like the plague
    ...see what I did there.:pac:
    If you have 4-3 opened up and PBWT you'll can farm for some serious souls, making that 50K seem like a pittance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

The phantom edition is for sale upstairs in hmw in cork 40 euro

• Advertisement

Just finished two years after I bought it.

Beat 5-3 tonight (loved the music with the whole Atrascia scenario).

Then I finally bested Flase King using my super roll which makes you invincible.

I forgot to go fight Doran tho - so I guess I have no museum key in New Game + and would have to complete world 1 again so feck that,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

made good progress today,got my starting sword up to plus 5 and beat phalanx,armoured spider and the tower knight.

just trying the tower of latria now and its a pain in the ass-****ing iffy target selection is p1ssing me off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just got past the armoured spider boss. Whats my best route now????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I ordered this from the states over a year ago or so (prior to the EU version being announced of course). Played it for a good few hours, killed a few demons etc, then just stopped playing.
    Once I started reading about Dark Souls, I got back in to it again. Way more than before, killed about 5/6 more Demons including Archdemons (who in my mind, actually seem to be easier)
    Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind last year, not that I didn't like it then, but I didn't nearly appreciate it as much as now. Won't be getting Dark Souls until I top this one off, just tackling 1-4 now (stupid Blue Dragon... we'll see!!!)
    Still haven't touched 5-1 as I think it was around then that I stopped playing last year.
    I think I've been practically using the same winged spear since day one, so may try mix things up a little.

Monologue over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Glebee wrote: »

I went for 2-2. Flamelurker is next I believe. There's even a cheeky shortcut to him if you're not afraid of falling from great heights!

I went for 2-2. Flamelurker is next I believe. There's even a cheeky shortcut to him if you're not afraid of falling from great heights!

As suggested, I would do this area next.
    The Flamelurker drops a valuable treasure.

I started new game plus this morning and it appears Atlus US are keeping world tendency white until Oct 17th (then after this they are going all black). So I started 1-1 and killed Matilda but for some reason the Dragons were still present in 1-1.

Anyway, can anyone recommend anything else to do for this new game now that the world tendencey is 100% white? Only done 1-1 so far.

I cannot kill crystal lizards for the life of me.

They either get away or they require too many hits.

Even when I know where to look.

noodler wrote: »
    I started new game plus this morning and it appears Atlus US are keeping world tendency white until Oct 17th (then after this they are going all black).

Anybody able to explain what this means. Have seen tendency talked about but have no idea what it is.

1-3 right at the beginning in the corner of the area where you kill the two dogs. The gate in the right hand corner, i can't seem to open it. I've been around the whole section opened the bigger gate, so now have the shortcut to the boss sorted. I have the set of iron keys,but the gate won't open. I think it leads to the dungeon.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

The fat minister in 1-3 behind the portcullis drops a key, btw take his hat as well, that key opens up the door on the groundfloor of the tower beofre the tower knight, go down there there's some loot and the key to that gate.

Anybody able to explain what this means. Have seen tendency talked about but have no idea what it is.

Its a bit like the particular world's karma. You turn it black by dieing or killing NPCs but you can turn it white by killing Demons.

Enemies are weaker when it is white, stronger when it is black.

Also, and most interestingly, there are certain events that happen only when WT is all white or all black (certain enemies show up, certain doors become unlockec etc etc)

Actually to confuse him all together, killing npc's doesn't affect world tendency but it does affect your character tendency.

Pretty much what noodler said, also at pure black, certain black phantom characters show up(basically evil versions of npcs), possibly the toughest enemies in the game that drop unique weapons, some of those weapons are not attainable any other way. Plus add in black phantom enemies, tough but have a huge soul yield. Pretty sure the BP dual katana skeleton in 4-2 gives about 70K souls.

But there is no Fat Minister. Or at least one that i can see.

The only FM i remember from this level is the one i shot on the stairs leading up to the boss,the one that then ran away. Although it has been some time since i've played this so could have well forgotten. Is it possible that i messed up opening that gate by leaving the world without picking up the ministers keys or hat.

Although according to the wiki i have the keys that i need.

Cheers guys, That helps a bit. Really enjoying this game now. Had bought it ages ago but gave it on it because of difficulty.

Only came back to it last week and I must say its well work it.
    Should I put all souls collected at the moment to increase my stats

But there is no Fat Minister. Or at least one that i can see.

The only FM i remember from this level is the one i shot on the stairs leading up to the boss,the one that then ran away. Although it has been some time since i've played this so could have well forgotten. Is it possible that i messed up opening that gate by leaving the world without picking up the ministers keys or hat.

Firstly it's possible to miss that minister, did you open the portcullis that he initially closed?, there's an FM just before there guarding it. If you've done that, have you opened the door before the tower knight area, Biorr is there.

Cheers guys, That helps a bit. Really enjoying this game now. Had bought it ages ago but gave it on it because of difficulty.

Only came back to it last week and I must say its well work it.
    Should I put all souls collected at the moment to increase my stats

I think there are far better players than me on this thread but in early days I would maybe but the stats into Strength in case you come across weapons you need but cannot use because you are not the required level.

Yeah increase stats, there's nothing really worth buyng apart from arrows, you can find pretty much find all the weapons\armour\rings around the areas anyways.

Before you attack that FM, go back along the main road you are on and turn left, the FM with the keys/hat is there.
    Open the gate to give you a shortcut back through that level.

• Advertisement

I'll have to have another look again this evening. As i said i have opened the large gate and rescued the NPC again (forget his name at the moment) and he gave me the clear stone. If i understand you fingers the FM should be around the road down to the large gate?

Advertisement