Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Kiith wrote: »
    I remember well the start of Demons Souls. The bloody dragon on the bridge, and old Red Eyes. Many a restart due to that duo.

Boletaria castle was most excellent. The third level was my favourite. Wave after wave of knights!

I'm not sure if it'd feel a bit dated after Dark Souls though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

"There's no way i'm buying this a fourth time", he says in denial.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,926 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"There's no way i'm buying this a fourth time", he says in denial.

It's your White Ladder?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,325 ✭✭✭✭noodler

penev10 wrote: »
    Boletaria castle was most excellent. The third level was my favourite. Wave after wave of knights!

I'm not sure if it'd feel a bit dated after Dark Souls though.

My main problem with the game was it peaked with the Castle levels in World 1.

I couldn't really go back to it now. Online was messy, upgrade system was a joke, magic system fairly broken, invincible when rolling (which I loved at the time!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

noodler wrote: »
    My main problem with the game was it peaked with the Castle levels in World 1.

I couldn't really go back to it now. Online was messy, upgrade system was a joke, magic system fairly broken, invincible when rolling (which I loved at the time!).

I think you're being a bit harsh. The net code was messy but so is Darks, it hasn't improved much to be fair. The upgrade system I had no problems with and I think worked quite well. Drop rates were a bit harsh sometimes but again not a massive issue. Invincible frames when rolling are in Dark Souls too but they got the armour side of things very wrong. There is absolutely no reason to wear heavy armour, it's only a burden!

I think the game still holds up great. It doesn't have the polish of Dark but anyone that enjoyed Dark should really enjoy Demon's also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Demon’s Souls creator Hidetaka Miyazaki looks back at the making of an RPG classic ahead of tomorrow’s PSN release:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/22/demons-souls-creator-looks-back-at-the-making-of-an-rpg-classic/

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU

• Registered Users Posts: 20,255 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

F1ngers wrote: »

out tomorrow ? very good, I did not think the store changed till Thursdays. Looking forward to playing this.

2smiggy wrote: »
    out tomorrow ? very good, I did not think the store changed till Thursdays. Looking forward to playing this.

Update has been on wednesdays for as long as I remember.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Update has been on wednesdays for as long as I remember.

oh right ! I had it in my head that it was Thursdays for some reason. Wednesday is all the better !

Was just having a sneaky look at the demons souls wikidot at work.

Is there any particular class to pick and route to take ? Any other hints from your own experiences to make it a bit easier.

With the possible influx of new players , will I be cannon fodder for invading ? :pac:

• Advertisement

Is there any particular class to pick and route to take ? Any other hints from your own experiences to make it a bit easier.

With the possible influx of new players , will I be cannon fodder for invading ? :pac:

One quick route to success is pick the Royal Class (well-balanced magic user with mana regen from the off!), after you finish 1-1 go straight to 4-1, run past all the skeletons and there's an easy enough route (look on the wiki) to a Magic Falchion!

If you pick a female character you can get a bracelet which add 20% to souls collected. You'll find it on 3-1 which can be accessed after you beat 1-1.

Same as dark souls really when it comes to characters, the one at the start will be very different from an hour or so into the game. And what penev said, royal class is easiest to start you start with spells and the class starts at SL1 so you can spread points around more. Female and Male chars do make a difference though, there's certain items(only a few) that can be worn by a specific sex. the bracelet like penev said for females but you've the old kings armour which is the best light amrour and fire defense in the game but can only be worn by males. There's a few other but nothing significant.

It's cheap but i found a decent bow makes the game a hell of alot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,625 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Had this before but gave up during 1-1 (stupid dragon on the bridge!) Anyway, gonna give it another go. Am I right saying the online is completely gone so no more invading, leaving messages, etc?

Also, I tried being a Roal last time as it was highly recommended but I prefer the hack and slash. Any recommend a good Knight build to start off?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Had this before but gave up during 1-1 (stupid dragon on the bridge!) Anyway, gonna give it another go. Am I right saying the online is completely gone so no more invading, leaving messages, etc?

Also, I tried being a Roal last time as it was highly recommended but I prefer the hack and slash. Any recommend a good Knight build to start off?

The Dragon is on 1-2. If you;ve beaten 1-1 you can access any of the other x-1 levels iirc.

Templar (Temple Knight?) is a good starting class for melee. I think it might begin with a heal miracle too.

Thanks Man, will check out Templar Knight. No, I'm prety sure I never passed 1-1. There was a bridge that a dragon swoops down on. I couldn never make it over the bridge before the dragon came back. Someone is Dark Souls thread said to remove some armour and sprint so will try that.

Also, if I get half way through a level and have to turn off the PS3, when I load back up, will I be close to the same point or be back at the start of the level?

Thanks Man, will check out Templar Knight. No, I'm prety sure I never passed 1-1. There was a bridge that a dragon swoops down on. I couldn never make it over the bridge before the dragon came back. Someone is Dark Souls thread said to remove some armour and sprint so will try that.

Also, if I get half way through a level and have to turn off the PS3, when I load back up, will I be close to the same point or be back at the start of the level?

Wherever you quit from that's where you'll resume from. Every time you enter a menu it does a little auto-save.

On the dragon bit you can run up and back until you get a sense of the furthest safe spot - I think it's behind a cart. Once you sprint from there right after the dragon's flames go you can make it to the top no problem.

i went with royal, passed 1-1 and 1-2 fairly handy. will go for 3-1 or 4-1 next ? any recommendations ?

as the royal with magic regen, you call kill the dragon on 1-2 from underneath the tower you get to after sprinting past when he does his first flame flyover. a bit cheap (like dragon for drakes sword) but i did not mind.

after getting ni no kuni and don't have much time this weekend between the rugby and nfl and drinking so maybe next monday when i get back to demons souls

i went with royal, passed 1-1 and 1-2 fairly handy. will go for 3-1 or 4-1 next ? any recommendations ?
    I think you're better off getting the Magic Falchion on 4-1 first. It's easier to get to than the silver bracelet on 3-1 and it will up your attack significantly. IF you're good at parrying then the skeletons on 4-1 will be no bother otherwise just let them roll at you and leg it past them. I think the Falchion is on a ledge to the left hand side of the battlements guarded by a fearsome uber-skeleton.

I think you're better off getting the Magic Falchion on 4-1 first. It's easier to get to than the silver bracelet on 3-1 and it will up your attack significantly. IF you're good at parrying then the skeletons on 4-1 will be no bother otherwise just let them roll at you and leg it past them. I think the Falchion is on a ledge to the left hand side of the battlements guarded by a fearsome uber-skeleton.

i'm in human form at the moment, is it worth just legging it and dying to get the sword ? it seems alot less online activity and alot less of the humanity equivalent.

i'm in human form at the moment, is it worth just legging it and dying to get the sword ? it seems alot less online activity and alot less of the humanity equivalent.

If you do get the sword you can just drop off the ledge and you're quite close to the warp back to the hub. The ninja skeleton will probably have you in several pieces before you get the chance though! I seem to remember there being some really nasty skeletons on that level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, i got back to Dark souls today. dunno why i stoped playing. must have been distracted by something...

anyway. Syth, the bastard. I still cant put my finger on that fight and see the rotation and safe spots. I think he even recovered his life at one stage. I am 2h-heavy armor setup. I am trying to keep on his sides and out of his front, but his crystal attack is as random as ****. Few times now he just went hip**** on my with his tantacles and if i get hit once, then i just get chain ****ed even before i am able to stand up.

any tips? Does not look like to be a hard boss, i presume i am just a bit rusty...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

lol wrong thread

So, gave this another go last night. Went with the Knight class as I liked his sword, shield and armour. I gave up last time after dragon on the bridge in 1-1 kept killing me. I get to the bridge this time and leg it across the bridge only to get stuck in some guards and they killed me. Luckily I had a shortcut open so didn't take me long to get back to the same point. Took off all my armour and legged/rolled my way to the other side HUZZZAAAHH and then realised my blood stain was half way back on the bridge. Anyway, got my souls back and took on the Phalanx destroying him with my fiery sword!

I went back to the Nexus for a nap.

A lot of games lately had me finishing a gaming session thinking I have accomplished nothing in that 1-2 hours but just clearing the first level felt like I beat the game, brilliant!

Now, am I right in saying that 1-2 starts where you killed the Phalanx? After I killed him I went on a bit and saw more enemies so I just went back to the Nexus. Is there more to do in 1-1 after the boss battle?

Now, am I right in saying that 1-2 starts where you killed the Phalanx? After I killed him I went on a bit and saw more enemies so I just went back to the Nexus. Is there more to do in 1-1 after the boss battle?

Yep, but it all depends on the world tendency, at pure black\white the gate at the start(down the steps to the left) opens.

Yep, but it all depends on the world tendency, at pure black\white the gate at the start(down the steps to the left) opens.

Ah Okay, so I should go onto maybe 2-1 next but down the line, I could go back to 1-1 to get to new areas (and kill those [EMAIL="b@stard"]b@stard[/EMAIL] dragons!)

Can only kill the red one in 1-2, blue in 1-4. You'll need a wagon of arrows to kill both.

Ah I thought I could sneak up on them in 1-1 where bluey sleeps because of the amount of treasure they have. I guess that will be up for the taking if I beat em in their own levels.

At Pure White the dragon is no longer there guarding the treasure also.

I'd plough on into 1-2 and 1-3.

I'd plough on into 1-2 and 1-3.

Really? I'm reading to do 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, etc first. hhhmmm. Crappy Internet where I am at the moment so have to play in offline mode. Crap not have messages strewn around.

Edit:

Also, collecting unknown, soldier, hero souls. Should I use them straight away to get the souls or keep them until I go back to the nexus in case I die and lose all my souls, I will still have some in reserve from these items?

• Advertisement

Also, collecting unknown, soldier, hero souls. Should I use them straight away to get the souls or keep them until I go back to the nexus in case I die and lose all my souls, I will still have some in reserve from these items?

When you have enough to level up, consume them.

I remember my first couple of playthroughs and collecting all these souls and not knowing what to do with them, ie trade them in or whatever.

I then read that you consume them to level up, well, the amount of souls I had was unbelievable - levelled up a few levels, was a nice surprise.

Advertisement