Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Went in to get this, it's 30 euro 2nd hand in xtravision :eek: and GS didn't have it but dark souls was 30 2nd hand so demon's would prob be about 20.

Its 16 euro new on The Hut but I want the game now or tomorrow, could be waiting a while for the hut. Anyone see this around in shops for under 20 euro?

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/15884378/Demon-Souls/Product.html?searchstring=demon%27s+souls&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

Only €17.49 and you will have it in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Razleavy wrote: »
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Went in to get this, it's 30 euro 2nd hand in xtravision :eek: and GS didn't have it but dark souls was 30 2nd hand so demon's would prob be about 20.

Its 16 euro new on The Hut but I want the game now or tomorrow, could be waiting a while for the hut. Anyone see this around in shops for under 20 euro?

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/15884378/Demon-Souls/Product.html?searchstring=demon%27s+souls&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

Only €17.49 and you will have it in a week.

I looked that up but im sure it said 15 working days.

gs have one copy for 35 euro 2nd hand so ya must be rare if it's dearer than dark souls. Was hoping to get today our tomorrow so will keep checking with shops before getting online

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The last item I ordered from Play took two months to arrive. Apparently they think Dublin is in Bulgaria.

Needless to say I haven't shopped there since. Cheap they may be....but I'd rather pay more and get my games before I'm 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

Have purchased 69 (lol) items between myself and my brother from Play.com, of that 69 only one never arrived (it was replaced) and all the other items have arrived in 7-8 days.

Sorted, getting a loan of it off one of the lads tomorrow. Will keep me going til I get a copy of it. Thanks lads, can't wait to lash into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Glebee

Kirby wrote: »
    The last item I ordered from Play took two months to arrive. Apparently they think Dublin is in Bulgaria.

Needless to say I haven't shopped there since. Cheap they may be....but I'd rather pay more and get my games before I'm 60.

I remember I got something from Play.com and it came to me via Bangkok.
    A same bit out of the way I suppose. Thats the only time ive had a problem with them.

Must give this game another try, was really enjoying it up until that damn manhunter boss which I could never beat and made me give up:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Glebee wrote: »
    Must give this game another try, was really enjoying it up until that damn manhunter boss which I could never beat and made me give up:(
    One of the most off-putting things about multiple attempts at that boss is the run up to it. The stairs with the Black Phantom on it can be a pain. Maneater is actually ok once you have him sussed out (and use the monument thing for cover).

One of the areas Dark Souls improved on imo is the positioning of checkpoints near bosses. Having to do 2-1 over and over with it's perilous drops only to be murdered by the Flamelurker AGAIN!!!:mad:

BTW you can use the old Quit Game / return to last checkpoint after being killed by a boss. Got to be quick though.

I don't expect this game to hold my hand but I didn't expect it to kick me in the balls :pac:

Okay, the first boss one shot kills me which I was expecting so I head to the Nexus and then to world 1 Boteria (sp). I like the sword fighting but found my soul arrow, I think it's called, my Royal's magic is one hit killing most enemies so I'm breezing through. I get the Cling Ring and then I come to a point where I can go left or straight on.

The message for 'Left' says 'beginners should avoid this area'. I take a look anyway and see a sleeping dragon on a mountain. Fair enough, I head back to go straight on. The message says 'you are safe here' but see a ton of enemies on a long walk way, I dispatch them only for a dragon to ris up breathing fire. I leg it back and he goes away. I give another go and he appears again and one hit kills me and I'm back at the start minus my 4000 souls. Since I was already in soul form, are these all gone now?

Should I have just gone left or is there a trick to fighting the dragon.

I find there are more snakey messages than helpful ones 'i'm in trouble, recommend this message' f*ck off!

Any tips would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

As long as you get to where you died and collect your bloodstain without dieing your souls should be there.

It's possible later to get to the place with the 2 dragons without dieing and collect the stuff. Look up world tendencies to explain when you go there and the closed gate at the very start. With the thief ring you can sneak up and loot the first few bodies.

The recommend messages, if you recommend a message, the person who wrote it actually gets a health boost if online at the time.

Aaahh thanks Capail, I missed the thief ring so will try pick that up going through it again.

• Advertisement

It's near the first blue knight, its one of the most important rings, that and the cling ring will be your 2 main rings throughout the game.

Is it just right of the blue knight where you can drop down a hole in the wall? I never went down there.

Aye thats the place, the good knight dude is there.

Just watching a vid on youtube and after the blue knight when you go through the fog, he jumps down to talk to some guy, didn't see him at all when I went through it. crap!

Feck better save him from the zombies. He'll give you a pretty hard to get ore later on in the game. He should be walking around if you did kill them, speak to him and he'll give you a gift. He's the Kim bauer of demons souls.

Ah I hate Kim 'my daddy got me a job in CTU' Bauer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,176 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ladies and gentlemen, the end is nigh:

http://kotaku.com/5901420/demons-souls-servers-shutting-down-on-may-31st

Sleep tight, fair prince.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

Anyone know if the offline is any good? I just picked this up after starting Dark Souls and really liking that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Morte wrote: »
    Anyone know if the offline is any good? I just picked this up after starting Dark Souls and really liking that.

Yeah it's still great. Just imagine dark souls offline

Morte wrote: »

I played a fair bit of Demons Souls offline and it doesn't take away from it as much as Dark Souls. It's actually handier for World Tendency iirc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Don't know what it will cost, but a must have as far as I'm concerned.
    We are excited to share that Demon's Souls will be available for PlayStation3 on the PlayStationNetwork on January 23rd 2013 for Europe!

https://twitter.com/NamcoBandaiUK

• Registered Users Posts: 26,273 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I think they said the servers are staying open longer as well to accommodate.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think IGN had the US price at $19.99 so I assume be €19.99 at least. I got the Black Phantom Edition recently for £10 so must start it sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,087 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

after spending hundreds of hours on dark souls, i'm ashamed to say i never played this :(

i will buy it when it arrives on the PSN , does it feel like a backwards step from dark souls though ?

2smiggy wrote: »
    after spending hundreds of hours on dark souls, i'm ashamed to say i never played this :(

i will buy it when it arrives on the PSN , does it feel like a backwards step from dark souls though ?

In some ways yes but in the basic mechanics definitely not. You won't regret buying it - some of the levels are fantastic and easily as good as most of the Dark Souls areas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

only wish this came out for xbox360 id buy it without thinking twice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I have fonder memories of Demon's but I think that stems from the fact it was so new and I knew little about it when I shipped it in.

I still love it to bits and spent a crazy amount of time on it, even more so than Dark. It is most definitely worth a play through if you haven't done so yet. The core mechanics are the same as is the character progression but weapon upgrades and other such mechanics are handled differently.

It has some amazing areas and imo has even better atmosphere than Dark does which is saying something!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,087 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

is the online much the same ? without the summoning in dark souls i might not have stuck with it !! i knew nothing about summoning , only found out after dying on the gargoyles about 15 times and went to the guides for help !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I remember well the start of Demons Souls. The bloody dragon on the bridge, and old Red Eyes. Many a restart due to that duo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

2smiggy wrote: »
    is the online much the same ? without the summoning in dark souls i might not have stuck with it !! i knew nothing about summoning , only found out after dying on the gargoyles about 15 times and went to the guides for help !

Online is the very same minus the covenants. Messages, blood stains, invading and summoning are all there.

With the release on PSN I would expect a nice influx of Dark players who have never played Demon's also so it should be nice and active I'd guess!

Advertisement