Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

That's Ostrava, if you opened the gate, you must have the key to free biorr then, the other key is there, its on another fat minister in thebiorr prison.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

weiland79 wrote: »
    I'll have to have another look again this evening. As i said i have opened the large gate and rescued the NPC again (forget his name at the moment) and he gave me the clear stone. If i understand you fingers the FM should be around the road down to the large gate?

There are 3 FM. The first is just past the imperial spies on the stairs, there are a few archers with him - he gives you the keys used to open the prison to Biorr.
    The second gives you the hat - he's at the big gate.
    The third, in the prison with Biorr gives you the keys to release Yuria.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,273 ✭✭✭✭noodler

F1ngers wrote: »
    There are 3 FM. The first is just past the imperial spies on the stairs, there are a few archers with him - he gives you the keys used to open the prison to Biorr.
    The second gives you the hat - he's at the big gate.
    The third, in the prison with Biorr gives you the keys to release Yuria.

I finished 1-1 in new game + but I want the Monoselieum Key now.

Is there any real downside to killing Ostrava now? I would have gotten the items from in the previous playthrough.

noodler wrote: »
    I finished 1-1 in new game + but I want the Monoselieum Key now.

Is there any real downside to killing Ostrava now? I would have gotten the items from in the previous playthrough.

No, take him out as soon as you want.

F1ngers wrote: »
    No, take him out as soon as you want.

Lovely jubly.

Fecking Dark Souls arrived today but now I am thinking I should spen longer on Demons Souls killing Black Phantoms etc.

I won't though - want to play this whilst it is most popular.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Lovely jubly.

Fecking Dark Souls arrived today but now I am thinking I should spen longer on Demons Souls killing Black Phantoms etc.

I won't though - want to play this whilst it is most popular.

As much as I love Demon's Souls(and I do), Dark Souls just improves on it immensly in every aspect.
    Dark Souls is the best game ever, imo. Demon's Souls is not far behind.

Well thats annoying, Ostravia is nowhere to be seen in 1-2. I defo saved him in 1-1 (got the telescope).

Went to check 1-3 but tower knight gave me what for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Two bosses left i think, Old Monk and Old King Doran. Doran i have sussed but any hints for The Old Monk.

Two bosses left i think, Old Monk and Old King Doran. Doran i have sussed but any hints for The Old Monk.

The Old Monk can be an interesting fight, as someone can invade your world as the Old Monk and fight you.
    He can be taken fairly easily by melee or magic, if played offline - much harder if you are invaded(was for me anyway).
    My last playthrough I used the cleaver 2-handed - 3-4 hits to take him down.

How do i physically give Black smith Ed The Storm Demons soul to make the morion blade?

Got it!

• Advertisement

Just finished my 3rd play-through of this, unbelievable game!

Dark Souls here I come.... :D

Just finished my 3rd play-through of this, unbelievable game!

Dark Souls here I come.... :D

Must not start before i finish 1st play through of Demons souls. But it's staring at me from the shelf all the time.

Must not start before i finish 1st play through of Demons souls. But it's staring at me from the shelf all the time.

Go for it :D Only joking it'll be worth finishing Demons Souls first..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Glebee

Im so glad i gave this game another go after giving up on it because of difficulty first time around. Its really a classic...

That Manhunter boss is an absolute nightmare. Want to throw tv out the window.............................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Glebee wrote: »
    That Manhunter boss is an absolute nightmare. Want to throw tv out the window.............................
    I found if you go to where the circular obstace is (is it a fountain or a pyre or soemhting - been ages since I played it) and keep him on the opposite side you can eaily take him with a ranged strategy; if you're pure melee you can keep him at arms reach and time your attacks better.

Other you could just go cheap and flamestorm him whilst you have warding cast on yourself :P I did that on NG+

Is warding a decent defensive spell?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Finally got around to spending some time with this yesterday. Breezed through the first hour then spent the next two battling the skeletons. As a pyro I was getting it down, using my fire to take out the first two, then a combination of fire and axe to beat the second pair before always getting destroyed by the giant skeleton and his two little mates. I knew it was hard but I didn't know how hard.

Then, while mentally getting ready to try again by the bonfire I rolled forward and saw the steps down underground.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Finally got around to spending some time with this yesterday. Breezed through the first hour then spent the next two battling the skeletons. As a pyro I was getting it down, using my fire to take out the first two, then a combination of fire and axe to beat the second pair before always getting destroyed by the giant skeleton and his two little mates. I knew it was hard but I didn't know how hard.

Then, while mentally getting ready to try again by the bonfire I rolled forward and saw the steps down underground.
    Wrong game man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Think your on the wrong thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Doh!

Is warding a decent defensive spell?
    Yeah it reduces damage alot. It uses alot of mana (is that what the magic juice is called?) and it takes up 2 spell slots but for bosses it can be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Im so glad i gave this game another go after giving up on it because of difficulty first time around. Its really a classic...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Polar101

Ok, I'm about 10 hours in - taking it very slowly and I'm also playing Dark Souls.

Any tips for the Tower Knight in 1-2? It looks like it would be a good idea to kill the archers, but I wasn't fast enough to get there and got hit a few times by the big guy. It looked completely impossible to me, but it often does on the first few tries..

Yeah, get rid of the archers first. I you have a bow or ranged magic stay up on the battlements and target his head. If you have to melee him you can circle strafe around to his ankle after rolling to avoid his shield attack and hack away.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I see this going cheap and I need a game for when I finish Mass Effect 3 this weekend. Been reading about how good this was for ages now so thinking of taking the plunge.

The online leaving messages fetaure looks class

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I see this going cheap and I need a game for when I finish Mass Effect 3 this weekend. Been reading about how good this was for ages now so thinking of taking the plunge.

The online leaving messages fetaure looks class

The servers are a bit empty now that Dark Souls has come out (The spiritual successor), which means there won't be loads of messages , but it is still definitely worth playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

The servers are a bit empty now that Dark Souls has come out (The spiritual successor), which means there won't be loads of messages , but it is still definitely worth playing.

There are not as many, but I got it a month ago and there is still plenty of activity. Have to agree, it's an excellent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Went in to get this, it's 30 euro 2nd hand in xtravision :eek: and GS didn't have it but dark souls was 30 2nd hand so demon's would prob be about 20.

Its 16 euro new on The Hut but I want the game now or tomorrow, could be waiting a while for the hut. Anyone see this around in shops for under 20 euro?

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Went in to get this, it's 30 euro 2nd hand in xtravision :eek: and GS didn't have it but dark souls was 30 2nd hand so demon's would prob be about 20.

Its 16 euro new on The Hut but I want the game now or tomorrow, could be waiting a while for the hut. Anyone see this around in shops for under 20 euro?

I've only ever seen it once second hand in a shop - obviously not traded in that often.
    It's €30 for a reason - not too many about.

Advertisement