Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Okay I am at 1-4, watching the Blue Dragon.

I have a compound Long bow +8 with me and

- 153 Heavy Arrows
    - 36 Holy arrows

Spells are Flame Toss, Fire Ray and Soul Ray.

Do I have enough arrows to get him down to half energy now (and then for the 2nd half of the fight when he runs away or should I go get more).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

noodler wrote: »
    Okay I am at 1-4, watching the Blue Dragon.

I have a compound Long bow +8 with me and

- 153 Heavy Arrows
    - 36 Holy arrows

Spells are Flame Toss, Fire Ray and Soul Ray.

Do I have enough arrows to get him down to half energy now (and then for the 2nd half of the fight when he runs away or should I go get more).

To be honest mate you're better off ignoring him and running past if you can, kill the fattys on the brridge and time your run but do it under 50% equip weight so you can run faster. Equip some fire defence like purple flame shield + res ring f needed. For the 2nd run past him wait just outside of his breathe range, he alternates sides so when he flames one side just sprint up the other.

If you do want to kill him to be done with it, get right up underneath him by running as I said above, then you can lock on from underneath and you have more then enough to kill him with your spells + arrows. Remember you can fire your bow while locked on you don't need to be first person.

Hope this helps!! Also one last tip when you get past him and onto the old king its essential you can fast roll so again have less then 50% equip burden as you need to roll away from all his attacks!!

Good Luck :)

Cheers man, last 2 hours I have gone up a soul level or 2 (now 63) and am converting my Compound Long Bow to sticky.

Almost there, just farming some shards of ther miners sta the start of 2-1 and 2-2 (wish the success rate was a bit better)

Cheers man, last 2 hours I have gone up a soul level or 2 (now 63) and am converting my Compound Long Bow to sticky.

Almost there, just farming some shards of ther miners sta the start of 2-1 and 2-2 (wish the success rate was a bit better)

Can I ask what build you are?? If you're farming for a Sticky compound you must be some sort of dex build?

Big Knox wrote: »
    Can I ask what build you are?? If you're farming for a Sticky compound you must be some sort of dex build?

Yeah that was the decision over Quality.

My Dex is average but I decided the range boost was a better bonus.

I will put my level upgrades from here on into Dex.

(Its very low at the moment - 14 or so)

• Advertisement

Hmm got to Sticky +4.

Wondering if I should bother with +5.

I have not chunks left, would it take an age to get 5?

I have the pure Spiderstone so that part is not an issue.

Well if you plan on pumping dex alot and continuing into NG+ it's worth it but for now +4 should be fine!

Is it just 4-3 you have left? Have you finished every other area??

Big Knox wrote: »
    Well if you plan on pumping dex alot and continuing into NG+ it's worth it but for now +4 should be fine!

Is it just 4-3 you have left? Have you finished every other area??

I think I still have 5-2 to do as well.

EDIT: I just beat 4-3 there - Storm Ruler.

EDIT 2: Beat The Dragon
    EDIT 3: Got reasonably well beaten by False King on my first attempt. Equip burden was slightly above half though so will change that.

Anyone got weapon recomendations for him? My Crecent Falcon +4 was not doing the required damage. Also, only have a Flam shield properly levelled up but guess that is too heavy, have a bunch of other shields at this stage - which should I level?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

EDIT 3: Got reasonably well beaten by False King on my first attempt. Equip burden was slightly above half though so will change that.

Anyone got weapon recomendations for him? My Crecent Falcon +4 was not doing the required damage. Also, only have a Flam shield properly levelled up but guess that is too heavy, have a bunch of other shields at this stage - which should I level?

On one of my Dex build chars I 2handed the, jesus i forget the name. The curved sword that increases item drop rates and had the Abjurcator Shield leveled up and slung over my back for the HP regen and some ring found in 4-1 or 4-2 that also gives HP regen. Light armour also, some leather stuff for fast rolling.Sorry its been so long that i cant even tell you where i got the sword or the sheild :confused: What i liked about the Curved Sword move-set was the forward roll slash. It covers so much ground and is great for punishing whiffed enemy/boss attacks. I have only seen running attacks in Dark Souls and no rolling attacks. Hope they return.

The Dark Silver Shield from 5-3 boss is really the only shield worth upgrading in the game but it takes Colourless Demon Souls so it can be hard to upgrade, if you have the purple flame shield upgraded go with that, it's heavy but you should still be able to reach <50% equip, even if you have to wear very light armour or none at all the shield will do the trick as it's much more important then armour.

False King really is about not getting hit so armour won't make a big difference, the shield will help you block when needed and you can roll away from pretty much all his attacks it's just about learning his routine. Your crescent falchion should be fine, again it's all about taking your time hitting him between his attacks as you dodge them.

One last bit of advice, when he slams his sword into the ground you have 2 options, break your lock and run away which is the safest or rush at him and interrupt him with an R2 attack, preferably 2 handed.

The latter is the much better option but again it's risky but if you go that option it will help take him down faster.

And finally don't get too close too him as his soul suck will de-level you which is very bad :p

• Advertisement

Not happy with Falcon's damage. Gonna try another sword

Makato does twice as much damage but I am no longer levelled up enough to use my Flame Shield so I think I will move on to 5-2 first befoe I break something

EDIT: God, I know some of it is well made but the next time someone says this game isn't cheap..

EDIT 2: 5-2 done. Did well there lots of booty. Just King and 5-3 left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

im gonna finish this game,even if it fukking kills me:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Lab_Mouse wrote: »

Oh, it may well do that indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

It will x 1000 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just finished it, only took two years! :P killed the False King in the cheapest way possible and I have zero guilt about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

started it about 6 months ago and gave up.

its enjoyable,the creatures are excellent,has a feeling of being epic like the lord of the rings and then on the other hand it fuks it up(imho) by gaving the creatuires 99% accuracy and along with the targeting being a bit dodgy it makes a very frustrating game to play.

not sure how i feel about it.I hate it 100% and i love it 100%:pac:

and here's a newbie tip...dont fall of the fecking stairs in the nexus!!!!!:o

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just finished it, only took two years! :P killed the False King in the cheapest way possible and I have zero guilt about it!

I am trying to resist the temptation to use poison, thief ring plus bow or firestorm!

I just found out you are invincible when rolling so that will help me no end next time I face him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Should I play the first game before getting this?I wont be getting for a while anyway if I was

eurogamer review is out

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-03-dark-souls-review

Should I play the first game before getting this?I wont be getting for a while anyway if I was

eurogamer review is out

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-03-dark-souls-review

You absolutely should, I won't get into the reasons some say like it is the best game ever or it is completely fair all of the time - I will try to give you some more practical reasons:

1) The graphical style in both games is very similar, the second doesn't appear to be a huge leap (so you won't be playing the first one and thinking "god this looks awful")

2) Exact same argument for the battle system

3) It is a tad easier than Dark Souls by all accounts

4) The world system (5 worlds with 3/4 levels in each world) means you can tackle 1-1, then 2-1, then 3-1 if you want (if say you find 1-2 too difficult). I thought this choice was clever for when one level was browning you off.

5) Demons Souls is very cheap right now and Dark Souls is expensive. By the time you finish the first one the second will probably be cheap.

6) The collectors edition may not be around when you get round to Dark Souls but the best feature of it has been removed (i.e. the mini strategy guide has been replaced with a code to download it). I don't care much for artbooks or soundtracks CDs (personally found Demons Souls' soundtrack to be minimalistic with no real replay value utside of the game).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just trying to finish this before tomorrow, had a pretty good run at it last night but for the life of me i cannot see to find the fog to 5-3. I've cleared the Goblin town and haver got as far as dropping the bridge down for the short cut (thank God) but as i say can't find the fog:confused:
    I only have 4 lotus flowers left so didn't want to go wandering the swamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Fog for the boss? Should be at the end of the goblin huts, at the corner, just head into the building and head down the corridor.

I must just be missing it so:o Any tips for the boss?

Bow and Arrow with the thiefs ring stay at the entrance and he's piss easy, if you're going melee, stay to the back of him, he's slow moving so its easy enough to do.

weiland79 wrote: »

Turn the brightness of your TV up to max if that level is annoying you. Really takesd the edge off when it comes to finding your way, making sure you don't fall of ledges etc.

Wait a minute have you beaten the 5-2 boss? The dirty collosus. If so head on towards the archstone move up a bit and you'll see a pit, climb down the ladder and the 5-3 boss is down that tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

fire fire and more fire, when its sends it swarm around you run to a torch and it'll butn them off. Its a very easy boss so you shouldn't have any problems.

The next boss is easy too but its just getting to her since she's being guarded. When you enter the fog clear the area to the right , then finish off any remaining to avoid ambush. Dont enter the swamp unless you aiming to get the collectible. Thoses swamp baby are lethal and they keep spawning. For the guard lore him up, he'll only come up so far and then walk away , you should then run and attack but clear off when he turns around. Rinse and repeat :D

Wait a minute have you beaten the 5-2 boss? The dirty collosus. If so head on towards the archstone move up a bit and you'll see a pit, climb down the ladder and the 5-3 boss is down that tunnel.

No haven't come up against any boss in this level yet. Was getting a bit frustrated last night still up at 2am not being able to find where i needed to go, so it will probably be obvious when i got back to it tonight.

No haven't come up against any boss in this level yet. Was getting a bit frustrated last night still up at 2am not being able to find where i needed to go, so it will probably be obvious when i got back to it tonight.

Turn up the brightness!

On 5-2, to find Dirty Colossus, you just take your shortcut, then drop down once in the next area, and climb onto the mass of crates (or Goblin village as you guys call it) You kinda have to go through it to ge to it but I really would recommend turning the brightness.

• Advertisement

You know what always bugged me; the 4th Archstone, the broken one. That would've been perfect for a DLC.

Advertisement