Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The car petrol and diesel thread....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

That I believe is where the prices should be at. There is no danger if prices going up, but it is taking far too long to bring them down. The 'what we have in stock at a certain buy price' does not work for me.

They'd want fairly big reservoirs if they're still holding stock from 5 months ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Off-topic a bit but OPEC are apparently considering cutting output (between 1 million and 2 million barrels per day) for a third time in recent months. The previous 2 cuts in production didn't stop petrol prices falling, lets hope this one doesn't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

Maxol Lower Salthill 99.9 .Ballinasloe 96.9c did get name off the station . galway sidse off the town

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mndgz

texaco ballinasloe, corrib oil ballinasloe 98.9 petrol and diesel as of this morning,
    top kiltullagh 97.9 petrol and diesel,
    emo abbeyknockmoy 97.9 petrol, 95.9 diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Corrib Oil Tuam Road - opposite Monaghans - 97.9 for Diesel on Saturday 13th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

Why is diesel getting cheaper than petrol as the prices come down.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Why is diesel getting cheaper than petrol as the prices come down.?

Well diesel did not have an extra 8c a litre added to it back in the budget. There would come a point where the government duty really does make a difference in price as the cost of refined fuel can only go so low.

Last year everyone was wondering why diesel was going up faster than petrol. Think the reasoning at the time was the demand on the limited supply of diesel. With the econ going south quickly I'm guessing there are plenty of truck's no longer filling their tanks and reducing the demand thus also having an effect on cost.

all of tuam still 99.9...

turloughmore p-97.9, d-95.9

claregalway 99.9, i think there was a management change, the old crowd just would go as low :)

It must have been a management change to go below 1 euro at this point in Claregalway.

Few places in Galway City have dropped to 98.9c

Not in Galway but I think it's worth remarking that petrol is generally 2 or 3c cheaper in petrol stations in Limerick than stations in Galway City & County.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

97.8c at the new station by Lough Atalia today

Tuam are now 97.9 for petrol and 96.9 for diesel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

93.9 in Claremorris this evening.

The prices in Claremorris and going north into Mayo have always been better than Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

The prices in Claremorris and going north into Mayo have always been better than Galway.

True. Just saying that's where Galway is heading.....eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

97.9 for petrol and diesel this morning at Slemons in Forbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

97.5 at the Texaco Centra in oranmore today, but I found it at 94.9 at Grealish's, Carnmore Cross. Glynns opposite the airport have both at 96.9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

That's great, and all true!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 wills56

93.7 Corrib oil Tuam Rd 23/12/08. Cheapest in Galway @ the moment!

• Advertisement

wills56 wrote: »
    93.7 Corrib oil Tuam Rd 23/12/08. Cheapest in Galway @ the moment!

is that corrib oil in tuam?

whats the cheapest petroleum in galway city @ the mo?

need a fill myself, everywhere around is 97.9....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

mndgz wrote: »

Can't remember the exact figures, but Topaz Turloughmore was less than 95 c for petrol and 93.something for diesel today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 wills56

mndgz wrote: »

Corrib oil Galway (Diesel price).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Turloughmore this morning.
    93.3 Diesel
    94.9 Petrol

Carnmore Cross is always there snd Corrib Oil for diesel.

as of today, ballinasloe 96.9 for both, turloughmore 94.9 petrol 93.9 diesel, derrydonnell 95.9 for both

Was 97.9c in both garages in Salthill today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

why do people keep mentioning petrol prices from out the country, thought this was the Galway City forum.

yeah-buddy wrote: »
    why do people keep mentioning petrol prices from out the country, thought this was the Galway City forum.

I suppose the Greater Galway Area is fine because people from the City might be passing through/near these places and might like to get a bargin.

As for prices from far outside the City - I don't think there's a lot of harm in posting prices for other towns/cities/areas as it's always good to compare (although we usually find out that we're being ripped off in Galway City!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

KevR wrote: »
    I suppose the Greater Galway Area is fine because people from the City might be passing through/near these places and might like to get a bargin.

As for prices from far outside the City - I don't think there's a lot of harm in posting prices for other towns/cities/areas as it's always good to compare (although we usually find out that we're being ripped off in Galway City!).
    In the interest of comparison stations all over limerick are between 91.9 and 93.9, Galway really is expensive!

Advertisement