Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The car petrol and diesel thread....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

99cents for petrol in claremorris today....... im appalled that this overcharging is allowed to continue in galway. im not going to fill my tank in the city anymore if i can help it and i urge alot of other people to do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

Fey! wrote: »
    I didn't realise that they charged for air. How much do they charge, and is the gauge accurate? (I ask this as I'd expect anyone charging for this service to have the best and most accurate machine in the town).

It sounds a little like the Ballygowan guy on the Lat Late years back, when Gay laughed at him at the tohught of selling bottled water.
    As long as it's just the air for the car, we are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭paconnors

there not charging. you put €2 in to release the nozzle and when you finished. you put the nozzle back you get your money back. it's only to make sure the nozzle doesn't get damaged when its lying around

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mndgz

corrib oil ballinasloe still 98.9 for both as of today..

mndgz wrote: »

That's the best I've seen yet.
    Claregalway is still 106.9 and not a sign of a move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 rallyman28

Das Kitty wrote: »
    All I've ever gone in there for is to fill up my windscreen washers. :)
    Hope he didn't charge ya! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

mndgz wrote: »

W00t yet a bigger saving for filling up on the way home on Friday. Honestly I saved €2.10 on a half tank last week compared to galway city prices, if the difference gets much bigger it would be worth driving out there to top up.

But that station was always good on prices if I remember right. I used to travel up and down to Athlone more often than I care to remember and that was the station of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Diesel 99.9 in Corrib oil this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Think it was €104.9 in Topaz, Westside when I passed by this morning.

Will note as many prices as I can on the way to and from work this evening and post them up here later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

99.99 for petrol/diesel in Texaco at Ballindine there on Monday night

• Advertisement

p+d gone up to 102.9 in derrydonnell on the n6

i wonder should i move to cheap petrol in/around galway since most of my observations would be in the co. not in the city...?

There appears to be a downward trend in lots of places today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Petrol & Diesel 99.9 in Turloughmore today \o/

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Petrol & Diesel 99.9 in Turloughmore today \o/

Lets hear it for Turlough.

not at all, corrib bsloe still 98.9 :D

Most City stations seemed to be €104.9 today, apart from Tom Hogans which was €103.9

Corrib in Tuam are 102.9 this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

Had to wait till I got to Tipperary this evening before I came across a 99.9 station.

From the city to Portumna, all 102.9 - 104.9

The petrol station just at the Tipp-Galway border outside Portumna was 99.9 cent.

It felt so good seeing the the litres counter higher than the price counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

Was up in Mayo today, all stations north of Milltown are 99.9, except for the odd one or two still charging 101.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Topaz Turloughmore 99.9 this evening.

• Advertisement

Tuam seems to be all 101.9 today.

Few places in town seem to have dropped their prices to €102.9 today (Topaz in Westside and Esso beside Dunnes Terryland). Tom Hogans was still €103.9 when I passed earlier. Unusual for other places in town to cut their prices before Tom Hogans!

The change in VAT recently would have added .5 cent, but imo prices should be under 1 euro all over now.
    They seem to be much quicker to put it up, if the situation arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

101.9 in Loughrea yesterday...

They seem to be much quicker to put it up, if the situation arises.

Definitely!

During the summer when prices were rising they were nearly putting up prices at the pumps whenever there was a bit of speculation that the price of a barrell of oil was about to go up. :mad:

mndgz's pricewatch: corrib ballinasloe still 98.9 , in and around turloughmore - 99.9p
    that joke of a garage in claregalway down to 102.9 which is really strange...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Yeah, while we're on topic, what's the story with that petrol station in Claregalway? It's a total ripoff. Think it's a Campus. Do they actually sell any petrol? I realise they're the only petrol station between Galway and Tuam, but christ the prices are always crazy there. As said above, I was shocked when I passed and saw that the price of petrol/diesel was 'only' 102.9 - normally there's a huge margain between town prices and the price of petrol/diesel out there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I'd say the garage in Claregalway was most likely forced to bring the price down, as people now are more careful with their money.
    That place has had crazy prices for years, so maybe the 'current econmic climate' has folk taking a bit more notice of the price of fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Yeah, while we're on topic, what's the story with that petrol station in Claregalway? It's a total ripoff. Think it's a Campus. Do they actually sell any petrol? I realise they're the only petrol station between Galway and Tuam, but christ the prices are always crazy there. As said above, I was shocked when I passed and saw that the price of petrol/diesel was 'only' 102.9 - normally there's a huge margain between town prices and the price of petrol/diesel out there

Haha, that's a major improvement for them, as a normal rule of thumb, Claregalway will be 10% more expensive than anywhere else. Any time i had no choice to go there, i only put in a fiver's worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

99c in Derrydonnell..

Advertisement