Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The car petrol and diesel thread....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭paconnors

Grealish's Carnmore X

Petrol 97.9 :P
    Diesal 98.9 :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Probably worth a trip after work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

Think Tesco in claremorris was at 98.9 at the wkend..
    Delighted to see that joke of a garage in claregalway getting reemed here.. Have only ever stopped in there once or twice as a last resort but usually find I can head through Turloughmore and fill up there..

They're definitely price fixing in around the city..
    Won't be long before its on the rise again probably...........:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

coup1917 wrote: »
    They're definitely price fixing in around the city..

I wont say its happening for sure but when Topaz came on the scene it pretty much took control of all the city centre filling stations and they are all a bloody rip off.

If a small guy out in Carnmore can undercut a major player like Topaz then I think Topaz or their agents in Galway are taking a large margin. I know they have higher costs associated with inner city sites and shops etc but surely they would have the higher volume of trade to easily match Carnmore and still make a respectable profit.

I don’t honestly understand how Topaz in Bslow was down at 99.9 one Friday when I filled there and every Topaz in Galway city was 105.9. Is there really 6cent a litre difference in getting the fuel to Galway and the increase in cost of operation?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

Once you go north of Tuam to Ballindine and into Mayo, the prices seem to come down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Campus in CLaregalway is no more! About bloody time too. Forecourt signage came down yesterday.

No prizes for guessing what branding it'll reopen under!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

The garage at Derrydonnell (at turn off for Athenry on the N6) is charging only €0.99 and have some good offers like a screw driver set for €5 if ya spend over €20 on petrol...dunno how good or bad the set is but still, fair play to them!

Price fixing definately happening in the city...f*ckin disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Carnmore petrol station for me today on the way to Tuam, 99c :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

big b wrote: »
    Don't think Neil's was that low. Siopa an Phiobal was at the weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if Neil matches them, he's usually the cheapest in the area

Siopa an Phiobal was 96 cent todday (wtih €40 worth of shopping)..

Siopa an Phiobal was 96 cent todday (wtih €40 worth of shopping)..

Do they subtract your pork returns when totting up the 40?

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭magconn

99.9 for petrol and diesel in Turloughmore (roscommon road) . Maxol and Topaz garage

99.9 in Hogan's on the Ballybrit Dual Carriageway (both petrol and diesel). Hopefully this will spark the rest of town to drop below the Euro mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Das Kitty wrote: »
    99.9 in Hogan's on the Ballybrit Dual Carriageway (both petrol and diesel). Hopefully this will spark the rest of town to drop below the Euro mark.

Excellent!

As you say hopefully others will have to drop below the €1 mark now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Diesel 97.9 in Corrib oil this morning...:)

Corrib in Tuam has finally gne to 99.9
    Hopefully others will follow.

soundbyte wrote: »
    Campus in CLaregalway is no more! About bloody time too. Forecourt signage came down yesterday.

No prizes for guessing what branding it'll reopen under!!!!

Great news.
    A move forward for Claregalway.

Das Kitty wrote: »

99.9 in Lough Atalia now too so hopefully...

Diesel was cheaper than petrol in Tuam yesterday.
    Is that unusual.?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,268 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

99.9 in Lough Atalia now too so hopefully...

At Last, petrol under 1euro/litre in the city !!

It only took 2/3 weeks after the rest of the country but we got there in the end !

btw, on pumps.ie it says carnmore station is selling at 90.9.

That must be a typo with Carnmore, but there are isolated cases around the country where we see what it can be sold for.

• Advertisement

Diesel & Petrol both 99.9cent in Topaz Westside today.

Just filled up in Hogans there, it was very nice to see 27.03litres for €27 I'll tell ya!

That must be a typo with Carnmore, but there are isolated cases around the country where we see what it can be sold for.

Anyone to confirm that? I was going to be heading to Tuam today but not now after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Anyone to confirm that? I was going to be heading to Tuam today but not now after all...

Passed Grealishs this morning in Carnmore - 98.9 and 97.9 for Petrol and Diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Texaco on the docks is also 99.9 for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

95.9 for diesel at Lackagh/Turloughmore there yesterday, think it was 99.9 for petrol.

Need to get petrol today and I'm looking forward to seeing the litre counter going up faster than the euro counter for the first time in a long time.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Got diesel in Topaz Turloughmore today, 95.9. Only a few weeks ago it was the cheapest place around at 1.40

99.8 in Loughrea today.... Oh the difference that .1 makes :P

• Advertisement

galwayrush wrote: »
    Got diesel in Topaz Turloughmore today, 95.9. Only a few weeks ago it was the cheapest place around at 1.40

That I believe is where the prices should be at. There is no danger if prices going up, but it is taking far too long to bring them down. The 'what we have in stock at a certain buy price' does not work for me.

Advertisement