Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,328 ✭✭✭✭Penn

or, to put it another way

seth_l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The Chris Jericho-Miz feud continues to roll on Twitter. Recent updates from Jericho included, "I just saw a movie that has nothing to do with your life. It's called The Wrestler," "Cheer up Miz, there's always the real world reunion circuit," "speaking of whales...how's yer mum," "improv class...cool. What time is wrestling class?" and "Australian police have issued a warrant for Miz on the charges of impersonating a wrestler. Hes not welcome back." Miz has offered, "A movie about a washed up has been wrestler tryin to regain the fame he once had sounds more like ur career," "im f@#kin a playboy bunny tonight n thats actually the truth beotch. what r u doin," "no wrestling classes needed i just watch ur matches n it shows me what not to do," "wow u n dreamer shirtless by the pool the girls must be lining up u should charge a whale watchin fee" and "if u want a real good joke just look in ur pants peewee."

Miz/Jericho twitter feud :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Jericho is killing Miz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Saw TNA for the first time in ages today so its not really news, but it still needs to be said and I dunno where else to put it

Kurt Angle had grown a beard and a bitta hair and is looking well for a man of 40 :)

19360422-de0ec8423c7c1edb7726a37aae41be18.4a6c5065-scaled.jpg
    posted from The Hurricane's twitter.

• Advertisement

Apparantly Beth Phoenix is pregnant, so she'll be gone for over a year, maybe not even come back at all.

Shame, I thought she was awesome. Had most of the strength and power of Chyna, but actually looked like a woman. And her entrance music was damn good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

isnt wrestling basically like acting from a script!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Daragh101 wrote: »
    isnt wrestling basically like acting from a script!

it is scripted but there is a lot more to it than that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Apparantly Beth Phoenix is pregnant, so she'll be gone for over a year, maybe not even come back at all.

Shame, I thought she was awesome. Had most of the strength and power of Chyna, but actually looked like a woman. And her entrance music was damn good too

I was wondering what happened to Beth.

Good news for her, I hope all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

It will be sad if Beth doesn't come back to wrestling.

She's a great wrestler and one of the best Womens champions in quite a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I wonder if any WWE diva has ever had an unplanned pregnancy while under contract/ in the middle of a push etc, Besides Mae Young :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

EdK wrote: »
    I wonder if any WWE diva has ever had an unplanned pregnancy while under contract/ in the middle of a push etc, Besides Mae Young :P

Maybe Jackie Gaeda and definitely Dawn Marie were fired for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Maybe Jackie Gaeda and definitely Dawn Marie were fired for it

Really? Some Human Resource policies the WWE have so. :pac:

Okay, so this may have been wrong. I got it from another forum who sourced Wrestling Observer. Although people on that forum noted how she barely did anything in the match, didn't take any bumps or anything. Didn't even run in to break up a pin.

I may have been wrong, but it still might actually be true. I'll try post a link next time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Okay, so this may have been wrong. I got it from another forum who sourced Wrestling Observer. Although people on that forum noted how she barely did anything in the match, didn't take any bumps or anything. Didn't even run in to break up a pin.

I may have been wrong, but it still might actually be true. I'll try post a link next time

There was nothing in the Observer about it. There was something about her still being under contract and not being used, but nothing about a pregnancy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

-- Scott Hall is scheduled to be wrestling Justin Credible in the main event of “Big Time Wrestling” event this Saturday, August 1st. The event will be taking place from Memorial Athletic Field in Webster, Massachusetts. More information can be found at www.websterwrestling.com.

Also Ted's brother Mike issued arrest warant,
    -- Former NWA North American Heavyweight champion Mike DiBiase, son of Ted DiBiase, Sr., has been issued a warrant for his arrest for failure to appear in Tyler County court on July 14, to make a plea on Class A theft charges. DiBiase was arrested on March 22, in Huntsville, Texas, in the possession of stolen property found inside his vehicle belonging to a wrestling show sponsor where he had appeared on the card the night before.

Source

The current idea with the storyline between Ezekiel Jackson and Vladimir Kozlov on ECW is to make them a team and tag title contenders to Chris Jericho and Big Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

What a f*cking scandalous waste of Jericho.

JP Liz wrote: »
    The current idea with the storyline between Ezekiel Jackson and Vladimir Kozlov on ECW is to make them a team and tag title contenders to Chris Jericho and Big Show.

While I was hoping for a great rivalry between the two, making them a tag team might actually be a badass idea. Plus, while it is a bit of a waste for Jericho, if they lose the titles it might result in Jericho going for the WHC or even getting rid of Big Show and get a new partner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

flahavaj wrote: »
    What a f*cking scandalous waste of Jericho.

couldnt agree more.

i am constantly amazed at their seemingly endless mission to stick jericho with the stupidist storylines and talentless workers they can think of.

this is bewildering - the man is surely one of the best if not the best worker on the roster.

they ruined the oportunity as is well discussed on these forums already to pair him with a promising younger wrestler. (ie. kendrick, ziggler etc..)

seriously, big show is a black hole sucking the talent and wrestling ability from anyone and everyone who he gets near.

this man should have been pushed towards the main event to freshen up the stale orton HHH cena fued.

irregardless what ever he has done to piss off the wwe management surely doesnt warrant this kind of ****.

ok rant over...........

for now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

JP Liz wrote: »

That match would die in front of a live crowd,they would be mad to even consider it.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Rjd2 wrote: »
    That match would die in front of a live crowd,they would be mad to even consider it.:confused:

Too true. The crowd were dying for Jackson to beat the living daylights out of Kozlov when he came down to the ring after another Kozlov squash match. Didn't happen of course.

If there was a feud over the tag titles between these two and the champs then they may be making appearances on ECW increasing the viewership perhaps? For Jericho more than Big Show i suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Michelle Mc Cool injured, I know she is disliked by most people here, but I doubt anyone would wish injury on her. I hope she is back soon, but if not it will be interesting to see what they do with the title.

WWE Women's champion Michelle McCool appeared to suffer a leg injury at a Smackdown/ECW house show in Hampton Beach, N.H. on Friday night.

McCool was in a singles match against Eve that was cut short after the apparent injury.

Torch reader Sam reports from the WWE house show: "McCool was knocked out of the ring by Eve, and was unable to get up. She was deemed unable to continue, and the match was ended early. She was helped out of the arena by an EMT, apparently having injured her right leg."
    http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_34051.shtml

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Michelle Mc Cool injured, I know she is disliked by most people here, but I doubt anyone would wish injury on her. I hope she is back soon, but if not it will be interesting to see what they do with the title.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_34051.shtml

I hope she has a speedy recovery. Maybe Natty will get back involved in wrestling rather than just as a valet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

The Brian Kendrick---- FIRED!!!

Unprofessional Attitude & Marajuana abuse.

There was a report going around last month that WWE Hall of Famer Tony Atlas was in jeopardy of being released due to Mark Henry being moved to the RAW brand and pushed as a face. It looks now as if WWE may have quietly released Atlas as his profile has been removed from the ECW roster page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I know this isn't news .... but it's the answer to a question that I'm sure one or two people have asked themselfs (ie what tha fudge is going on there?)

(from http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/columns/112429)
    1) In the Attitude Era I remember vaguely the storyline of Mark Henry being "involved" with Mae Young and her falling pregnant. Eventually she gave birth to what appeared to be a hand. What the hell was creative's idea about this and what exactly were they thinking, if anything?

The creative team was essentially trying to make a joke, but the problem was that their joke was too obscure and outdated for the majority of the fans at the time to understand. You see, in the 1940's and 1950's, there were sex toys sold for women which were shaped like men's hands. The joke was supposed to be that Mae was using one of those, got it lodged inside of her, and, because she was a crazy old woman, she thought that she was pregnant.

So the hand was a fancy sex toy.

Cactus Col wrote: »
    I know this isn't news .... but it's the answer to a question that I'm sure one or two people have asked themselfs (ie what tha fudge is going on there?)

Still doesn't answer the many, many questions I have regarding that storyline :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Cactus Col wrote: »

'sigh' reading sh!t like that makes my glad the wwe is PG atm....and i never thaught id say that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement