Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Ted DiBiase Jr. Interview:
    As the son of The Million Dollar Man, it was nothing for Ted DiBiase Jr. to come home and see the likes of Arn Anderson or Virgil hanging around.

It didn't seem like such a big deal to visit Hulk Hogan's condo. But it was certainly more than a bit intimidating to meet a true giant.

"I'd been wanting to meet Andre the Giant and I went to see my dad ... it may have been in Mobile (Ala.) ... I could see Andre sitting down," says DiBiase.

"He was huge, the size of a refrigerator. I'm saying to my dad that I'm scared and he's telling me, 'That's OK.'

"So I get the courage to walk over and say hi to Andre. He palmed my hand like it was a basketball and picked me up off the ground and sat me on his leg. He was a gentle giant."

Junior has plenty on his plate these days. A third-generation wrestler, following grandfather Iron Mike DiBiase, grandmother Helen Hild and his father, the 26-year-old DiBiase has made an impact in a hurry -- in a business his father tried to steer him away from.

"I wanted to (be a wrestler) ever since I can remember," he says. "But it's something my father was adamant that I not do -- with the travel and the strain on your family life.

"It was kind of like a miracle to me. I was in college and my father was hired back as a road agent. The way the business was being conducted had changed so much. The opportunity to make a very good living was much higher.

"He told me if I still wanted to do this, I had to finish college and then it was up to me. And he said he wanted me to train with Harley Race."

Soon enough, DiBiase wound up in WWE's Legacy faction with Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes. Rumblings suggest WWE will turn DiBiase from a roguish heel into a good guy, just in time for the direct-to-DVD release of The Marine 2, starring DiBiase, late this year.

"(The movie) was an incredible experience," he says. "It was nice to be a hero for once. Instead of getting body-slammed or Batista-bombed, I got really blown up."

So, would he relish the opportunity to be a good guy?

"I am who I am," he says. "My boys are Randy and Cody. Movie or no movie, I'm going to be loyal. But crazier things have happened."

Faith is important to DiBiase, whose father founded the Heart of David Ministry.

"It's a big part of my life. It means a lot to me," says Ted Jr. "I've been on missions, trips, and it's something down the road that I'll follow.

"You look at sports and Hollywood stars and there's a lot of bad out there. I've made some stupid mistakes and I realize the importance of setting an example."

And there were and are bad guys in wrestling.

"I give Vince (McMahon) props," says DiBiase. "The wellness policy is bulletproof. Guys are held accountable, it doesn't matter who you are. If you choose to screw up and misrepresent WWE, you are punished for it. And if you do it again, it's see you later, bye-bye. You can be replaced.

"It's important how I conduct myself out of the ring. I know what fans see on TV, they like to boo and hate me. But if they see me out with my family, I want it to be in a positive sense. I want to make a difference in a positive way. That's what my dad is doing."

I wouldn't exactly call the wellness policy bulletproof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

(from 411mania)

- The Baltimore Sun has an interview up with Chris Jericho where he talks about his teaming with Edge ending so quickly, his feud with Rey Mysterio, on WWE's need to create new stars, and more. Here is what he had to say about WWE being in a "crisis period."

"We're in a crisis period in WWE and we need to build new guys. When Shawn Michaels came back to Raw, he said, "Whose been built since I left?" On Smackdown we've built [John] Morrison and [Dolph] Ziggler and Cryme Tyme. The Intercontinental title has been rebuilt now with Rey Mysterio. But I can't tell you on Raw who has been built over the last six months. They better do it soon, because when this generation of performers is gone, who will replace them?"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Cactus Col wrote: »
    (from 411mania)

- The Baltimore Sun has an interview up with Chris Jericho where he talks about his teaming with Edge ending so quickly, his feud with Rey Mysterio, on WWE's need to create new stars, and more. Here is what he had to say about WWE being in a "crisis period."

"We're in a crisis period in WWE and we need to build new guys. When Shawn Michaels came back to Raw, he said, "Whose been built since I left?" On Smackdown we've built [John] Morrison and [Dolph] Ziggler and Cryme Tyme. The Intercontinental title has been rebuilt now with Rey Mysterio. But I can't tell you on Raw who has been built over the last six months. They better do it soon, because when this generation of performers is gone, who will replace them?"

So that explains why Legacy finally got a chance to look good. Go HBK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Not todays news but WWE is trying to trademark the name "Celtic Warrior" for Sheamus, But Marcus Davis in the UFC has used it before so there could be problems.

source: ewrestlingnews.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Not todays news but WWE is trying to trademark the name "Celtic Warrior" for Sheamus, But Marcus Davis in the UFC has used it before so there could be problems.

source: ewrestlingnews.com

And Stevie Collins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

RVD and Lita were backstage last night at Summerslam

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Bryan Danielson is heading to WWE as announced by Ring Of Honor........another blow for ROH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Vince is in trouble: http://glaadblog.org/blog/
    On the most recent episode of WWE/RAW, which airs Mondays on the USA Network, Vince McMahon belittled a pair of Cirque du Soleil performers’ outfits by saying, “Those masks are really gay.”

McMahon is the Chairman of the Board of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.

The episode included a birthday celebration for McMahon that included Vegas showgirls and the aforementioned Cirque du Soleil performers. As the performers bounced into the wrestling ring on springboard-type stilts, McMahon utters, “Those masks are really gay,” and later, “Just what every man wants on his birthday.”

McMahon here wasn’t implying the performers were gay, however, he used the term in a derogatory manner. It’s just another example of how people throw around the word “gay” derisively.

This came from the leader of a $500 million-plus organization who holds a lot of power in what he says and what he does.

The WWE’s website states, “WWE is committed to family-friendly, PG content across all of its platforms including television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing.” However, off-handedly using “gay” in a derogatory manner is anything but family-friendly.

WWE programming reaches 16 million viewers each week. McMahon needs to understand that the words he uses and how he uses them can greatly affect people’s lives.

GLAAD is reaching out to McMahon and the USA Network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Vince is in trouble: http://glaadblog.org/blog/

Maybe he meant gay as in the old meaning of the word, as in happy or cheerful. Bet he uses that excuse anyway.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

From the Sun, I imagine he had something to do with Masters getting rehired as well.
    WE top brass gave the bullet to Eugene — for being too much of a porker.
    Eugene, real name Nick Dinsmore, was handed another chance by wrestling's biggest company after close pal Randy Orton begged bosses to take him back.

But tubby Dinsmore failed make the grade after reporting for duty overweight — leaving WWE champ Orton gutted.

Speaking at a SummerSlam promo, Orton said: "Eugene was just given a second chance.

"He came back two weeks ago and came in a little heavy from where [management] wanted him to come in.

"Nick is a good friend of mine. I pulled some strings to get his job back and he comes back all overweight.

"So all in all, I am a little upset with right now with him."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/2607470/More-Eugene-Fat-chance.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

flahavaj wrote: »
    And Stevie Collins.

:) Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Ted DiBiase Jr. Interview:

I wouldn't exactly call the wellness policy bulletproof.

LOL, Imagine the cover up if Taker, HHH or Cena failed Welllness.

Degag wrote: »
    LOL, Imagine the cover up if Taker, HHH or Cena failed Welllness.

In fairness, if anybody but HHH fails, I'd expect to see them off TV for a while.

As previously reported, WWE has reached out to Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson about hosting a future episode of RAW. To update, the ball is still in the former champ’s court, but insiders say they would be surprised if he agreed to do the show.

Apparently there are still some hard feelings over the way WWE let his contract expire without telling him, which is why some feel Johnson often speaks good of the wrestling industry in interviews, but rarely mentions WWE by name. Furthermore, he’s been badmouthed repeatedly within the company by some of his detractors whenever he’s made appearances, such as at the Hall Of Fame ceremony.

However, it’s not all bad news for Rock fans -- One source says the heat between WWE and Johnson is over exaggerated and is still under the impression that we should “never say never” about the possibility.

OMG i would love to see The Rock host RAW

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Dave Meltzer is on personal terms with the Rock, that's why he always insists on calling him Dwayne Johnson now since that's what he wants himself, and he's always given the impression that there are still hard feelings with how WWE let his contract expire. I wouldn't think that there's much chance of him doing a guest host spot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

According to PWinsider:
    Dusty Rhodes is scheduled to be the next Raw gh.

The word within TNA right now is that Jeff Jarrett is very likely to return as an on-air talent soon. The PWTorch Newsletter reports that most people within TNA believe he will also retain some of the backstage power he lost when he was sent home following the issues that arose from him dating Kurt Angle’s ex-wife.

Jarrett still has many friends and allies within the company, but the majority of the TNA locker room (and even some office workers) are against the idea of bringing him back. As previously reported, most of the TNA roster sided with Kurt Angle on the issue. Not just for political purposes, but also on a personal level.

There is plenty of frustration with TNA president Dixie Carter within the company, since everyone around her told her not to bring Jeff back but she’s considering it anyways. Dixie isn’t revealing her hand to anyone nor is she addressing the situation, which rubs some people the wrong way because they feel if they provide their honest thoughts on Jarrett it could haunt them later if he returns.

Some sources feel Jarrett wouldn’t return strictly as a wrestler, and also that the situation is being turned into a fake shoot storyline. One source feels that the pieces just aren’t coming together right and something feels wrong, and wrestlers and office workers alike have their guards up. Most TNA sources don’t feel that any kind of worked shoot storyline between Angle and Jarrett would lead to increased ratings or PPV buys.

I hope he is back soon

A professional wrestler was arrested on drunken driving charges during a traffic stop Friday in Smithfield. Daniel Christopher Covell, 39, of Palmdale, CA, who is known by his ring name of Fallen Angel, was charged with driving while impaired after police said he registered 0.14 on the Breathalyzer.
    Officer J.A. Calzaretta Jr. stopped Covell’s 2009 Dodge Charger in the 2300 block of South Brightleaf Boulevard for a traffic violation, which led to his arrest. Covell was released on $2,000 bail.

With this and Angle's arrest not good PR for TNA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Add to this that Traci Brooks playboy pictorial has supposedly been pulled from the magazine and relegated to the playboy website and TNA really isn't doing well publicity wise.

• Advertisement

- The Associated Press reports that Dr. John Rew has plead guilty on charges of writing illegal prescriptions. Brian "Crush" Adams was one of Dr. Rew's patients and was prescribed painkillers by him. Adams died in 2007 from a painkiller overdose.

According to PWInsider, former Survivor star Jenna Morasca is done with TNA. Her contract recently came up for renewal, and sources say that both sides came to an agreement not to renew the deal. Morasca debuted last March and was brought into the Main Event Mafia as their financial backer.

According to Pwinsider.com, the following men will comprise the 2009 NWA Hall of Fame:
    * Paul Orndorff
    * Dennis Coralluzzo
    * Jerry Jarrett
    * Terry Funk
    * Mil Mascaras
    * Tully Blanchard
    * Gene Kiniski

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Cactus Col wrote: »
    According to Pwinsider.com, the following men will comprise the 2009 NWA Hall of Fame:
    * Paul Orndorff
    * Dennis Coralluzzo
    * Jerry Jarrett
    * Terry Funk
    * Mil Mascaras
    * Tully Blanchard
    * Gene Kiniski

Pretty weak lineup if its true, Funk, Orndorff and Blanchard aside todays audience wont have a clue who the rest are, and even those 3 probably arent known by many of the people who watch Raw these days, Funk hasnt wrestled in the WWE since what, 98? Tully should have went in when Flair did, it'd be a good lineup if they got one big name star like they have in the last few years

edit, d'oh, thats the NWA one not the WWE one, bah never mind then :) note to self, read posts more carefully

• Registered Users Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭Penn

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/41272/details-on-backstage-brawl-at-wwe-house-show-over-the-weekend.html?p=1
    The talk of last night's Raw taping was a backstage fight between The Big Show and The Great Khali that took place on Saturday at the Smackdown house show at the Manuel Iguina Coliseum in Arecibo, Puerto Rico. According to several I've spoken to, there has been some underlying heat between the two in some time, including Show being upset about Khali using moves that he feels should be exclusive to him "as a giant." The two got into an argument after their six man tag bout that night.
    As it was described to me, they were arguing for several minutes when Show threw the first punch. Khali blocked it "exactly like he does in the ring" and they began fighting. Show slipped on something and went down. Khali was on top of him but several of the wrestlers broke it up and the crew were ordered to keep them apart for the remainder of the tour.
    Show was seen at fault among the wrestlers I spoke to last night.

What I want to know is, who the hell managed to break it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i could only think of taker and kane who could brake those two up in a fight

• Registered Users Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sky88 wrote: »
    i could only think of taker and kane who could brake those two up in a fight

mark-henry.jpg

Well he IS the Worlds Strongest Man....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

mark-henry.jpg

Well he IS the Worlds Strongest Man....

it was a smackdown event so he wouldnt be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

jesus i'd love to see that fight.

khali just went up in my estimation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement