Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers)

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Unfortunately he hasn't even done as much as a sharpshooter in years not a question of won't or doesnt want to more a question of can't, Is it his left side thats weak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I always thought that Bret on the mic went well with the 'Hitman' gimmick.In Wwf anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

EdK wrote: »
    Unfortunately he hasn't even done as much as a sharpshooter in years not a question of won't or doesnt want to more a question of can't, Is it his left side thats weak?

I dont even think he legally can.
    bigeasyeah wrote: »
    I always thought that Bret on the mic went well with the 'Hitman' gimmick.In Wwf anyway.

I thought he was good on the mic as a heel. American bashing and all that lark. Nothing memorable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Dancor wrote: »
    I dont even think he legally can.

I thought he was good on the mic as a heel. American bashing and all that lark. Nothing memorable though.

Because of an insurance settlement he cant, you are right

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

EdK wrote: »

i still an say i have had the privledge of seeing him slap the sharpshooter on jeff jarret in the point depot in 2002 i think it was on wwa!

rumours are pickin up steam now....so you never know what will happen...he wont be wrestling though, we know that much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

TNA Turning Point Poster:
    155398_lg.jpg?091001131612817

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Christ thats awful, who does TNA's posters? they're shockingly bad, so cheap and amatuerish looking, I could knock up a better one on photoshop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Doesn't even look like A.J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I kind of like it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

According to F4WOnline.com CM Punk is in the dog house in WWE right now over something that happened on the most recent overseas tour.
    Apparently this is part of the reason why WWE decided to open the Hell In A Cell PPV with CM Punk dropping the World title to The Undertaker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I was surprised to read the rumours on other sites about Bret possibly coming back, but it would be nice to see him. I didn't know there was a legal thing that means he couldn't do any physical stuff, even like putting on the sharpshooter that would be of minimal risk to him. I think the fact that he didn't confirm or deny it in a recent interview has just added fuel to the fire. Wouldn't it be great if they did some sort of angle with him against Michaels for revenge for Montreal.

I think there's a good chance the Rock will be a guest host on Raw. It seems stupid for him to bring that up on his video message on SD if it's not on the cards.

I wonder what CM Punk did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

John Cena will begin filming his next WWE Studios movie this December in New Orleans, titled Oxley's Road. Cena plays the lead character, Cal Oxley, the youngest son of a wrestling family who decides to join his high school's wrestling team.
    The decision to join the team is made against Cal's mother's wishes in an effort to get her and Cal's older brother to reconnect as they've been estranged for a decade after Cal's father died in a car accident.
    A 15 year old boy is being cast as a younger version of Cal, so he will be the centerpiece of the movie while John Cena plays a smaller role as the older version of Cal. Patricia Clarkson plays Cal's mother Sharon.
    Oxley's Road has a budget of $10 million and will be going straight to DVD. Filming is set to begin on December 8th in the New Orleans area.

It sounds very different to the Marine and Marine 2 aka 12 Rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 33,328 ✭✭✭✭Penn

JP Liz wrote: »
    It sounds very different to the Marine and Marine 2 aka 12 Rounds

Wait, if he's shooting in December, does this mean Orton will win at Bragging Rights and Cena will have to leave Raw?

For the love of God don't send Cena to Smackdown!

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/42011/spiketv-touts-three-hour-super-impact-and-global-impact-special-matches-announced-for-both.html?p=1
    Spike TV and TNA Wrestling
    To Present Special Programming In October
    'Global Impact 2' Premiere Thursday, October 8 at 11:00 PM, ET/PT, 'Super iMPACT!' Premieres Thursday, October 15 Starting At 9:00 PM, ET/PT, Spike TV

NEW YORK, Oct. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Spike TV goes to the mat with Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling with two special programming events in October.

On Thursday, October 8 at 11:00 PM, ET/PT, immediately following the regular weekly telecast of TNA "iMPACT!," Spike will present "Global Impact 2," a one-hour special featuring an international showdown between TNA Wrestling and New Japan Pro Wrestling from the world-famous Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan.

"Global Impact 2" matchups include "Main Event Mafia vs. New Japan Main Event" featuring Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Mashahiro Chono and Riki Choshu vs. Giant Bernard, Takashi Iizuka, Tomohiro Ishii and Karl Anderson; "IWGP Tag Team Championship Match" with Team 3D going up against Togi Makabe and Toru Yano and "IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match" featuring the Motor City Machineguns vs. Yujiro and Tetsuya Naito.

The following week, on Thursday, October 15, Spike will present a three-hour (9:00 PM - Midnight, ET/PT) super-sized installment of "iMPACT!" as the superstars of TNA make their final preparations before TNA's "Bound For Glory" pay-per-view event taking place that weekend.

The main event on Spike that evening will feature two of the biggest stars in TNA, as "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles wrestles for the first time since becoming TNA World Champion in a Grudge Match against the leader of the Main Event Mafia, Kurt Angle. Also, "The Boss" Bobby Lashley takes on "The War Machine" Rhino in a Stretcher Match. "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan takes on Booker T. from the Main Event Mafia. "Super iMPACT!" will also give wrestling fans a behind-the-scenes look at some of the biggest stars in TNA as a preview of the AJ-Sting, Mick Foley-Abyss, Lashley-Samoa Joe and Matt Morgan-Kurt Angle matches at "Bound For Glory." Viewers will see the warriors away from the ring, training, with family, with unprecedented access.

With three hours, TNA have no excuse for not giving Angle vs. AJ at least 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,175 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wait, if he's shooting in December, does this mean Orton will win at Bragging Rights and Cena will have to leave Raw?

For the love of God don't send Cena to Smackdown!

Doesn't sound like he will have that much to do in the movie, based on that blurb. To me, it reads that the kid will be the main charactor in the movie with Cena doing some scenes of him grown up. He has filmed bigger roles around his WWE commitments, so with a, seemingly, light filming load he should be able to do so again.

Though he was single last time round (or at least not married) so maybe that will have an impact this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Not sexy numbers from Summerfest....

The early buyrate estimates for WWE SummerSlam are 375,000-380,000 buys according to WWE's corporate website. These estimates were as of August 31, just eight days following the PPV so it is possible the number will increase. Last year's SummerSlam drew 500,000 buys
    http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1254814516.php?style=dark

The guest host done wonders for the ratings but it has been a worry for some how they affected the buyrates. I mean those who tune in just to see Shaq are they going to bother with the PPV? The economy can be blamed as well. The main events for this year BTW were.....
    Punk v Hardy-TLC, Cena v Orton and DX v Legacy,while last year we had Cena v Batista, Edge v Taker -Hiac, Punk v JBL and Hunter v Khali.
    Its roughly the same personal so I dunno if you can blame the guys in the main event either.

A Shocking & Sad Update On 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper

As reported yesterday, WWE Hall of Famer "Rowdy" Roddy Piper was recently forced to pull out of a number of previously scheduled appearances as a result of a serious illness. In a sad update on the situation, I can confirm that his cancer has returned. However, this time it's believed to be terminal as he's not expected to live much longer.

According to a well-placed source within World Wrestling Entertainment, Vince McMahon has informed creative to prepare to scrap a segment or two for next week's Raw as he is planning on running a few video tributes honoring the wrestling legend — just in case.

Piper, 55, was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma in November 2006 after doctors found a cancerous tumor on a disc in his spine. Back discomfort had forced Piper to leave WWE's tour of Europe and return to North America in order to undergo surgery. In the weeks that followed, Piper spent the majority of his time in a local hospital, undergoing extensive radiation treatment in hopes of vanquishing the cancer that had invaded his body. While the cancer would eventually disappear, as noted, it recently returned.

Not sure about source but if it is true then :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Heard about Piper too. Not confirmed but sad if true. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

davrho wrote: »

Um obviously I hope its rubbish but I shall wait for a more creditable source on this. Their was a silly story about The King been in a car crash and only having a few hours to live a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Not sure about source but if it is true then :(
    Rjd2 wrote: »
    Um obviously I hope its rubbish but I shall wait for a more creditable source on this. Their was a silly story about The King been in a car crash and only having a few hours to live a few months ago.

Is rajah.com a good source for news as they have the story up as well. I'm not going to post the story as it's the exact same as dojojoe posted

I really, REALLY hope this isn't true. The Hot Rod is a legend to the wrestling business. If this story is a hoax, whoever make it up is 1 sick person

• Advertisement

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/42056/important-update-on-roddy-piper.html?p=1
    In regard to reports floating around that WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, they are 100% untrue.

In speaking with one of Piper's representatives today, I was told that while Piper has taken time off for health-related issues after wrapping his most recent film, he is not dying and was not diagnosed at that time with being terminally ill from cancer.

I was told Piper was advised by his doctors to take a break from his work schedule to recover from some health issues and is doing so.

An official statement from Piper's representatives may be forthcoming, but in any event, no, Piper is not terminal with cancer.

All that said, do keep Piper in your thoughts as he deals with his health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Thanks be to God that Hot Rod doesn't have terminal cancer. There are some sick people in the world that write complete bull**** just to get a story going regardless of who the person the directed by the story is or their health. I'll be honest, this sort of stuff makes me sick and mad:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

The Observer confirms the same story. Good news indeed.
    by Dave Meltzer
    Rumors floating around today regarding the health of Roddy Piper appear to be unfounded and while Piper has taken time off from all appearances due to doctor's orders, he is expected to start back on an appearence schedule at the end of the month.
    According to Piper's agent, Noelle Kim, who talked with him yesterday, he is doing well. She said after the filming of a recent movie, he was told by doctors that he needed to take a break from acting and personal appearances and is taking the break.
    "He does not have cancer," she said. "He's been going at it without a break since he was a teenager and the doctors told him that he needed a rest."
    Piper suffered from Hodgkin's Lymphoma, diagnosed in 2006 after he was in great pain while wrestling on a WWE tour of Europe. He had beaten the cancer and had been doing acting gigs and personal appearances, and was traveling virtually every week until pulling out of his recent bookings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Thank god its not true about Piper.

There are loads rumours released by wrestling dirtsheets/internet and other gossip outlets that are complete nonsense. To pretend a man is dying is as low as you can go. Playing on peoples emotions is a strange way to get your kicks.

Another thing. Most these "an insider said" and "backroom staff said" and "heat on ........." We all know the pish but as wrestling fans we spend half our time debating false stories with not one direct quote. I slag football fans for believing the Sun tranfer stories and other tabloid garbage but fall for the same bull when wrastling is the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Another thing. Most these "an insider said" and "backroom staff said" and "heat on ........." We all know the pish but as wrestling fans we spend half our time debating false stories with not one direct quote. I slag football fans for believing the Sun tranfer stories and other tabloid garbage but fall for the same bull when wrastling is the topic.

WWE need to take a more maturer approach and be a little more open to the wrestling media who try to get their stories straight instead of being so enclosed.

For example, UFC uses the MMA media and the internet in general to not only inform their fans but to enable them to get their spin out there too. WWE on the other hand outwardly ignores reputable wrestling journalists while at the same are inwardly very much aware of them. I just think the WWE could be a little more open like they were in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I know wrestling has it's own (slightly weird) code of ethics but it seems to be a bad business to strip CM Punk of the title, in the opening match of a PPV. Could they not punish him in some other way, financially or withdrawing perks of being a champion. It seems a bit strange that to punish him they sort of shoot themselves in the foot by doing it so publicly.

Also, I didn't know Undertaker wasn't 100%. Hasn't he just come back from an extended period of time off? Is he injured again or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lads, I am locking this for the time being. It seems to have become a do for all thread which defeats the purpose of it. There are some good topics being discussed which merit threads of their own. I will re open this in a few days.

The rule on it will be, you can post a tid bit of info, and if there is to be discussion on that bit of info, open a thread for it.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement