Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Something that some people here might be interested in hearing is the story of Jim Mitchell applying to join WWE. It was mentioned in the Observer last week but there's a more detailed account this week, obviously after some correspondence from Mitchell

JR had written some good words about Mitchell in one of his blogs a few months back and Mitchell e-mailed him to thank him and he also asked that if he were looking to get into WWE, should he contact Johnny Ace or FCW. JR said to get in touch with Steve Keirn in FCW

Mitchell sent an e-mail to Keirn asking if there were any possibility of him getting a chance there. He included all the promotions that he's worked for (all the major promotions really, and he worked one of the first ECW PPVs for WWE) and some Youtube links to some of his TNA promos. Keirn sent a short e-mail back saying to come to the tryouts in May

Mitchell asked for more details and Keirn replied with "you're trying out for WWE, what else?". He didn't respond to another e-mail

Later on, Mitchell found out that it was one of the evaluation camps that they sometimes do where you have to pay $1000. Mitchell e-mailed Keirn asking if it applied to him, because obviously they've got access to a lot of his work

He went to the evaluation after working on promos for Umaga, Knox and Kozlov but Keirn acted as if he was trying out to be a wrestler. Mitchell showed him the e-mails where he made it clear that he wanted to be a manager and he was told to come back when they're doing manager try-outs

There's a suggestion that they led him along just to mess with him, but on the occasions that he applied to them in the '90s they always let him know early on that they weren't interested

The whole thing's a pity, as Mitchell is a nice guy and a great talker. Sticking him with any wrestler who lacks mic skills immediately raises that person's stock

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Wonder if Steve Keirn is still bitter about the Skinner gimmick in 1991?
    Horrible, unprofessional behaviour in any case.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The Mitchell story sounds terrible. Why take the time to embarrass a guy like that. Really poor behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Fozzy wrote: »
    That Trigg interview doesn't mention that he's rejoined the UFC.

He mentions it briefly in the forth paragraph. What WWE did to Mitchell is WWE's loss and is grossly unprofessional.

Abyss talks Abyss:
    KEARNEY - In many ways, Chris Parks doesn't fit the professional wrestler stereotype.

On the phone, he is articulate and polite as he speaks about his master's degree in marketing and sports administration from Ohio University and about how his career took a 180-degree turn when he decided to follow his passion for wrestling.

In other more noticeable ways, Parks is a perfect fit with TNA Wrestling, the professional wrestling company that will be at Kearney's Viaero Event Center at 4 p.m. Sunday.

Parks is 6 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 340 pounds. When he's in the ring, he whips his head back to keep his long, curly hair and sweat from his eyes. Fans, he said, sometimes recognize his tattoos.

"I was so kind of in love with wrestling that instead of getting a 9 to 5 job after I graduated, I decided to go the other way with it and I joined a wrestling school in 1994," Parks said. " I've been doing it ever since."

In the ring he is Abyss, a character he crafted along with TNA head writer Dutch Mantel when the company started in 2001.

"It's really kind of a crazy, psychotic character who has spent his younger years growing up in an insane asylum, was abused by his parents and didn't have any friends, and now he's been sanctioned for release. And that's not a good thing for a lot of people," he said laughing.

"I'm more of a good guy, actually. I'm the psychotic, crazy, you-never-know-what-he's-going-to-do character. It's always fun to be something that you're not, to play something that you're not in real life.

"I wear a mask that covers my face, but I still get people who recognize me because of my size," he said. "It's hard to hide. They'll recognize me for my size or my tattoos or something will give it away."

TNA, short for Total Nonstop Action, is a professional wrestling promotion company. Its wrestlers perform on tour and in weekly televised fights on Spike TV.

Parks said professional wrestlers are more than just actors or performers - they're athletes.

"It's an athletic event, and what we're doing in the ring takes a lot of athleticism and it comes with a lot of risk. We can be hurt badly at any time, and guys do get hurt all the time," he said.

"But on the other end, it's also that element of theater, that element of drama that kind of adds to it. That's where the entertainment value kind of comes in to play. So, I think it's definitely a mix of both."

Parks said central Nebraska wrestling fans who come to the show Sunday won't be disappointed.

"It's our first time there, I believe, so we're excited about TNA, the whole company, we're excited about bringing our brand of professional wrestling to the great fans up there who haven't had a chance to see us live yet.

"The show is going to be really well-rounded. It's going to have a little bit of everything: small high-flying X Division guys, the beautiful knockout women of TNA and then the heavyweights," he said.

"It's a good mix of a lot of different things in a two or two and a half-hour show. We work hard, and we want to make sure our fans get their money's worth when they come see us."

• Advertisement

Details on Hogans new book:
    Hulk Hogan's second autobiography "My Life Outside The Ring" will be released on 10/27. Unlike the WWE-authorized bio from several years back, this one will focus on the more recent issues in his and his family's life. The book is co-authored by Mark Dagostino.

The official blurb for the book released by St. Martin's Press reads:

Hulk Hogan, born Terry Bollea, burst onto the professional wrestling scene in the late seventies and went on to become a world wrestling champion many times over. From humble beginnings, this giant of a man escaped a pre-ordained life of dock and construction work in Port Tampa, Florida, to become one of the most recognizable celebrities on the planet. He did it through sheer will, grit, determination, and a drive to always go over the top and do more than what others thought possible.

From the outside, his story was one of a charmed life—he was at the top of his career, had a wonderful and loving family, and a lifelong fan base who worshipped him. Of course he had his up and downs—including hints of steroid abuse and his falling out with WWE and Vince McMahon—but it’s been the last two years that have tested Hogan more than any other in his lifetime.

In 2007, while riding the massive success of his VH1 reality show, Hogan Knows Best, his son Nick was involved in a tragic car accident that left his best friend in critical condition. Then Linda, his wife, left him after 23 years of marriage, his beloved daughter Brooke blamed him for the breakup and his son went to jail. The tabloid media had a field day. When unflattering jailhouse conversations between him and his son were released to the press the tabloids were in a frenzy. The sudden turmoil and tragedy surrounding Hogan took its toll. He fell into a deep depression, seeing no way out, until one fate ful phone call.

In My Life Outside the Ring, Hogan will unabashedly recount these events, revealing how his new found clarity steadied him during the most difficult match of his life—and how he emerged from the battle feeling stronger than ever before.

Details on Hogans new book:

Poor bastid still thinks people give a f*ck about him. :D

I think we should change this thread to Mr TNA's daily news:p

I'm not complaining, it saves me having to visit random sites to get some news. Thanks Mr TNA.

This should be interesting if JB can post footage (from his Twitter), DM-ICE I ain't Mr. TNA for nothing:):
    Abyss will be doing the weather on the 6pm KQTV news in St. Joe. I'll try and post footage

For all those interested, the tickets for TNA's UK Tour in January went on sale today, I'll be heading off to the London show myself:
    TNA'S JANUARY 2010 UK TOUR - TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW! VENUES AND SUPERSTARS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!

Superstars confirmed thus far to compete on the tour (many more to be added in the coming weeks): AJ Styles, The British Invasion, Daniels, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Scott Steiner, Abyss, X Division Champion Suicide, Team 3D, Motor City Machineguns, Matt Morgan, Awesome Kong and Beer Money. Stay tuned for more announcements on the huge tour!

Here are the venues for TNA's upcoming tour of the United Kingdom - tickets are available at GIGSANDTOURS.COM

SATURDAY, JANUARY 23
    Glasgow Braehead Arena

TUESDAY, JANUARY 26
    Bournemouth International Center

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27
    Cardiff International Arena

THURSDAY, JANUARY 28
    Coventry Skydome

FRIDAY, JANUARY 29
    Manchester Evening News Arena

SATURDAY, JANUARY 30
    London Wembley Arena

More info coming soon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 corourke

Wats happening with batista ?? why is he going off the scene again??

This should be interesting if JB can post footage (from his Twitter), DM-ICE I ain't Mr. TNA for nothing:):

That would be interesting viewing!

corourke wrote: »
    Wats happening with batista ?? why is he going off the scene again??

He got injured again and had to have another operation.

Sid Vicious talks his upcoming Independent matches and some other stuff:
    He may be going to many of the same places he's been before, but for Sid Vicious, it's time to finally enjoy the ride.

"Not only do I want to see the wrestlers again, I want to see the world that I saw before, but I want to see it in a slower motion," Vicious told SLAM! Wrestling. "I want to appreciate these things one time around. That's the reason I've worked so hard to get back to where I am now."

Before his very serious in-ring injury at the WCW Sin pay-per-view in January 2001 -- an injury that required a titanium rod having to be inserted into his leg in place of his tibia -- Vicious was all about doing his job. In most stops, he'd hit the gym twice a day and at the end of a show, it was into the shower and onto the next stop.

"I never took time out for one thing," he said. "I didn't take a picture of anywhere I was. Now I'm doing what I want to do and I get to appreciate some of the cities I've been in."

Vicious believes that he's in the best shape of his career and wants one more run in a major promotion, specifically World Wrestling Entertainment. For the time being though, Vicious is on his way to Canada for two shows over the next week. First, he'll be in Montreal, Quebec on June 13 for NCW, where he'll battle Frankie the Mobster.

"I've heard some really good things about him," said Vicious. "I like people that have an open mind about the business. Hulk Hogan has his own way, his own match and just like Ric Flair, it never changes. I've heard this guy is real open to things and he can move around real well, so I'm looking forward to working with him."

Then on June 18, Vicious will be in Thunder Bay, Ontario for a legends Wrestling Supershow -- which also features Lanny Poffo, Jim Neidhart, Brutus Beefcake, Koko B. Ware and the Highlanders -- and a meeting with Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Vicious isn't sure if he and Duggan ever crossed paths previously, but is intrigued by the test the match could present.

"We're two totally different people," he said. "Jim has a very popular character. In the States, Jim does the USA thing, but I just don't know if it will be as popular in Canada. I don't think it will be. That will have to be one of the first obstacles we try and get around. I look forward to a challenge. That's fun."

Perhaps even more so than his matches, Vicious is looking forward to being around the Canadian fans, who he considers to be some of the smartest wrestling fans.

His opinion of Canadians in general was vastly formed when he was involved in an auto accident between Montreal and Ottawa, where he broke his neck. That day he learned a lot about his neighbours to the north.

"Being from the south, I didn't really know how Canadian people were and that day, those people pulled over and really helped me when I was injured. I really look at Canadians with a different view. They're very good people and some of the greatest wrestling fans in the world and I'm looking forward to seeing them."

Surely the Canadian fans are looking forward to seeing the new Sid Vicious, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Am i right in saying that Sid was pretty horrific in the ring?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Is it wrong that I wanna see Sid in the WWE?

That depends on why you want to see him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Im in the same boat. Its most likely a nostalgia thing but I could picture him with ECW playing a bully heel type fellow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DM-ICE wrote: »
    That depends on why you want to see him back.

honesty im not sure, not for his classic in ring prowess or anything and as Dancor suggests nostalgia is bound to play a part but something makes me wanna see it happen. Id only get him on a short contract and see how he does to begin with of course as he would be far from guaranteed a good addition at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Everytime I think of him, Its WM 13, and the story of ****ting himself in the Taker match :D Dont know if its true but still funny.

• Advertisement

The update on Mysterio from f4wonline.com is that he hasn't handed in his notice, but that there are problems between him and WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The update on Mysterio from f4wonline.com is that he hasn't handed in his notice, but that there are problems between him and WWE

This about him throwing a strop over the treatment of Vicky?

Any suggestions as to why rey and wwe may have had a falling out?

RE: Sid, i would rather they brought in Matt Morgan or continue with Harry Smith as they are younger.

If Sid gets a chance I wouldn't be against it on the basis it would be a great achievement after the leg snap.

Degag wrote: »
    Am i right in saying that Sid was pretty horrific in the ring?

I wouldn't say he was horrific, he wasn't bad for a big man. He was just very careless and had little regard for anyone he worked with. He wasn't particularly passionate about wrestling (he preferred softball), so he'd often walk out on the promotion he was working with (and is apparently the reason he missed a lot of dates in 1992 before being canned from WWE).

Being injury prone didn't help either.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    This about him throwing a strop over the treatment of Vicky?

I'd doubt that. She wanted to leave and while WWE did go over the top in insulting her from what I've heard, I don't think it was unexpected

I'm not totally sure, but I think I heard a while back that Mysterio's contract was coming up this summer, so it might just be related to contract negotiations

There might also be the possibility that Rey is one of the guys who is speculated to have failed a drug test, and maybe he's got issues with that

I'm not totally sure, but I think I heard a while back that Mysterio's contract was coming up this summer, so it might just be related to contract negotiations

Christian lowball job? They can send him to TNA and put their main title on him!
    Oh wait...
    There might also be the possibility that Rey is one of the guys who is speculated to have failed a drug test, and maybe he's got issues with that

He has issues with failing a drug test? That's a good one, wasn't he one of the guys who got suspended over the signature pharmacy stuff a couple of years back, and then came back looking like he had eaten Aretha Franklin?!

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    He has issues with failing a drug test? That's a good one, wasn't he one of the guys who got suspended over the signature pharmacy stuff a couple of years back, and then came back looking like he had eaten Aretha Franklin?!

It's just speculation on my part! The signs point to some drug test failures coming soon, and given that Rey failed before it could be the same situation that Umaga was just in

It's just speculation on my part! The signs point to some drug test failures coming soon, and given that Rey failed before it could be the same situation that Umaga was just in

Don't get me wrong Foz, I'm not having a go at you!
    I'm just saying that Rey would have some f*cking cheek (if it were to be the case), to take exception to a drugs failure given how he was busted before. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I'd doubt that. She wanted to leave and while WWE did go over the top in insulting her from what I've heard, I don't think it was unexpected

Honestly Rey failing a drug test would be no huge shock looking at him, but this Rey story seems like wild speculation from everyone. He could be injured or selling the Jericho storyline as ell but that would not be as interesting for the dirt sheets.:pac:

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Honestly Rey failing a drug test would be no huge shock looking at him, but this Rey story seems like wild speculation from everyone. He could be injured or selling the Jericho storyline as ell but that would not be as interesting for the dirt sheets.:pac:

In fairness, Meltzer is just reporting what a number of wrestlers would have told him. He's never going to make something up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement