Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,398 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sky88 wrote: »
    it was a smackdown event so he wouldnt be there

Ah, good point. Then yeah, probably the Brothers of Destruction. Taker was in that 6-man tag too so he was probably close by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Jericho broke it up I bet.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Credit: F4WOnline.com

There aren't a lot of details on this yet, but apparently there was a fight backstage at the Smackdown/ECW live event in Arecibo, Puerto Rico on Saturday night between The Great Khali and Big Show.

The main event that night saw Matt Hardy, The Undertaker and Khali defeat Big Show, Chris Jericho and CM Punk. At the end, Show and Khali brawled outside of the ring together. When they got backstage, there was apparently an argument. One story said Khali messed something up at the finish and Show called him out on it and they started grappling around.

One source said, “Show slipped on someone’s bag and it was over.”

Another report said that after they ended up on the ground, Khali mounted Show and was hitting him with slaps before The Undertaker pulled them apart. Show and Khali were kept away from each other in the ring for the rest of the tour.

Saw that at another forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

(From 411mania.com/wrestling)
    - Newsday recently interviewed TNA's Matt Morgan, here are the highlights…

On his career goals in TNA:: "Cornette and other people who have helped coach and train me over the years have always said, ‘You don't stop until you're headlining pay per views. And even then, you don't stop. You keep doing whatever you can to improve.' And that's what I'm still trying to do. I headlined this last pay per view and I'm main eventing again at No Surrender in a four-way match with Kurt [Angle]. People can just rest on their laurels, and I know it's cliché to say that's just not what I want to do. But it's the truth. I don't. My goal is to not just be a TNA world heavyweight champion, but at some point, to be able to put the weight of this company on my shoulders, and carry it in al different facets."

On being his own worst critic:: "Cornette almost gets mad at me sometimes because I totally over-analyze certain things, or I used too. Not as much this year. And I'm noticing it is working. I'm just going out to the ring and letting things come to me and reacting instead of trying to make them happen, and then you end up looking like a D-rated actor, because wrestlers aren't the best actors in the world to begin with. We're the best re-actors, when we're on our games, I think."

On the Internet wrestling community:: "And now were in a day and age where they're so – and I don't know why – they're so into negativity. It's like, you read Star Magazine or you read People Magazine. Negativity on the magazine rack, it may sell. But on the Internet, it's almost like they follow suit too much. There's never a positive story. Very rarely do you see a positive story. That's why I never read the Internet and I never will. Cornette taught me that my first year in the business. And I said, "Why?" Because it's so darn negative. If you're a young kid – I have 17-year-olds who have talked to me about ratings. Now, I'm sorry, but when I was 17 I was nothing thinking about ratings as a wrestling
    fan. I was thinking about going to see my favorite wrestler. I was thinking about things like that. I think the NWO was about to get hot at that time. That's what I was thinking about – not about the ratings crap, and not about like being overly negative."

On criticisms of the type of hardcore wrestling exhibited in his feud with Abyss: : "I've had opportunities to say, ‘I don't want to do this' or ‘I'm not comfortable doing this.' I always think it's up to the wrestler, and it really is. Vince McMahon is not breathing down your neck saying, "You're fired unless you do this." I swear to God as my witness, it's up to performer. If you're not comfortable doing it, you just don't do it. They're not coming up to me and saying, ‘Matt you've got to be bleeding from your forehead at this particular part of the match.' No one says that. That's up to us to come up with. That's up to us to say yes or no to. And no one is telling me to light myself on fire and do a triple moonsault off the top of the Impact Zone either. If I do that in order to get the 15 people that are smart marks in the front row to pop, that's my fault. That's my fault for doing that."

On making strides recently in his development:: "I mean, I'm 32 years old, and I'm really just coming into my character. I hate to say character, but coming into my persona right now, where things re clicking and I'm not thinking about things. I'm just reacting to them. I can't stress that enough. I don't know if that makes sense to you, Alfonso, but for me it does, because you can see it out there. You can see me having fun. You can see me, whether it's a grimace or a smile, it's a shoot."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 NeilFrenzy4Ever

This is fúcking great news. This clearly makes Khali the new locker room leader of WWE. I hope soon a nude Khali approaches a nude Undertaker from behind in the showers and without a word just starts soaping up the Undertaker's arse. Would the Undertaker make him stop? After this, I would say; no.

• Advertisement

This is fúcking great news. This clearly makes Khali the new locker room leader of WWE. I hope soon a nude Khali approaches a nude Undertaker from behind in the showers and without a word just starts soaping up the Undertaker's arse. Would the Undertaker make him stop? After this, I would say; no.

Pat Patterson? Is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

:eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'm lost for words after reading that:eek:, What did you have for lunch to write that!!:D

Seriously, It'll take a while to shift that image

Its a delicious image, one that I hope gets actualized in reality soon.

Khali FTW.

Its a delicious image, one that I hope gets actualized in reality soon.

Khali FTW.

I would actually love to see the return of GTV for that one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lilian Garcia announced on her Twitter account yesterday morning that her final day with WWE will take place on Monday, September 21. A Monday Night Raw taping is scheduled to take place at the Verizon Arena at Little Rock, Arkansas that evening. "My last day at WWE is officially Mon, Sept 21st," Garcia wrote. "It will be a bitter sweet night for me."

I say Vince will deffo have the writing team humiliate her on her way out.

What do we think they'll come up with?

DX will be involved, and there'll probably be some sort of sing-off with Jillian. I doubt they'll humilate her though. Bar the occasional slip-up, I thought she did a great job during her 10 years or whatever

I wouldent think Vince will have her humiliated, she isnt leaving on bad terms afaik. They may not even aknowledge that its her last night but if they do itd prob be just something small like The King saying on commentary that they will all miss her then prob cracking ajoke about how they are stuck with the Fink now or something.

I wouldent think Vince will have her humiliated, she isnt leaving on bad terms afaik. They may not even aknowledge that its her last night but if they do itd prob be just something small like The King saying on commentary that they will all miss her then prob cracking ajoke about how they are stuck with the Fink now or something.

Is The Fink coming back? Hope so, he rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

They will probably pick some hotty from FCW to replace her.

I may have been mistaken but wasnt that the fink doing the announcements for Bob Barkers 'The Price is Raw'

I may have been mistaken but wasnt that the fink doing the announcements for Bob Barkers 'The Price is Raw'

I don't know, I haven't seen it

I don't know, I haven't seen it

just checked his wiki to confirm and it was him although its listed as a guest appearance. He could always cover till they replace her though, I remember hearing they were looking for another female announcer who could sing a while back when Lillian first suggested she wanted out.

currently the fink is filling the following roles according to said wiki:
    Finkel currently supplies the voiceover intro for the WWE.com video show The Dirt Sheet and does behind-the-scenes work for WWE projects, including conducting interviews for various WWE.com programs. He is also WWE's chief statistician.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

just checked his wiki to confirm and it was him although its listed as a guest appearance. He could always cover till they replace her though, I remember hearing they were looking for another female announcer who could sing a while back when Lillian first suggested she wanted out.

currently the fink is filling the following roles according to said wiki:

He also goes in search of illegal stuff so he can rat everyone out to WWE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

It seems the 2nd October edition of SmackDown will feture all 3 brands to celebrate 10 years of SmackDown

http://www.wwe.com/schedules/events/rw/eventdetail/10913340

Main event matches for this event

http://www.tdgarden.com/calendar_event.asp?ID=200907301525&TYPE=reg&MONTH=9&DAY=29&YEAR=2009

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

DX will be involved, and there'll probably be some sort of sing-off with Jillian. I doubt they'll humilate her though. Bar the occasional slip-up, I thought she did a great job during her 10 years or whatever

:eek:
    She made more fcuk ups than Mike Adamle!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

WWE put out an ad months ago seeking a latin-American woman to do announcing. I don't know if they hired anyone yet, but there was also talk of them doing an American Idol rip-off where the winner would be Lilian's replacement

Lillian may not be leaving on bad terms, but look what they did to Lita and Vicky Guerrero on their way out; they weren't leaving on bad terms either but Vince was pissed that they were leaving at all and really stuck it to them.

I hope instead of a hog-pen match or having Cryme Time present her with sex toys (as was done with Vicky and Lita respectively), they do something more respectfull.

Lillian may not be leaving on bad terms, but look what they did to Lita and Vicky Guerrero on their way out; they weren't leaving on bad terms either but Vince was pissed that they were leaving at all and really stuck it to them.

I hope instead of a hog-pen match or having Cryme Time present her with sex toys (as was done with Vicky and Lita respectively), they do something more respectfull.

cmon friendly warning this isnt that type of forum and what you had down there before i edited it isnt on and combined with your Khali/Taker comment means im keeping an eye on you Keep your comments clean please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

World Heavyweight Champion, CM Punk, is currently dating former WWE Diva, Lita, reports the UK Sun. WrestleZone.com posted pictures of the two arriving to an event together and sources close to the couple announced to the Sun that they have been dating for nearly a year now. CM Punk apparently told Edge and Matt Hardy face to face as well, although Punk and Lita have kept the relationship quite personal and quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

JP Liz wrote: »
    World Heavyweight Champion, CM Punk, is currently dating former WWE Diva, Lita, reports the UK Sun. WrestleZone.com posted pictures of the two arriving to an event together and sources close to the couple announced to the Sun that they have been dating for nearly a year now. CM Punk apparently told Edge and Matt Hardy face to face as well, although Punk and Lita have kept the relationship quite personal and quiet.

Lita on a pole match perhaps?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Lita on a pole match perhaps?:D

Or up the pole! Boom boom!

(I'll get me coat)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Jesus Punk is some man for the women in fairness to him. Batista eat your heart out.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

- TheHill.com has reported that WWE CEO Linda McMahon will make her intentions known in regards to running for Senator for Connecticut by September 16th.

- WWE has already announced that Linda will resign her position if she decides to run for the Senate. Vince McMahon would then take over her duties.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement