Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I think Ruby very well could be one of the fatalities. The fact that she's on the verge of making a positive decision is a recipe for disaster.

Aside from that I'm not making any guesses - mostly because I don't want to spoil it on myself by thinking about it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I think Ruby very well could be one of the fatalities. The fact that she's on the verge of making a positive decision is a recipe for disaster.

Aside from that I'm not making any guesses - mostly because I don't want to spoil it on myself by thinking about it too much.

That definitely makes a lot of sense, it's a very soap-y thing to do.

"This character's life is going in a really positive direction & everything looks great! We have to kill them off."

Huuuuuuuuuuuge Spoilers no spoilers about who dies
    As Pete proudly tells his bride Debbie that he has booked a surprise helicopter to whisk them away, a heated row will escalate outside between Chrissie Sugden and her cheating husband Robert, who are currently involved in a love triangle of their own.

Chrissie will then set light to Robert's prized car but the fire will quickly get out of control, causing a stack of gas canisters to explode just as the arriving helicopter passes.

Chrissie and Robert can do nothing but look on in horror as the two collide, causing the helicopter to hurtle on a doomed trajectory towards the village hall, where the unsuspecting wedding party are celebrating.

Cain knocks Ross unconscious, ties his feet and hands together and bundles him into the back of a van. Not one to do things by halves, Cain then drives the vehicle off to the edge of a cliff and abandons Ross there.

It doesn't take too long for Ross to force open the back door of the locked van, but when he is unable to manoeuvre his way to safety, he is left with no choice but to risk his life by diving downwards into the deep water below.

As the dust settles on Emmerdale's helicopter disaster, schemer Emma Barton to spark big trouble in the village.

Emma's family will be rocked forever next week, as an explosive set of episodes sees Debbie Dingle's affair with Ross Barton exposed at her wedding to his brother Pete

In the aftermath of the unforgettable wedding day, Emma is being tipped as the one to watch as she surveys the impact on her family and decides to take action of her own.

Robert & Aaron get back together

Andy Sugden discovers the truth about his wife Katie's tragic demise.

New Characters are on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

As Pete proudly tells his bride Debbie that he has booked a surprise helicopter to whisk them away, a heated row will escalate outside between Chrissie Sugden and her cheating husband Robert, who are currently involved in a love triangle of their own.

Chrissie will then set light to Robert's prized car but the fire will quickly get out of control, causing a stack of gas canisters to explode just as the arriving helicopter passes.

Chrissie and Robert can do nothing but look on in horror as the two collide, causing the helicopter to hurtle on a doomed trajectory towards the village hall, where the unsuspecting wedding party are celebrating.

Cain knocks Ross unconscious, ties his feet and hands together and bundles him into the back of a van. Not one to do things by halves, Cain then drives the vehicle off to the edge of a cliff and abandons Ross there.

It doesn't take too long for Ross to force open the back door of the locked van, but when he is unable to manoeuvre his way to safety, he is left with no choice but to risk his life by diving downwards into the deep water below.

As the dust settles on Emmerdale's helicopter disaster, schemer Emma Barton to spark big trouble in the village.

Emma's family will be rocked forever next week, as an explosive set of episodes sees Debbie Dingle's affair with Ross Barton exposed at her wedding to his brother Pete

In the aftermath of the unforgettable wedding day, Emma is being tipped as the one to watch as she surveys the impact on her family and decides to take action of her own.

Didnt think that would happen. Cant understand that??????????????
    robert & Aaron

Well, that all sounds very exciting indeed...

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    Didnt think that would happen. Cant understand that??????????????
    robert & Aaron

More than likely
    they'll keep bumping uglies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Val is actually starting to annoy me now to be honest , the storyline will probably get funny again I know , but I can't wait for her to disappear at this stage .

I said the exact same thing this evening. I'm not a big fan of Val's, anyway. But at this stage, I can't wait to see her gone.

I hope Dan is not one of the casualties. He is just such a nice character, very funny, and kind. He and Kerry are very funny together. The man is an all round saint, being able to work in that garage, as well. There must be times he is the one keeping it going, while Debbie and Ross are up to no good, and Cain is involved elsewhere...mostly punching Robert, at the moment. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Great to hear new characters are on the way.
    Emmerdale has been stale for me in recent years and I can't remember the last time a new family moved into the Dales...well, apart from Chrissie and her Dad but they're boring.

• Advertisement

ITV has reassured fans that multiple characters will die in Emmerdale as a result of the helicopter smash & nobody is safe

I like the use of multiple CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK :D:D:D:D:D

fussyonion wrote: »
    Great to hear new characters are on the way.
    Emmerdale has been stale for me in recent years and I can't remember the last time a new family moved into the Dales...well, apart from Chrissie and her Dad but they're boring.

Jaysus, you really are a fussyonion, aren't ya? Emmerdale stale in recent years? Really? That's mad, because I think it has been the best it has ever been over the past few years... I watch far too many soaps and recently dropped a few for being a bit sh**e (cough cough CORONATION STREET cough cough), but Emmerdale has been by far my favourite for quite some time... Different strokes for different folks I suppose, but it's weird when you hear such a criticism for a show that has mostly been lauded by the fans as of late...

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

I'm looking forward to next week but think I've spoilt it for myself a bit by reading all the spoilers ( just can't resist :-( ). One of the things Emmerdale has done best in recent years is keep us guessing but now we know so much it's not hard to work out the rest.

piperh wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to next week but think I've spoilt it for myself a bit by reading all the spoilers ( just can't resist :-( ). One of the things Emmerdale has done best in recent years is keep us guessing but now we know so much it's not hard to work out the rest.

Don't worry those spoilers are super vague though they will have lots of surprises for next week trust me :)

It's something I really enjoy about Emmerdale, the fact that they do keep some twists under wraps. One that I thought worked really well, was bringing Rachel back to testify against Charity.
    (I wish Rachel had left again straightaway :D, but that's a whole different post).

There are lots more, I know, indeed, Charity having baby Moses, would be a more recent one.

Anyway, Emmerdale, in my view, is going from strength to strength, and hopefully will start to get the recognition it deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,856 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

LynnGrace wrote: »
    It's something I really enjoy about Emmerdale, the fact that they do keep some twists under wraps. One that I thought worked really well, was bringing Rachel back to testify against Charity.
    (I wish Rachel had left again straightaway :D, but that's a whole different post).

There are lots more, I know, indeed, Charity having baby Moses, would be a more recent one.

Anyway, Emmerdale, in my view, is going from strength to strength, and hopefully will start to get the recognition it deserves.

+100 :)

I don't watch any of the other soaps any more, only Emmerdale.
    It makes my mind boggle as to why it never gets the recognition it deserves at any of the Soap/Tv Award shows , it's like the poor relation tagging along behind the others :(

I think the quality of the actors , and the storylines are second to none to be honest , what other soap could have you laughing And crying at the same scene sometimes ??

Roll on tomorrow night , let the fun begin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chrissie isn't dying, she causes the crash :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

What is Emmerdale's obsession with characters always getting locked into back of vans/sheds/cor pits/freezers/storage trucks etc!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Why have they made Aaaron into some sort of simpleton????/ He is just a lapdog for Robert! May as well be tied to a collar on a lead!

He has just seen him trying to murder his father figure and knows he more or less killed Katie yet is willing to forget all this for a quick sh*g

Tonight the night :D

• Advertisement

Why have they made Aaaron into some sort of simpleton????/ He is just a lapdog for Robert! May as well be tied to a collar on a lead!

He has just seen him trying to murder his father figure and knows he more or less killed Katie yet is willing to forget all this for a quick sh*g

Many people may have done many a stupid thing for love , depends on how they see that person , be it as they may appear to be or who they want them to be :)
    And I think they both actually did love each other to be honest, would have been simpler if it had have been a quick s--g as you say.

Anyhow roll on tonight , can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Unfollowing this thread for the week when I'm off on holidays! I only hope it's as good as we've all hoped now!

There is a petition to get this weeks episode pulled because its a plane crash saying its in poor taste of the lockerbie plane crash

What? that happened years ago if we banned everything that happened in real life we would have nothing on tv to watch

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Emmerdale controversially had a plane crash on the village not long after the Lockerbie disaster so they've done that already!

I'd understand if they were talking about the plane crash at the air show during the weekend at least.

Excited now for this week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

It was actually to do with the helicopter crash that happened in Scotland last year I think. So still ridiculous but more recent.

Honestly no disrespect to the deceased but if shows had to remove something every time a tragedy occurred then there would never be anything on

if shows had to remove something every time a tragedy occurred then there would never be anything on

Here Here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Many people may have done many a stupid thing for love , depends on how they see that person , be it as they may appear to be or who they want them to be :)
    And I think they both actually did love each other to be honest, would have been simpler if it had have been a quick s--g as you say.

Anyhow roll on tonight , can't wait :D

Was thinking to myself "Emmerdale isn't usually on on a Sunday! Then I remembered today is Monday! Bank holidays can cause me confusion sometimes!!

This place is buzzing today , I take it everyone's as excited for it to start as I am :D

Now , has everyone given their order for their takeaway to Also Starring LeVar Burton ???? I cancelled the Christmas Dinner sorry ; )

What is Emmerdale's obsession with characters always getting locked into back of vans/sheds/cor pits/freezers/storage trucks etc!!

the writer has a very dark disturbed mind :D

Id say there has been more people then groceries in Cains boot over the years :D

• Advertisement

This place is buzzing today , I take it everyone's as excited for it to stat as I am :D

Now , has everyone given their order for their takeaway to Also Starring LeVar Burton ???? I cancelled the Christmas Dinner sorry ; )

I wanted to say earlier that I am ordering the chipper for the hole family but didn't want to sound like a sad bastard :D:D:D:D but yes so am I

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement