Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

My new Eco-Drive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

rwbug wrote: »
    Can't really do a review on it as not worn it much - except to say I think it is a stunner. I also have no idea about accuracy as I don't really care too much, my daily watch is a quartz.

The movement is st1901 which apparently can be a little temperamental, I read that problems mostly come from starting the chrono then using the reset button instead of the stop.

Pricewise it will be $230+customs(maybe)+shipping.

All info on it can be found in this thread.

one for sale on TZ - 179 pounds
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?322695-Seagull-1963-LE-Black-Dial

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I met with forum member sparrowcar today to collect this watch - it's a Sinn 657s.

At 41mm it's smaller than I'm used to, but it wears a little larger. The ETA movement feels a good bit smoother than the Asian watches I've had recently. I've read that the lume is fairly average, but the contrast of the hands on the face makes it quite legible in low light. I really like the minimalist / functional feel of the watch - very German.

16162322578_6c8bdc0a68_z.jpg

16348170301_354220cd48_z.jpg

Edit: Looking back through my flickr account, I think that's about 20 watches bought over the last 2.5 years or so. Beginning to understand the wife's eyes rolling whenever she spots me wearing a new one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I just love that Sinn on so many levels E.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Long time lurker so I though Il show some pieces. This is my 30th Birthday gift from my misses.

4zBOP0Cl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Eoin wrote: »
    Beginning to understand the wife's eyes rolling whenever she spots me wearing a new one.

I like your style Eoin, don't tell them you bought it unless they notice! In a similar style to my OH when I spot she has bought something new. "What this old thing? I've had it ages'

Lovely watch by the way,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

I know some of you will appreciate these.

image.jpg1_zpsz94irlns.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsfu7ezcyv.jpg

rolex_zpswyspn61u.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

mad m wrote: »
    I know some of you will appreciate these.

ak feck off ...:P

Lovely stuff

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

ak feck off ...:P

Lovely stuff

Yeah I know, Ive only really started to take notice of his collection....here is a few more bits he has...

image.jpg1_zps3n27daok.jpg

image.jpg2_zpse42dmo3h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

The first, of a hopefully, substantial collection!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Back over to the Ocean 1 after it being put away for a while
    You really feel like you are wearing this one when you put it on...

DSC03685.jpg

That's lovely. where does one purchase on of those Steinharts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

This is my latest arrival, all the way from Japan with a horrible import charge.

It's a domestic market only Seiko with a fire enamel dial (which is something I had a hankering after for a while). Display back to show the 6R15 movement and its 23 Jewels hidden away in there somewhere. Comes on a shiny crocodile leather with nice deployment clasp.

I took some wrist shots but they're a bit blurry so here's two others I took with it off.

Face:
    23hm06r.jpg

Back:
    wms00.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Lovely watch A. Enamel dials have a special lustre to them and stay like that forever pretty much. More and more I'm realising you really can't go wrong with Seiko.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

art wrote: »
    This is my latest arrival, all the way from Japan with a horrible import charge.

It's a domestic market only Seiko with a fire enamel dial (which is something I had a hankering after for a while). Display back to show the 6R15 movement and its 23 Jewels hidden away in there somewhere. Comes on a shiny crocodile leather with nice deployment clasp.

I took some wrist shots but they're a bit blurry so here's two others I took with it off.

it was partly admiration for the lovely enamel dial on my wife's 70's cartier tank that started me on the WUS path. Really nice seiko.

Thanks Folks, it's just a simple, classic watch really but the enamel makes it seem like it's been around a long time already which I like. I spent a good few months there mulling over the new purchase, veering from Mechanical to Quartz, complicated Chronos to elegant dress, but I'm very happy with the decision now, feels just right on my wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Way to much high end stuff being shown off here.

Here's a little something I got for £27 from Amazon's Boxing Day sale :P

Kind of reminded me of the Hamilton Pan Europ

yLQWSlj.jpg

27 quid? :eek: Niiiiice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Wibbs wrote: »
    27 quid? :eek: Niiiiice.

Yeah lol. I saw it perusing up coming deals. I thought if it wasn't going to be any more than £30 I'll pull the trigger.

The strap is a bit rubbish, so that will be changed soon enough.

Funnily enough I was looking at this before I came across the Sekonda.

ZcXE5Za.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭omega man

Hi all, first post but have been lurking around here for a while.....

My new arrival just out of the box. Was about to take the plunge on creation watches or dutyfreeisland but then found the same watch on Amazon.es for just a little higher price. It's a citizen promaster Sky eco drive. Now what's next.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

This just arrived today from Germany - it's a special edition of the Casio Edifice EBQ-500. I was very nervous buying online as my last purchase, a solar Tissot, was stolen in the post - the shipping box arrived minus the watch!
    Anyway this caught my eye as I like F1 and also watches with gizmos. It has a Bluetooth radio which drove me nuts trying to pair with my Android phone. I gave up in the end and had to resort to the iPad. The setup was not really intuitive as all the watch hands needed recalibrating using the app, what a fiddle but working well now.

20150130_163000.jpg

I'm pretty sure the watch was a store demo model as some of the shrink-wrapped covering was missing from the watch and the manual looked like it was thumbed through. However, the German retailer I bought it from had 20% of all stock (using a code available on their site), so I got a good deal despite this. I have no affiliation whatsoever to the retailer, but the offer is still on until Feb 2nd in case anyone is interested - see http://www.shopjuwelier.de/

Nice watch Dee. Very snazzy. And as we all know...

original.gif

:D No really, how cool is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

No pics as I'm not collecting it until the weekend, but I bought a Sinn 856 UTC this week:D I've been after one for about a year, so I'm well chuffed!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

No pics as I'm not collecting it until the weekend, but I bought a Sinn 856 UTC this week:D I've been after one for about a year, so I'm well chuffed!

You'll have to post a full review! There is a lot of interest in Sinn watches on this board at the moment.[1]

[1] well, I am anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Nice choice. I will eventually get around to owning a 857 UTC at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Homer

OK so not exactly a watch per say but parts of one :D Got these from a friend for my birthday recently and was delighted as I loves me watches and cufflinks too :P

XE-2.jpg

XE-2-4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

SNIP. NO quoting photos. It's in the title of the thread.
    Very nice....what size is this and model number?

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Very nice....what size is this and model number?

Had the model in the title of the post there above, it's the presage SARX027, think they released it just last October. The size is quoted as 39.2mm, to be exact! I'll take a fresh wrist shot at some point and put that in context but it wears slightly larger, I think, than that might sound. The movement I've found over the last few days is amazingly quiet, winding it is also very smooth too, I'm really impressed with it so far - very happy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Had the model in the title of the post there above, it's the presage SARX027, think they released it just last October. The size is quoted as 39.2mm, to be exact! I'll take a fresh wrist shot at some point and put that in context but it wears slightly larger, I think, than that might sound. The movement I've found over the last few days is amazingly quiet, winding it is also very smooth too, I'm really impressed with it so far - very happy! :)

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

aeromatic 1912
    (not the best pic)
    acyfr9.jpg
    nice basic 'pilot style' watch with automatic movement and display caseback as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement