Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Wearing a 43mm Parnis Automatic power reserve today, a recent acquisition from China. I'm willing to forgive the 'chronometer' moniker because its quite well made for the

EDIT: the only thing that annoys me about this watch is the noise of the spinning rotor, it quite loud, pointing at badly designed bearings.

Snap.....I agree with you regarding the spinning noise.....fairly loud. My only other criticism was to swap out the included strap for one of my own....

DC

[IMG][/img]0a902ea24599171e2777e5af831d8174.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

@Decoda, I notice your power indicator goes beyond 40 hours, mine never does. Did you manually wind it up?

Regarding the noise I was thinking of greasing the bearings with some silicone lubricant, I believe it helps cut down on noise slightly. The alternative it to remove the rotor and stick with manual winding but its not bugging me that much...yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi Finglas,

That was out of the box with the new strap put on it. I hadn't wound it yet so on mine that is the 0 hand position. I've never wound beyond the 40 mark?

Let me know how it goes with the bearings. For the money, I really can't fault it.

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Hi guys....so as some of ye who've been generous enough to offer me advice on the purchase,I took the plunge and picked up a tissot prc200 auto chromo...it's a big unit and quite thick which may not be everyone's cup of tea but it was what I was looking for on this occasion!1st Swiss watch but not thebleade hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Came across this on creationwatches for a really good price so chalked it down before Christmas as a smart watch to wear for work with a suit...worked out at just over 150 compared to 289 in weirs so was hard to resist...nice back up for the tissot I reckon....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭893bet

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Hi guys....so as some of ye who've been generous enough to offer me advice on the purchase,I took the plunge and picked up a tissot prc200 auto chromo...it's a big unit and quite thick which may not be everyone's cup of tea but it was what I was looking for on this occasion!1st Swiss watch but not thebleade hopefully!

Very nice! Enjoy it and wear it! No point leaving it at home to mind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The Seiko SNZG13

DlZJGsI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Guys, those of you who have 5-10+ watches, how do you keep them, I mean do u just put them in a drawer or you have any specific stand for it? I have them in a drawer and afraid of getting them scratches....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

bbari wrote: »
    Guys, those of you who have 5-10+ watches, how do you keep them, I mean do u just put them in a drawer or you have any specific stand for it? I have them in a drawer and afraid of getting them scratches....

A cheap way to store them is to check Lidl...they sell tea in boxes, buy one and few cushions...cheap as chips

You can either drink or bin the tea !!!!

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

I use a watch box. Loads of them on Amazon.

• Advertisement

A cheap way to store them is to check Lidl...they sell tea in boxes, buy one and few cushions...cheap as chips

You can either drink or bin the tea !!!!

Any idea what the tea is called so that I get the one you are referring to? Where can you get those small cushions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

They sell the tea boxes on their own every so often. Just keep an eye out for them in the usual weird-assortment aisle.

7298103058_eeef4cc7f7.jpg

You can buy cushions on eBay, or chop up some foam pipe insulation.

Thank Eoin, is that the same tea box ?

Yep, that's the same one - I think they're a tenner. Avoid the cheapo watch cases on eBay; I bought one and they're a bit flimsy.

Thank you, I appreciate your suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

Sadly these are copies, but me being 17 I couldn't afford the strap of one of them nevermind the whole watch..
    Got them all on holidays, still working but they are just eye candy at the minute!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I don't wanna come across as a dick here Seanf999, but the folks here really get peed off at fakes and the charter reflects that. Normally I'd be reaching for the edit button and all that jazz, but since I once bought a fake Breitling when on the lash in Italy(and I wouldn't even buy a real one TBH)...

That said even at 17 *old guy here :)*. It's clear you have an idea of the kinda watches you like and want and I look forward to the day when you get a legit one. You might be surprised but you can source legit and very cool watches, even among the "big names" for a lot less than you might imagine. Stick around, you may yet find some legit and reasonably priced watches you can hang onto for years.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

Wibbs wrote: »
    I don't wanna come across as a dick here Seanf999, but the folks here really get peed off at fakes and the charter reflects that. Normally I'd be reaching for the edit button and all that jazz, but since I once bought a fake Breitling when on the lash in Italy(and I wouldn't even buy a real one TBH)...

That said even at 17 *old guy here :)*. It's clear you have an idea of the kinda watches you like and want and I look forward to the day when you get a legit one. You might be surprised but you can source legit and very cool watches, even among the "big names" for a lot less than you might imagine. Stick around, you may yet find some legit and reasonably priced watches you can hang onto for years.

Sorry I had no idea.. I won't make the same mistake twice..
    Feel free to delete the post

Look what the postman delivered today :D

Radiomir 47mm pilot. I don't think such a watch ever existed? :P

TnMw9hf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I got my wife a Mele jewellery box for Xmas and the shopp also had Mele watch boxes...quality is excellent on them and they are not that expensive, if I hadnt already got a Lidl tea box I would get one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I got my wife a Mele jewellery box for Xmas and the shopp also had Mele watch boxes...quality is excellent on them and they are not that expensive, if I hadnt already got a Lidl tea box I would get one

Which shop?

Can you PM if you don't want name them here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Finally found a NATO that I'm happy with...

IMG_0100_zps846c3be8.jpg

IMG_0099_zpsd48a98cf.jpg

Cool - and that watch will suit a few different styles too. A thin leather one would look very nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Eoin wrote: »
    Cool - and that watch will suit a few different styles too. A thin leather one would look very nice too.

Thanks. I had the Zulu leather one on it before but I just didn't like it. Plus it pulled the hairs out of my wrist! Ha.
    On the lookout for something new (old) now. But not sure what. Something simple maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Got something I'd wanted for ages for Christmas:

E4BF00DD-5162-4544-9926-69831DAE0030.jpg
    C1667C98-32B8-497E-BFA5-0C207D4D350B.jpg

Gorgeous - love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Jawgap wrote: »
    Which shop?

Can you PM if you don't want name them here.

Its called Carousel, they are located in the new Tesco Extra in Naas, inside the main door and one of the first units on the left

have a look online at Mele jewellery boxes, you might see the watch boxes aswell

(ps no affiliation to shop named above, just passing on details)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

All black Chinese Airforce 1963 project watch, arrived without customs bill yay. Will look for more suitable strap, Hirsch Liberty is a bit too rugged imo

http ://i.imgur.com/BOn6j1T.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

apologies mods - just noticed, one more spammy post lets me post pic of watch....good reason for spam I think

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement