Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I posted this Festina watch about 16 months ago. Had nothing but trouble with it. First fault was the second hand just stopping, then starting again. Sent to Germany for repair. Few months later, the same thing happened and it was sent off again. Most recently, the hands started spinning loosely by themselves, so I sent it back for a refund (uhrzeit.org) or to replace it with a different model.

In fairness to them, they covered postage and replaced it with a brand new model over a year later. I much prefer this one. :)

IMG_27991_zps3eb1de1c.jpg~original

IMG_28002_zps50f3e533.jpg~original

IMG_28034_zps314c40b4.jpg~original

IMG_28013_zpsc5a553b9.jpg~original

uhrzeit.org get a thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Excuse the iphone pic, I treated myself to a rubber strap for Christmas, I think I prefer it over the bracelet.

20971988-2E3B-4563-B235-91CA253635B5_zps9adr0hni.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

My 1977 military Timex. Looking a bit sorry for its self at the moment, but finding it hard to pick out a new strap for it. Options are a bit limited with it only being 16mm between the lugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

Lardy wrote: »
    My 1977 military Timex. Looking a bit sorry for its self at the moment, but finding it hard to pick out a new strap for it. Options are a bit limited with it only being 16mm between the lugs.

That's got to look good on a nato or even better a US Mil. strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

That's got to look good on a nato or even better a US Mil. strap.

indeed...a Bond NATO would be perfect...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Decided to wear this today for the cool display during the solstice. Excuse the phone pic :confused:

IMG_20141221_211244.jpg

Funky pic of my Eco-Drive in the dark... Actually sustains good brightness for quite a while!

IMG_0071_zps4db3baa8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I've been lurking in this thread for a while :D some nice watches in here.

This just came in so decided to finally post.

Black Dice Industries "The King" Ceramic body Sapphire glass. Managed to get it for £54

V29OxDIl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

I had an unexexpected PM this morning from a friend on TZ-UK. This will be waiting for me when I get back after Christmas.
    15658330029_681f650b3c_c.jpg

Looks nice but also quite unusual CB. Any more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Not a lot to say at this stage. 42mm wide which is decidedly hefty for a vintage and it apparently is also rated to 500m - if that's correct then it's bloody impressive. ETA 2824 movement so nothing too exotic there.

I'm only familiar with Eberhard as a maker of vintage chronographs and some divers that blow some obvious makes off the cool wall. (Try a google image search on Eberhard Scatograf but make sure the Kleenex are handy).

I missed this when it first came up but thankfully the guy who picked it up is probably the one person on TZ-UK who I've traded, swapped etc the most so he contacted me first once he'd had a change of heart. It's going on a shark mesh with a Sinn deployant when it arrives - the shrouded lugs should match that a treat. I've been looking at the brown Hirsh Caoutchouc straps for a while so that might also go on the list. The more correct option would probably be a tropic but I've never really got my head around those.

On an unrelated note I'm wondering if the Scatograf was designed as a device for measuring the intervals between poos.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Very nice diver CB. Rare one too. Very Benthos/Squale vibe to it. Heavy duty as only 70/80's divers can sometimes be. If a peckish shark ever takes an unseemly interest in you just smack him in the chops with that and that'll put you off the menu. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Speaking of stuff coming to us after Christmas... Like CB I've something waiting for me in the new year. Been waiting for this "grail" for a while, but they were always way too much for my wallet, or dead as a dodo and it's been a long road with great help along the way...

2u8z4vr.jpg

I'm saying nada. Don't wanna jinx it. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,082 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Longines Ultra Quartz?

Mad movement! Looks like they let loose some crazy watchmaker with decent soldering skills :)

ScreenShot2014-04-17at195619.png

*he didn't say it. No he didn't, I swear. Touch wood*. *jinx* *rub rabbit's foot* And damn his eyes for his knowledge. CB, being the true gentleman he is, knew when to say nada, but Unkel being the scoundrel he is... :pac: :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭893bet

A little pressie from swmbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

IMAG0149_zpslox9yojp.jpg

Present from my fiancee. Been watch looking for a few years now and never got around to buying one! Thanks Ciara :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Picked up some wrist candy today :)

image1_zpsff6086d4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

^^^^^nice! Rolex is a brand I've never had an interest in, but lately I have a real itch for a sub.

My Eco-Drive on its new Zulu NATO strap...

My 1977 Timex on its new Bond NATO next to the Eco-Drive... Shame the Timex is sooo small!!

IMG_0077_zps0a1c5b6c.jpg

Lardy wrote: »
    My 1977 Timex on its new Bond NATO next to the Eco-Drive... Shame the Timex is sooo small!!

Maybe the eco drive is too big ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The Seiko SNZG45

dUysqu5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Rodina Automatic fresh in from China, supplied strap replaced with a much more substantial Hirsch Medici curve ended unit. I'm impressed with the workmanship and overall quality of the watch, tough to beat for $100.

2qdyck6.jpgjg4l5d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Currently winging it's way to my wrist......

seagull-1963-air-force-watch-42mm-black.jpg

42mm Seagull 1963 People's Liberation Army Air Force mechanical watch......

........now all I need is the MiG15 to go with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

That 1963 looks very nice. I ordered the new all-black project version, it is currently in a sorting office in Hongkong, hopefully will arrive soon.

Very nice. Wonder why they dropped the 大连 (Dalian) text from the dial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Wearing a 43mm Parnis Automatic power reserve today, a recent acquisition from China. I'm willing to forgive the 'chronometer' moniker because its quite well made for the price point.

sbpyqr.jpg

EDIT: the only thing that annoys me about this watch is the noise of the spinning rotor, it quite loud, pointing at badly designed bearings.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement