Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

Did you hold onto the Tudor Ranger? I was looking at it when the previous owner was selling and you’d bought it by the time I got the funds together for it 😢

Sold it on. I liked it but the guilt of buying the speedmaster made me move it on to raise funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

291681-D5-245-E-4-A14-A239-E1408-F4456-B0.jpg

Is that a new version of the one you had 893?

Same one with some friendly lighting

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭banie01

893bet wrote: »

You are just tempting me in now ya bollox :pac:
    Like a seasoned fisherman, dangling and dancing a jigging fly...

Looks even lovelier than usual.

• Advertisement

Cool...I've see a few (I haven't a clue about them) on tz recently...go about 14k Sterling...

Cool...I've see a few (I haven't a clue about them) on tz recently...go about 14k Sterling...

That would be the 3rd generation of the “modern” overseas. Mine is generation 1.

banie01 wrote: »
    You are just tempting me in now ya bollox :pac:
    Like a seasoned fisherman, dangling and dancing a jigging fly...

Looks even lovelier than usual.

Have decided to keep so stress not. Even in the unlikely event I got an adverts offer of asking I wouldn’t accept I have decided.

Will withdraw the add when I get a chance to post something else up on adverts (I like to have an active add so that I am contactable on there).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Sold it on. I liked it but the guilt of buying the speedmaster made me move it on to raise funds.

Ah feck, I missed it twice so.. Beautiful watch.

Have decided to keep so stress not.

Delighted I won't miss out on it then at least and you've helped make my mind up on my next buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

So the few home remedies didn't work and I didn't want to push it too far, better let an expert at it! Expensive enough fix, for me anyway, but I absolutely love the watch and though not noticable to others the blemishes on the AR were noticable to me and it completely put me off wearing it. So, had the sapphire crystal replaced. Looks amazing now in my opinion, though could probably do with an all round clean up, I'll leave that until the new year I think.

117801905_10213976029434034_1197696619423648027_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=UNzrpM_pFmEAX_QK1t5&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&tp=14&oh=e85af99eece541af86646dfdc961d50c&oe=5F5FE7D7

523254.jpg

I always liked the real dial on those. Almost bought one once but seller backed out if I recall as they identified an issue with the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

After the discussion last night on the Batman thread I put my Steinhart Ocean-39 on and am giving it some more wrist-time today.
    Wet watch day looking out the window at the clampers doing the rounds. There's a guy who owns a b&w Mini who isn't going to be too happy.

523270.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

Apologies in advance, I still can't get photos to embed properly.....

I know Festina is not a brand loved by many watch fans. I once read it described as a brand for people who know nothing about watches :D

However i'm a big cycling fan and I love the history and association of the brand with bike racing (except for the bad bits :o). I have memories as a kid of watching Sean Kelly winning races in his Festina jerseys (I've even bought my wife a Festina :D)

My kids also bought this for me a couple of Christmases ago after seeing me eye a similar watch up in a shop in Tenereife the previous summer. It's probably the watch I wear most.

523362.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭wetlandsboy

My new acquisition. Upgraded from a 2014 GMT Master II BLNR.

523483.jpg

Something a little different

IMG-20200819-121740.jpg

1977 Seiko Lord marvel high beat. 35mm

Bought from tz forum's. Details of restoration here:

https://adventuresinamateurwatchfettling.com/2019/04/13/10-beats-per-second-the-lord-marvel-5740-8000/

It's small but cool. 19mm strap. Will swap it out at some point.

Popped it on Omega aligator strap I had lying around

IMG-20200819-133519.jpg

Cheers,
    Mick

Bought from tz forum's. Details of restoration here:

https://adventuresinamateurwatchfettling.com/2019/04/13/10-beats-per-second-the-lord-marvel-5740-8000/

It's small but cool. 19mm strap. Will swap it out at some point.

Cheers,
    Mick

Mick that's a lovely piece, but once someone reads the article...
    It's an absolutely amazing piece of japanese watchmaking.

banie01 wrote: »
    Mick that's a lovely piece, but once someone reads the article...
    It's an absolutely amazing piece of japanese watchmaking.

Yes it's nice piece of history to go with the watch. I have wanted one for a while but service history and condition had scared me away..oh and I wanted to have at least one Seiko

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Beautiful watch,from the golden years of Seiko. Really cool to have the history to go with it,very well documented. Interesting the dial is a month after the caseback,from watching Spencer Klein repair videos usually the month before.

From watching all these videos and looking at pictures of movement's that make them appear bigger,I keep forgetting how small the parts really are :D

Thanks for sharing a cool piece of history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Saw this Vostok Komandirskie on the Poljot24.de 'rare watch' section. It interested me because of the dial, the fact it was manufactured in the USSR and due to my own experience working on Kuwaiti tankers at the time of the Iran-Iraq War. I did some research and saw somewhere that if the hour hand wasn't 'arrow' then it wasn't 'authentic' which put me off buying it but later discovered this wasn't strictly true.
    So I got it, €92 DHL delivery inc.

523511.JPG

For those who don't know Operation Desert Shield was what America called its mission to oust Saddam Hussein from Kuwait, commonly called the First Gulf War (late 1990-early 1991). The dial shows the U.S. flag super-imposed on the emblem of Saudi Arabia.
    This example isn't one of the more collectable 1st or 2nd edition Amphibias but it is an early Komandirski variant with crown guards in NOS condition.

523512.JPG

I like the 'peacock' case back. I chose the light-brown Rios strap that came supplied.

I knew I'd seen this type of emblem somewhere before and it took me a few days to recall where. Rommel's Afrika Korps had as its seal a palm tree with a Swastika super imposed. Don't know if the designers of this watch dial were aware of this.
    Good article here about the watch: https://vintagewatchinc.com/ussr/vostok/desert-shield/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If you haven't got one of those swiss army knife key rings, get one now and thank me later. I got one as a gift about 15 years ago and I use it so often I don't know how I lived without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

4TwNjOS.jpg

Heres a Bulova A15 reissue I picked up a while ago. It's a good size, is pretty legible and the twin rotating discs make it a bit of a novelty. I like it, but the lume isnt really up to much...maybe I've just been spoiled by Seiko in the past!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Got this last week, very happy with it. Great price. Need to take a better pic, finish is top class on this

523614.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

aidankkk wrote: »
    Got this last week, very happy with it. Great price

Is that the zen Garden on hotukd?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

stuchyg wrote: »
    Is that the zen Garden on hotukd?

Yep, took off the bracelet, as i have too many of those seiko bracelets. Might get a better blue strap for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

aidankkk wrote: »
    Yep, took off the bracelet, as i have too many of those seiko bracelets. Might get a better blue strap for this

The dial looks lovely on the zoomed pics, poor man's snowflake

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

JLC Polaris automatic ... Getting daily wrist wear.

488-EDEA6-D856-464-B-A49-A-4-A4723-A0694-F.jpg

(I can see the embedded pic on my phone, but not on my desktop... Hmm...?)

Very nice. I looked hard at a blue version of the same.

A lot of “sleeper” amazing watches the last month! Hulks, solid gold subs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Beautiful Polaris, do you have it long? Its a watch I've admired from afar but have never tried one on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

A Tag heuer 2000 series with coke bezel i recently sold, replaced it with a Tissot Prs 516 im hoping to replace that with a breitling wings or if i go mad an omega planet ocean.

523695.jpg

523702.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement