Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

My Stowa Marine back from service today. Brand new...

I had ordered a house of straps horween shell cordovan strap in Navy which arrived while it was away. Beautiful combination.

This is one definitely a keeper

That is some beauty Mick fair play and well wear. Did you go for the service + clean or the full package incl case refurb? Looks absolutely mint. Winding like butter now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭micks_address

david wrote: »
    That is some beauty Mick fair play and well wear. Did you go for the service + clean or the full package incl case refurb? Looks absolutely mint. Winding like butter now?

went for service including refurb... sapphires were replaced as well. It says winding stem to... cost 417 including fedex collection from house and return. There were only light scratches on the case which i thought would hand polish out but they said no... i guess they could have just said no to get more money for me..

It is winding smoother now for sure... although could be the awkward speedmaster winding has hardened me up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Those pics have made me cop on and not sell mine . Madness . I must get a navy strap for it . A blue strap made a huge difference to a seiko zen garden I got .

aidankkk wrote: »
    Those pics have made me cop on and not sell mine . Madness . I must get a navy strap for it . A blue strap made a huge difference to a seiko zen garden I got .

what size are the lugs on yours? mines 22mm and i actually have a lovely navy leather from Martu now as welll but i think ill probably keep it on the house of straps one...

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

New Cocktail Time in the post today.

5y8wtv8l.jpg

Having a good think about what strap to put it on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    New Cocktail Time in the post today.

Having a good think about what strap to put it on...

When you decide, will you post here - I was looking to sell mine but can't be facing the hassle of adverts just now, so I might as well spruce it up! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Homer

Out on the water this week so put the Emergency on a white rubber Barton Band

dsT9K7.md.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

that's a class piece of kit. I love seeing a tool watch actually still serving a legitimate current day purpose. It hardly ever happens these days.

When you decide, will you post here - I was looking to sell mine but can't be facing the hassle of adverts just now, so I might as well spruce it up! :pac:

HAKzdULl.jpg

I put it on a brown leather strap that I had at home for now. It won't stay on that for long though, I am thinking a blue leather strap...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

Z7HsO4F.jpg

The newest addition to the collection, a 40mm Glycine Airman. The 24hr dial and movement is a big novelty but I like it. Glad I stayed at the 40mm version, the lug length would make the 42mm look ridiculous on my wrist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm lovin the life on the ocean wave dial and the sharkfin bezel B. Well that's what I choose to call them anyway. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Got my Seiko mod sorted today

Did you get someone to do the mod for you?

Wibbs wrote: »
    I'm lovin the life on the ocean wave dial and the sharkfin bezel B. Well that's what I choose to call them anyway. :D

I love the dial and as soon as I heard about the hidden shark fin in the waves I knew I had to get one haha.

I thought the sharkfin bezel would complement the theme nicely. I think a sharkmesh bracelet will finish it off nicely, I just need to get fat spring bars and a bracelet that will take them

Did you get someone to do the mod for you?

I did it myself (on my lunch break ha)

I bought it as a part assembled kit with a dead movement. So I swapped in a new movement.

There are a few minor issues to sort out but I'll wear it as it is for now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Just one lunch break???

Eoin wrote: »
    Just one lunch break???

Well all I did was take out the old dial/movement/hands, remove the hands/dial.
    Fit the dial and hands to the new movement and refit into the case.

Well all I did was take out the old dial/movement/hands, remove the hands/dial.
    Fit the dial and hands to the new movement and refit into the case.

It took me a great deal longer with lots of tantrums to do the same. Getting the hands right was an almighty pita.

It took me a great deal longer with lots of tantrums to do the same. Getting the hands right was an almighty pita.

I've modded a few vostoks so I've set a good few hands.

Funny enough this was the first time I used a hand press thing and I managed to slip and ruin the second hand. I managed to bend it back to where the damage isn't noticeable unless your looking for it and look at the right angle.

I think I spent around 30-40 minutes to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,546 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Had my TC-9 bronze diver delivered this morning.
    Quite a nice watch, and will get a bit of wrist time from me.
    I'm a fan of crown at 4 and it wears quite comfortably.
    Thanks to Blanchy for the heads up on this Kickstarter.

The travel case was a nice surprise too :)

IMG-20200901-103835.jpg IMG-20200901-103511.jpg IMG-20200901-103616.jpg IMG-20200901-103702.jpg IMG-20200901-103539.jpg IMG-20200901-103532.jpg IMG-20200901-103525.jpg

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    Had my TC-9 bronze diver delivered this morning.
    Quite a nice watch, and will get a bit of wrist time from me.
    I'm a fan of crown at 4 and it wears quite comfortably.
    Thanks to Blanchy for the heads up on this Kickstarter.

The travel case was a nice surprise too :)

That looks great!
    I just sprinted down the stairs to check the post... mine hasn't arrived yet :rolleyes:

I wont get to wear it for a couple of weeks until my birthday anyway.

I actually added that navy strap on to my order for the my seiko

• Registered Users Posts: 16,546 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I actually added that navy strap on to my order for the my seiko

At £15 for the extra Horween strap, it couldn't be passed up TBH!
    I bought the blue for my Breitling but it looks so nice on this, it may well stay on it ;)

banie01 wrote: »
    At £15 for the extra Horween strap, it couldn't be passed up TBH!
    I bought the blue for my Breitling but it looks so nice on this, it may well stay on it ;)
    Exactly for that price it would be mad not to get it

I completely forgot to add it to my order until after the campaign had closed and they had no issue with letting my pay for it using paypal.

I've modded a few vostoks so I've set a good few hands.

Funny enough this was the first time I used a hand press thing and I managed to slip and ruin the second hand. I managed to bend it back to where the damage isn't noticeable unless your looking for it and look at the right angle.

I think I spent around 30-40 minutes to do this.

I've the parts for a watch with a subdial second hand - am dreading trying to set that teeny second hand with my fat mitts.

I've the parts for a watch with a subdial second hand - am dreading trying to set that teeny second hand with my fat mitts.

I find these tweezers great when setting the hands.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N6LW24H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

I used the curved one to get the hand in place and push it on. You could use some rodico to hold the hand either.

It gets a lot easier with practice. I started on some wrecked vintage vostoks ( a few years ago when you could pick them up for nothing)

A loupe is very handy for the smaller hands but they can still be a real pain

Got a blue leather strap for the new Cocktail Time it it looks 10 times better. I don't know what Seiko were thinking with the metal strap they sell it with.

GW8dNxyl.jpeg

DHv07g9l.jpeg

Bracelets are often what let Seiko down imo. At least it's the easiest thing to fix.

Skx007 I ordered for modding...Jesus the bracelet is awful on them. Had this Martu strap lying around that was meant for a steinhart ocean vintage gmt..finally got to put it on something..the orange stitching is out of place..after mods will end up on crafter blue strap..

IMG-20200901-132442.jpg

IMG-20200901-132735.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Skx007 I ordered for modding...Jesus the bracelet is awful on them. Had this Martu strap lying around that was meant for a steinhart ocean vintage gmt..finally got to put it on something..the orange stitching is out of place..after mods will end up on crafter blue strap..

You do realise the un-modded ones are becoming rare? :)

The stitching matches the "Diver's 200m" IMO

• Advertisement

You do realise the un-modded ones are becoming rare? :)

The stitching matches the "Diver's 200m" IMO

i just wanted to play around with one... i suppose i can always unmod at some point :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement