Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

TheGunns wrote: »
    Checked here about a year ago but Ill check again; any chance any sushi place has opened up in limerick?

The Jasmine now have sushi as part of their buffet. It's really good :P

They also had Thai and Indian dishes too. Oh and pizza! It's great, something for everyones taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    The Jasmine now have sushi as part of their buffet. It's really good :P

They also had Thai and Indian dishes too. Oh and pizza! It's great, something for everyones taste.

Canteen on Mallow street seems to be doing sushi on and off these days too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Whats Rio`s like near the killmurry?. I see lots of people there all the time, also what is good there?.. is the fish & chips nice? Thinking about going there l8r

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its not too bad there actually - gets a lot of business from the student population.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Its not too bad there actually - gets a lot of business from the student population.

Thanks for this man. Whats good there?

or where is the best fish & chips in limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Cant say I've tried a lot there as I usually only get what I like and I wouldnt have any complaints from the chips or battered sausage. Sometimes though the sausage can be a little soggy, thats the only bad thing really - oh and they dont do a large chip, just a standard size.

You should if you can try Enzo's in William street, best in Limerick for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

That rios is awesome! Now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind a chicken burger later..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    That rios is awesome! Now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind a chicken burger later..

Curse this thread :D What peoples though on the Golden Mountain? Personally love it but in the past Ive heard bad things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Mc Love wrote: »

You should if you can try Enzo's in William street, best in Limerick for me

+1 for Enzo's. Luigi's (opposite the train station) is quite good too.

I went to Rio`s at about 6:30 this evenig and it was closed!...so i`ll try Enzo`s tomorrow now instead

• Advertisement

TheGunns wrote: »
    Curse this thread :D What peoples though on the Golden Mountain? Personally love it but in the past Ive heard bad things

Hit and miss tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

SarahBeep! wrote: »

4 battered sausages, chips and a curry dip for a 5er.. best deal ever :D
    except their curry looks and tastes like the dirty green sludge that would be on top of a stagnant pond.

garv123 wrote: »
    4 battered sausages, chips and a curry dip for a 5er.. best deal ever :D
    except their curry looks and tastes like the dirty green sludge that would be on top of a stagnant pond.

Thats ok, im a garlic mayo girl myself anyway!!

Tryed the Rio`s the the chips and battered sausages were nice, but the fish and curry was not nice at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Rios was way better few years ago, not always great now . Sometimes good sometimes iffy.

Fuscos - king burger need I say more :)
    Enzos ,golden grill,luigis all good but ya can't beat a battered burger from donkey fords :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I got manky chips from Rios about a year ago and can't stomach the place since. Got to be the Parnell or Donkeys...

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭monalitto

hi, has anyone any suggestions for someplace that does a nice lunch....& not too expensive??

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Went to copper and spice (annacotty) for the first time in two years at he weekend and it was lovely , we had two lovely starters and mains. Still don't like metal cups hey use for water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Ive been to Chocolat a few times lately have been a happy customer every time. I would recommend the seafood trio for mains absolutely delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ate in Marco Polo. The menu was quite good and for €9.95 for a 2 course lunch it was brilliant.

Crispy Chilli Beef Salad followed by Fish n Chips with a free Soft Drink. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 orol221

Have been to Casa Nostra around 6 wks ago with my gf had antipasto 9/10
    tuna salad 1/10 some vegetable on plate and cheap tuna on the top, no sauce, no fantasy from kitchen ... but the tiramisu we tasted and it was curdly and when I complained to guy he had a taste of it and started bullshioting that it is all to the different cheese which is mixed with cream and etc. just bullshiote
    As we figured it out 'gf & myself' it was due to mixing the mascarpone cheese, cream a eggs when pot is too hot and you are creating something similar to scramble eggs inside... so very disapointed with it and with the guy who tried play it out that it is ok. Do not wish to go back again.

Had a great meal in The Cornstore last week. Great food, nice portions, fresh and tasty. Great service and value for money. I really like that place - it can be casual dining, a romantic meal or a smarter night-out-meal place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Ate in Marco Polo. The menu was quite good and for €9.95 for a 2 course lunch it was brilliant.

Crispy Chilli Beef Salad followed by Fish n Chips with a free Soft Drink. :D

Was in there today for lunch, seven adults & one child, 7 starters, 7 main courses, 8 soft drinks, 1 kids pasta meal & ice cream, 1 regular desert & 3 coffee's, total €87.15

Thought that was pretty good value, food was good, they were turning people away when we were leaving at about 2.30

Got 2 crepes in Bon Appetit in the Milk Market this weekend - they were amazing! I love that little place. the owners/staff are lovely and the food is great quality with a huge selection. I feel its fairly priced for the quality too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 keenan_enda

Mogul Emperor on Henry St is very good. Pity it isn't open until 5pm most days. Huge portion of food for take away. About 9.95 for most meals. Phall is ridiculously hot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Mogul Emperor on Henry St is very good. Pity it isn't open until 5pm most days. Huge portion of food for take away. About 9.95 for most meals. Phall is ridiculously hot

Food is very good, pity they don't spruce the interior up a bit IMO, had a vindaloo in there once, sweat was pumping out of me, regulary get a madras delivered, very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 keenan_enda

Yeah, definitely looks a bit off-putting from the outside and especially when you're coming up the stairs. Pity they stopped the 2 courses for €10 deal that was running last summer

Random : but does any restaurant/cafe in Limerick offer Bread and Butter pudding as a dessert on their menu? I did a quick scout online but i cant see any.

Also - has anyone been to the Sunday Buffet in The Jasmine lately.....opinions?! Was it crazy busy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Bobbys deffo have it,not sure every day but go there with my mother a bit and seen it

• Advertisement

So do the Unicorn!

Advertisement