Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

B[/QUOTE ]not the george anyway[/QUOTE]

Why not The George? I've eaten there quite a few times and always found it nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

B
    not the george anyway[/QUOTE]

Why not The George? I've eaten there quite a few times and always found it nice.[/QUOTE]

The george is better for evening meals, a lot of residents from there, and the savoy come accross to us(arabica) for breakfast. Ate there around Christmas time, on a sunday and found their evening menu very good value and good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Had dinner the week end in Casta Nostra on mount kenneth place.

Was excellent! A little pricey though I thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

john_cappa wrote: »
    Had dinner the week end in Casta Nostra on mount kenneth place.

Was excellent! A little pricey though I thought!

Pricey? what did you have/cost?

Been there a couple of times and found it very reasonable...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lyencoli

Had food out of Phoenix Dragon in Dooradoyle (over xtravision) very reasonable and tasty too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Harpers in the Milk Market do lovely coffee and sandwiches.

The woman who is always in there is very friendly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Guys this IS NOT A JOKE and could be a matter of my life or death but.... Chicken hut??? How bad is it?

My OH gets a hankering for fried chicken every now and then and sometimes suggests it as he's heard great things (from mates who get well loaded) but I've heard dodgy reports.... I get that its not healthy but is it to be avoided for any other reason??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Make sure you get the gravy, best chicken in town in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Chicken Hut is amazing, a vegetarian friend of mine was devastated when I told her she couldnt eat the gravy anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Deffo gonna give it a bash. Will report back in due course :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

gg2 wrote: »
    Deffo gonna give it a bash.

Nice choice of words

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

gg2 wrote: »
    Deffo gonna give it a bash. Will report back in due course :)

You know if you don't report back in a day or so, we'll be worried about you...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,789 ✭✭✭✭phog

Where's good for mid day lunch near city centre on a weekday? Carvery would be acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Hey lads, I was looking to go for a meal the weekend with the girlfriend and the weekend menu says it's 30e. Does that mean 30e for 3 courses each? I'm poor but would like a nice meal too:pac:

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭georgem25

Yes 30 each for 3 courses - link to menu

http://www.texassteakout.com/food-menu/weekend-menu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

georgem25 wrote: »
    Yes 30 each for 3 courses - link to menu

http://www.texassteakout.com/food-menu/weekend-menu/

Thank you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

So my family are going on a little get-together and chose Limerick as our place to visit :) Could anyone recommend a good Thai/Chinese/Indian that is good for groups and a nice place to eat?

None of us know anything about the city so we're hopeless I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Jasmine Palace would be a nice Chinese and has the room for groups too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

gawker wrote: »
    So my family are going on a little get-together and chose Limerick as our place to visit :) Could anyone recommend a good Thai/Chinese/Indian that is good for groups and a nice place to eat?

None of us know anything about the city so we're hopeless I'm afraid!

How big is your group? The Thai Gourmet is absolutely gorgeous.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭the_one_&_only

A group of us are going to Limerick for the weekend soon. Is there any restaurants you guys recommend??

Azur or Cornstore are ones that popped out, anybody been to either and would recommend them for a group of 6?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You cannot really go wrong with either Azur or Cornstore. Chocolate on O'Connell St. is also nice if you like fusion and good value too.

bazz26 wrote: »
    You cannot really go wrong with either Azur or Cornstore. Chocolate on O'Connell St. is also nice if you like fusion and good value too.

*Puts on finest french accent*

"Chocolat"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKKh2YM6GGcMhrwgvARUWQj6_ygOHTV52GK8WnzplU1zNMVxba

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

lol, I thought it was Chowder!

It's Chowda!

1005.jpg?t=1210880795

• Registered Users Posts: 11 b3mol

Have You thought about Hamptons restaurant ? The do groups easily. There are deal for bigger groups as well including prosecco reception etc.
    Good Thai that I have tried recently was Bambu on O'Connell Street. Went there for a quick dinner on my own. Loved Tikka Massala wiht Lamb... Good starter and a nice dessert that had a weird name...All of that + Cidona + Espresso costed me 21,20 euros..
    I would recommend that !

<snip>

Mod Edit: Offering to get people a "good deal" from a business will be taken as you having an affiliation with the business and as such will be regarded as shilling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

b3mol wrote: »
    Have You thought about Hamptons restaurant ? The do groups easily. There are deal for bigger groups as well including prosecco reception etc.
    Good Thai that I have tried recently was Bambu on O'Connell Street. Went there for a quick dinner on my own. Loved Tikka Massala wiht Lamb... Good starter and a nice dessert that had a weird name...All of that + Cidona + Espresso costed me 21,20 euros..
    I would recommend that !

I would not go in to Hamtons if it was free..............dire experience, overcrowded, overcooked and over noisy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

What's Canteen on Mallow St like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Been there a few times.

Mostly for a tea or coffee as I was in the area, but had a couple of light meals.

"Light meals" is I think what they mostly they do. I had some sort of spiced pork wrap once, can't remember the other meal. They were competently done, but not too exciting.

Actually, I usually go there because it's new and different. A refreshing place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Itsdacraic wrote: »

I've been there twice.

While their food feels healthy to eat, I think this is due to its complete lack of taste.

Good coffee though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    b3mol wrote: »
    I would recommend that !

I would not go in to Hamtons if it was free..............dire experience, overcrowded, overcooked and over noisy!!
    +1 awful gave it a few goes NEVER returning

Advertisement