Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Sh1thole In The Country?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Anyone mentioned the Dail yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Acacia wrote: »
    *cough* Limerick *cough*

I think you'll find most capital cities have drug problems.
    I'd go on the limb and bet you've never even been to Limerick and make up all your opinions of the whole city based one one or 2 news items you read or heard on tv even though if you read/listened closely you notice that their confined to a few estates unlike dublin where the problem is widespread.

Oh and Tipp town gets my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

1huge1 wrote: »
    I'd go on the limb and bet you've never even been to Limerick and make up all your opinions of the whole city based one one or 2 news items you read or heard on tv even though if you read/listened closely you notice that their confined to a few estates unlike dublin where the problem is widespread.

Oh and Tipp town gets my vote.
    I'd go on the limb and bet you've never even been to Dublin and make up all your opinions of the whole city based one one or 2 news items you read or heard on tv even though if you read/listened closely you notice that their confined to a few estates unlike Limerick where the problem is widespread.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

But it all looks the same! You'd swear Fidel Castro designed the place. I got off the shuttle bus one evening to get the bus home and it usually stops at Brown Thomas. This time it stopped nearer HMV I think and I completely lost my bearings. Took me a couple of mins to get my head sorted and then had to leg it to the bus.

Once you find Eyre Square in Galway, you will never be lost.

Then again, I am biased and so are you so we are never going to agree! Agree to disagree I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

Famous45 wrote: »
    DUNDALK is the biggest fecking sh1thole this country has. Long live Drawwda

"Drawwda" is as big a sh1twhole....that estate near the pet shop coming into town is scary...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Frank Fahey's office in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

Yawn...........

These threads keep appearing every few weeks, biggest hole, dump etc in Ireland. The usual suspects are always there- rural towns, Limerick city and the council estates of Dublin.

Do people need to slag off other places to feel superior about themselves? Lets have more pride and respect for ourselves and our country. You would never get this in America, Australia or Europe.

Agree with that, people seem to love to slag off small rural towns that they know the square root of zero about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭jane86

Quarryvale, Dublin.

Scary place. I don't know why some are saying whole counties. I'm sure they have some nice towns/villages.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 RoscoBosco93

Suncroft Co. Kildare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭KieranKennedy

Mary Harney's anus would have to be up there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Has anybody tried to suggest boards.ie yet? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

there was a book out over in the uk called crap towns

isn't about time there was an irish version :cool:

come on hot press get yr finger out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

musicmonky wrote: »
    oh my god who Kilkenny. Kipkenny more like...

holy god. and the god dam awful traffic lights and waste of time that is Enniskillen..

are you taking the piss? These towns are beautiful.

All the bitter culchies slagging Dublin do not understand that the city is too varied to generalise it. There are scangers in nearly every town in Ireland.
    Summerhill, Co Meath only because of the 4x4 trail that is supposed to be a main road through the village.

Yeah I cycled through it today. It's like a training ground for a terrorist group. well bumpy ride. The repairmen of the roads authority must have a map of Ireland without that town on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Longford?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Only one place for it.
    Ballybeg, Co. Waterford! The bog's answer to Legoland! Makes Darndale look respectable.

Holiday in Ballybeg - For those about to die, we salute you!
    Lock the thread folks, it's all over! :D
    (provided of course, it hasn't already been mentioned)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I used to travel around collecting for charity and the two biggest dumps i visited were Charlevile, north Cork and Abbeyfeale,Co Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

J.S. Pill wrote: »
    I think you'll find its in Wicklow.

Besides, its just 2 pubs, a shop and a few houses. Hardly qualifies as a settlement.

Actually Carnew has 5 pubs :P A few shops and a good few houses.

Buzzin place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Only one place for it.
    Ballybeg, Co. Waterford! The bog's answer to Legoland! Makes Darndale look respectable.

ballybeg hasnt a patch on darndale.

i assume your talking about ardmore and not ballybeg yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Anywhere people are seen wearing anything from lifestyle sports or Champsion sports or mentions, Bud anto and decko. I have an idea to cure the recession, we begin target hunting Skangers in their native environments, dole office, paddy powers, the local pub. We could then sell these licences to the rich hunting clinetele. Forget wildebeasts, nailing a skanger junkie begging by the luas would be ultimate trophy kill :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Exneigh

Tallaght top end... hive of scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭clones1980

Piriz wrote: »
    Clones Co.Monaghan

Eh no its not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

donmeister wrote: »
    Ballina,Co.Mayo!
    Would have to agree. I'd say 90% of crimes reported in the provincial paper are committed by scumbags from the one estate in Ballina. I won't mention the name of the estate but anyone who lives in or near to Ballina should know it.
    n1ck wrote: »
    Yore ma's.
    :pac:
    I chuckled.

Just glad I live in the country side tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

Cork. It's more the people than the place though.

Only one place worse for the same reason: Carlow town.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

Melange wrote: »
    Carrick-on-Suir, Co. Tipperary.

It's essentially a bunch of rough-as-f*** pubs surrounded by council housing. A deeply depressing place.

+1

Closely followed by Tipp town

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

musicmonky wrote: »
    oh my god who Kilkenny. Kipkenny more like...

It's a nice town but it has 1 BIG problem.

The Dubs invade the place every weekend & alot of them leave a messy trail everywhere they go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Deadzone wrote: »
    SWINFORD!!!

Thats not even the worst town in Mayo... Ballina, Ballinrobe and many others are far worse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Bundoran, Co. Donegal - especially during the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Only one place for it.

If the town is any bit as depressing as the play "Philadelphia Here I Come!" then I would have no problem beliveing that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Thats not even the worst town in Mayo... Ballina, Ballinrobe and many others are far worse...

yep, competition is fierce for the "worst town in mayo" award

talkin of which, ...Charlestown

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

Drove through Mullingar once what a smelly kip! Mullingar & Kells get my vote

Advertisement