Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Sh1thole In The Country?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

I forgot Keady, Co. Armagh!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Mullingar isn't THAT bad... I find it incredibly hard to believe it's one of the biggest shítholes in the entire country, if it is then this country isn't bad at all by any means!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Jamfan

Callan, Co. Kilkenny

Ballyporeen, Co. Tipperary (yeah, wher Reagan comes from)

Oh... My... God!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Coirc Boy So.
    Anywhere in Kerrieeee boy so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BarneyisRight

Fior me its a tie bewteen Gorey and Courtown,Co. Wexford.Mainly cos its a mini version of Dublin and hence,a **** hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

mulhuddart co. dublin and rush co. dublin two ****holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

5 pages in and not a mention of Arklow :confused:

Enniscorthy +1

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bluesguitar

+1 for rush. Also letterfrack co Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Carnew, Co. Wexford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Lads you wouldnt know what a sh*thole is if it bit you in the arse,Kimmage???,Dunshaughlin???,these areant sh*tholes you mad thing!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

have quite a few.

Sligo town,
    Thurles (only nice for matches)
    Ennis
    Bundoran Co. Donegal
    Dundalk
    Clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Killorglin during Puck Fair. Especially if its raining. What a smelly kip.

My experience of the town and it's pubs goes back about 20 years so it may have cleaned up it's act since. But I think we stayed there about 2 hours having planning to stay 2 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Ironbars

Balbriggan or athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I've never been there and it would honestly take me a good few seconds to locate it on a map but when i hear 'Rathkeale' i immediately associate it with caravans, gates and dags.

And there we have it. The reason these threads eventually fail. People who have never been to places making automatic assumptions.

I heard stories about RathKeale although never being there so cant comment,has anyone ever heard of a quient little burg known as Dunsink Lane???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Dublin city centre, parts of Dublin are nice but the city centre is a dump. Probably the worst capitol city in Europe.

doncarlos wrote: »
    Dublin city centre, parts of Dublin are nice but the city centre is a dump. Probably the worst capitol city in Europe.

Capitol???will you stop,Dublin is far from being worst city centre in Europe,what about the side streets of Rome?,the ghettoes in Paris?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Limerick. Anywhere in the place. It's the depressing council estate that God forgot.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

doncarlos wrote: »

well considering Dublin isnt a capitol city i wouldnt moan but if you mean capital city? then no its not! what capital cities have u been to in europe? if u dont like dublin fair enough but sayins its the worst in europe is as silly statement. Madrid is a horrible city!! and I agree with above poster Rome is a horrible!! Dnt mind Paris.. Berlin is probably my fav..

but back on topic the worst sh!thole in ireland has got to be navan what a creature of a town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭flangeman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Ballina, Co. Mayo for sure.

flangeman wrote: »

Did you not notice that almost all of the crime that you posted was committed by people from outside of the town mainly Knackers and Dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Thurles Co Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

IMO Dublin City. Can't stand it.
    It's not the city, it's the mentality - I kinda like the city.
    Like Longshanks said "The problem with Scotland is that it's full of Scots", same applies to Dublin imo.

OT: Tuam is high on my list

well considering Dublin isnt a capitol city i wouldnt moan but if you mean capital city? then no its not! what capital cities have u been to in europe? if u dont like dublin fair enough but sayins its the worst in europe is as silly statement. Madrid is a horrible city!! and I agree with above poster Rome is a horrible!! Dnt mind Paris.. Berlin is probably my fav..

but back on topic the worst sh!thole in ireland has got to be navan what a creature of a town!

Sorry it was a typo had a late night last night... Been to quite a few capital cities in Europe including a few in eastern Europe and in my opinion Dublin is the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Collie D wrote: »
    And there we have it. The reason these threads eventually fail. People who have never been to places making automatic assumptions.

Ah but he's right...just the name (Rathkeale) alone sums up visions of pikeys with caravans and dolers spending their money in the bookies/pub/local smack dealer.

Anywhere in Tipperary is a ****hole as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Deadzone

SWINFORD!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Hold on a sec, it seems that almost every town in Ireland is listed here. Are there any nice towns left?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Castlebar, Co. Mayo - glorified sh*thole built up my the Flynn's.

Monaghan town, Co. Monaghan - not one nice looking bird in the place, even the polish emmigrants were mingers:( When you're driving into the town, there's a welcome sign stating "Welcome to Monaghan, set your watch back 20 years"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Overblood wrote: »
    Hold on a sec, it seems that almost every town in Ireland is listed here. Are there any nice towns left?

Westport,I like Westport.............................

Advertisement