Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Sh1thole In The Country?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

LIMERICK..............i rest my case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Ironbars

Deadzone wrote: »
    SWINFORD!!!
    Is that a real place? I thought it was just made up to scare children :)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Shutuplaura

Carrick on suir is definately a dump. Clonmel isn't great either. However, all are nothing next to Buncrana way up in Donegal. Miserable place, miserable weather, terrible pub scene. Being there in a cold wet july for the town festival has to be one of the most depressing experiences of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭flangeman

doncarlos wrote: »
    Did you not notice that almost all of the crime that you posted was committed by people from outside of the town mainly Knackers and Dubs.

And how does that make it any less of a hole?

Oh and we spearheaded the shortlived (thank gawd) adoption of Line Dancing in Ireland with a 'RTE Nationwide' Special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

dolphins barn, south dublin. hellhole

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Overflow wrote: »
    Carnew, Co. Wexford

I think you'll find its in Wicklow.

Besides, its just 2 pubs, a shop and a few houses. Hardly qualifies as a settlement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Ebonyellie

donmeister wrote: »
    Westport,I like Westport.............................

i agree, its very nice, and dingle, thats lovely too. i get depressed whenever i spend time or pass through belturbet, kingscourt, duleek or clonmellon. clonmellon is just grey, its all grey, just one big grey st, like a fifties timewarp.

on a different note, now i wouldnt call longford a ****hole, but all in all, it has to qualify for the most INSIGNIFICANT county in ireland. has it ever won an all ireland? any famous people form there? its hardly a touist hot spot. What does it bring to irish culture?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The fact that not everybody has said Macroom is putting me on serious life-tilt...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Carrick-on-Suir, Co. Tipp gets my vote every time.

This is what the locals thought of it in 1993

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

LIMERICK..............i rest my case.

Limerick is nice once your stay in this area:
    picture.php?albumid=453&pictureid=2390

and out of this area:
    picture.php?albumid=453&pictureid=2391:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

donmeister wrote: »
    Westport,I like Westport.............................

I would also add glenties and adare to the list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Ponster wrote: »
    Carrick-on-Suir, Co. Tipp gets my vote every time.

This is what the locals thought of it in 1993

Drove through it last Friday night and it does look as grim a place as when that video was made. As one of the kids in the video said,

"The only reason people know about us is cos Sean Kelly comes from here."

Very true. At least they have a leisure centre now.

From the same drive I would also like to add Mooncoin, Co Kilkenny to the list.

Others for inclusion, some may have been mentioned already, are Charleville Co Cork, Borris-in-Ossory Co Laois and Gort Co Galway.

Basically anywhere that still displays proudly that it was the host town to some obscure former Soviet republic/African dictatorship for the Special Olympics on the main road in.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

There is no way in hell Tuam is as bad as some parts of Dublin or Limerick, and whoever is banging on about Castlebar has'nt a clue.

Longford is crap, modified cars everywhere even new ones with body bits stuck all over them it makes the main street look so tatty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Madrid is a horrible city!! and I agree with above poster Rome is a horrible!!

what :eek: surely i am not reading you right, yes i am, you sir are insane :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

dolphins barn, south dublin. hellhole
    The Barn is a truely charming place. It has a romantic panorama over the canal- what more could you want?
    Now Dundalk, there's a whole different kettle of fish.
    also- Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Cork.

Full of dirty commies!

Red FM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Conbro wrote: »
    Heres a comprehensive list of our nations biggest ****holes :

Mountrath, Co. Laois
    Ferbane, Co. Offaly
    Athy, Co. Kildare
    Longford Town
    Mullingar, Co. Westmeath
    Tullow, Co. Carlow
    Gorey, Co. Wexford
    Dundalk, Co Louth
    Dunshaughlin, Co Meath
    Urlingford, Co Kilkenny
    Ballymun, Dublin
    Callan, Co. Tipperary
    Kilrush, Co. Clare
    Mayfair, Cork city
    Moyross, Limerick city
    Tramore, Co Waterford
    Tuam, Co Galway Overall Winner
    Ballinrobe, Co Mayo
    Virginia, Co. Cavan

Tuam? You have got to be kidding me...
    I have lived in Gort and now live in Tuam and trust me, Gort is much worse than Tuam is. I am also in college in Limerick and boy do I wish I could be in Galway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Longford is crap, modified cars everywhere even new ones with body bits stuck all over them it makes the main street look so tatty.
    I like Longford, but did notice an unusual high number of modfied cars goint up and down the main street!
    Some of the places mentioned above are grand!
    Areas of dublin are ****holes. Neilstown in dublin gets my vote. Also finglas west and south is fairly ropey. Ditto with Darndale.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭elpresdentde

Ballyporeen, Co. Tipperary (yeah, where Reagan comes from)
    spent most of my childhood growing up there anyone who from hates the place. its spent the last 30 years trading off the reagan thing
    and the graveyard where his relatives are buried is infested with badgers and all the bones are scattered all over the fields

athlone the whole should be used be used as an artillery range and the civilians for target practice. the English leveled it once but you know what they say you cant kill a bad thing:(

tuam is getting hard done its not that bad. not by a long way not compared to those places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

mars bar wrote: »
    Tuam? You have got to be kidding me...
    I have lived in Gort and now live in Tuam and trust me, Gort is much worse than Tuam is. I am also in college in Limerick and boy do I wish I could be in Galway...

Whats wrong with limerick?

Gort should be in the top 5. And it was alot worse before the brazillians arrived. Tuam should be on the list too. Everyone in the town is called Ward.

Don't know if it was mentioned yet, but I vote for tallaght. Its an awful place. Also on the list should be:
    Any of the red luas stops past heuston.
    Crumlin
    Darndale
    Cavan town (town? lol!)
    Ringsend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭deeno1975

Tralee has to get an "honourable" mention... Bandit town at night time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

That's easy. Biggest Sh1thole is:

Collon County Louty :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

syklops wrote: »
    Whats wrong with limerick?

Gort should be in the top 5. And it was alot worse before the brazillians arrived. Tuam should be on the list too. Everyone in the town is called Ward.

Ridiculous statement! There are a significant traveller population, but most of them keep to themselves nowadays. Hugely artistic town compared to other towns it's size tbh

I would say Castlebar, Celbridge, Maynooth, and most of all, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 leerdun46

I've never been there and it would honestly take me a good few seconds to locate it on a map but when i hear 'Rathkeale' i immediately associate it with caravans, gates and dags.
    ha ha.very true.i was taking the mickey,it can be a little rough from what i know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Anywhere in South Tipp, particularly Tipperary Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Overblood wrote: »
    CARRICK ON SUIR, Co. TIPPERARY without a DOUBT!

I like to call it Carrick on Sewer, or just plain 'ol Carrick on Shite. Horrible town. No jobs. No decent shops. No book shop! No nothing.

Constant grey cloud looms over the place.

Rabid dogs wander the streets in search of babies dumped by their junkie mothers.

The schools are shyte, delapitated, rusting, for Playstation fans imagine the school in silent hill.

Yokes are like 1.50e in the town so everybody is always off their faces.

This man speaketh The Truth. Any time I pass through Carrick-on-Suir, I fully expect to die. The natives look like they're fond of the taste of human flesh. Sean Kelly probably took up cycling to escape the rape gangs.

Mulhuddart in Dublin is another genuinely disturbing place. A good carpet-bombing there would cut national crime statistics by at least 20%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Ferbane co. Offally...and the worst thing is you have to pass it on the way to Athlone!!
    Also Banagher in Offaly as well..
    And has anyone mentioned Artane yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Tipperary Town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Ferbane co. Offally...and the worst thing is you have to pass it on the way to Athlone!!
    Also Banagher in Offaly as well..
    And has anyone mentioned Artane yet?

There are worse places than that.

Rochfortbridge is the biggest sh**hole in the country as far as I can see. nothing but housing estates, the town itself if you can call it that is smaller than most villages.

The worse thing about the place is how far it is from the local Tesco/Dunnes etc... or decent pub/nightclub and countless other facilities.

I wouldn't live there if you paid me and I honestly mean that. Used to have to pass it on the bus back to college. Most depressing place I ever passed through. Thank Chr*st I don't have to drive through it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Agamemnon wrote: »
    This man speaketh The Truth. Any time I pass through Carrick-on-Suir, I fully expect to die. The natives look like they're fond of the taste of human flesh. Sean Kelly probably took up cycling to escape the rape gangs.
    I laughed when i read that!:D

Carrick on suir is getting slated! No one from there willing to defend it?

Advertisement