Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I got row 1 as well. Fairly pissed off to be honest, its an awful view with the fence in the way.

If the day is nice might just head to the terrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I got row 1 as well. Fairly pissed off to be honest, its an awful view with the fence in the way.

3PYQGED.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Section A is the first section down by the new dressing rooms, section J is the last section down the scoreboard end. I think the seat you are in isn't referred to by Row number - they are all Row 1 but the seat number is what will define whether you are low down or high up. I am not 100% but I think the larger number relates to seats higher the stand. I also have a feeling seat numbers begin with 100 down towards the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

No idea where he was. He has never really killed himself when it comes to Feale Rangers..or Duagh for that matter. That being said he was doing a PhD in UL in recent years and now lives and works in Cork, so it's not as easy for him.

He did miss at least one league game for Kerry with work commitments this year (and possibly more)

I remember reading it on the Kerry website when the team was posted and it struck me as unusual.

It was down at the bottom where they list the injured players.

Says something about the commitment players do routinely make when you see stuff like that.

I'm between the 13m and the 21m line, dressing room end. Section I.

That's great news if the Row 1 means nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    He did miss at least one league game for Kerry with work commitments this year (and possibly more)

I remember reading it on the Kerry website when the team was posted and it struck me as unusual.

It was down at the bottom where they list the injured players.

Says something about the commitment players do routinely make when you see stuff like that.

was speaking to a mate of his after the all ireland final last year and he was pretty much straight back into work the day or two after and i believe was working right up to travelling to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Great documentary last night on Paidi O Se,even though I was too young to see him playing at his peak he still was one of my heroes as a kid through the power of Kerry's Golden Years video tape been played all the time especially during the summer holidays,sometimes I wonder how that tape survived :D

I thought it would be hard to match the documentary that TG4 did at Xmas but this one was just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭lukin

I went back through the last four pages of this thread and there wasn't one mention of a certain game on Sunday (apart from where ye are sitting); is that an indication of how confident ye Kerrymen are? Is there any point in us even turning up?

lukin wrote: »
    I went back through the last four pages of this thread and there wasn't one mention of a certain game on Sunday (apart from where ye are sitting); is that an indication of how confident ye Kerrymen are? Is there any point in us even turning up?

One game at a time,Junior Munster Final first up this evening,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

It's not exactly the topic of conversation on the Cork thread either tbf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Any team named for that? Not sure will Greg start today or not.

9bred4 wrote: »
    Any team named for that? Not sure will Greg start today or not.

The Kerry Junior Football Team to play Cork in the Munster final on Wednesday shows two personnel and a number of positional changes from the side that defeated Tipperary in the semi final.
    David Culhane comes into the defence in place of Greg Gibson and Brian Crowley comes in at half forward in place of the injured Denis Daly. Brian Sugrue of Renard and Jordan Kiely of Dr Crokes join the substitutes list.

The team, captained by Alan O’Donoghue of John Mitchels is as follows:

1 Shane Murphy Kilcummin

2 Dan O’Donoghue Spa

3 Jack McGuire Listowel Emmets

4 David Culhane Ballylongford

5 James Walsh Knocknagoshel

6 Tadgh Morley Templenoe

7 Gavin Crowley Templenoe

8 Brendan O’Sullivan Valentia

9 Liam Kearney Spa

10 Brian Crowley Templenoe

11 Jeff O’Donoghue Glenflesk

12 Philip O’Connor Cordal

13 Alan O’Donoghue (C) John Mitchels

14 Conor Cox Listowel Emmets

15 Thomas Hickey Castleisland Desmonds

Fir Ionaid:

16 Darragh O’Shea Ballydonoghue

17 Eamon Kiely Brosna

18 Brian Sugrue Renard

19 Greg Gibson Waterville

20 Michael Brennan Churchill

21 Gary O’Sullivan Listry

22 Adam Barry Brosna

23 David Griffin Ardfert

24 Jordan Kiely Dr Crokes

Bainistíocht:
    Bainisteoir: Stephen Wallace (Ardfert)
    Roghnoirí: Fergus Clifford (Listry), Denis O’Sullivan (Dromid Pearses), Timmy O’Sullivan (Kerins O’Rahillys)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Fair play to Brian Sugrue for getting up there!

Thanks for that

Of course Cork will turn up, its a Munster Final. Last year was a blip and they'll be out to avenge that performance. I think Kerry will win, but it should be a cracker of a game.

I think Kerry's midfield is good enough to provide the forward line with enough ball to win the game.

I think Kerry have too many good forwards to be covered. You can't double mark Cooper, O'Donoghue and Donaghy.

Cork will get joy out of attacking down the wings. I think Mark Collins is a decent playmaker, and if he gets enough freedom to supply O'Neill and Hurley with the ball then Cork can make hay inside. As it stands, I have no idea what Cuthbert is going to do to get the ball. I don't think a midfield of Cadogan and Alan O'Connor or Fintan Gould is good enough to win enough ball from Anthony Maher/David Moran/Bryan Sheehan.

I think Cork will try and avoid a midfield battle at all costs, and force Kerry to try and cut out short kickouts, which means more work for the forwards.

Hurley has a massive advantage on Enright in the air, and O'Neill will try and give Marc the slip, but they can only do damage if they have the possession. Cork should go short and try building from the back, using pacier Half Backs, to put the likes of Cooper and Buckley on the back foot.

I think if Kerry play to their potential they should win, but this is all based on not having a clue how Cork will play. If they go defensive I think Kerry have the forwards to kick enough low percentage scores to win. If Cork go attacking then that leaves the likes of JOD and Gooch with the space to cause havok, in a high scoring game.

It was very clear how both Kerry and Tipperary were going to play a fortnight ago. This game is very hard to judge.

That is a savage full forward line for a Junior Team.

A lot of Senior Intercounty teams would kill for a line like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

True, Hickey & Gavan O'Grady did wreck against Cork last year & Corks full back line hasn't improved enough from last year to contain that full forward trio

Should be an interesting battle at midfield - Kearney for Kerry is a fine fielder, good athlete but Cork have Brosnan & O'Laoire who've plenty experience. Don't know much about the Kerry half back line, but I don't rate Corks half forward line tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭wackokid

God almighty that was some pep talk by Paudie to the Westmeath lads on RTE last night.
    I'd say the current trainer played it to his lads at half time last Sunday v Meath.
    For a native Irish speaker his use of English was top notch even if there was a few descriptive
    adjectives thrown in for effect.
    I hope the right and proper meja crowd don't come the heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Steady on now!...Hickey and O'Donoghue would get eaten alive at senior level by decent corner backs.
    Cox is capable of playing (and has played) at top level alright. Still maintain he would be worth a shot at 11 for Kerry as his distribution is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

After Tomas's solo run, the Kerry County Board sent out a directive that all operatives throughout the county need to stay schtum for the moment as we're not quite sure what direction we need to engage our Yerra in - are we supposed to talk up Cork's table-topping form in the league, especially focusing on the 4 goals put past Donegal, the awesome power of Cork's forwards or are we supposed to mention Cork's issues at midfield and cast of thousands Cubby has tried there and Cork's record of collapsing in big games under Cubby.

The county board have a top-level team currently working on deciding which way we are supposed to go and once they have decided a coded message will go out in the death notices on Radio Kerry. Special consideration is being given to the need to attract the maximum numbers across the county bounds to the hostelries of Killarney as we had a wee setback with an oul concert last week. Spies across the border in rebelland have sent back worrying reports about the possibility of serious numbers of die-hard football folk making serious noises about not bothering to make the trip. Another factor is trying to determine what sort of performance would be best to keep Cubby in situ for another while. I have to say my aul nerves are shot with the anxiety of it all.

Steady on now!...Hickey and O'Donoghue would get eaten alive at senior level by decent corner backs.
    Cox is capable of playing (and has played) at top level alright. Still maintain he would be worth a shot at 11 for Kerry as his distribution is excellent.
    A lot of decent corner backs have tried and failed to deal with O'Donoghue over the years.

Dingle resorted to fouling him with a different player every time he touched the ball last year in the County Championship. Must have got 6 yellow cards just for fouling him. He's a gifted footballer with great heart, but both he and Hickey are very small. Doesn't mean they wouldn't make it with the likes of Carlow/Wicklow/Waterford etc. In terms of pure footballing ability they are a very talented unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Kerry GAA ‏@Kerry_Official 1m1 minute ago
    Munster Junior Football Final (FT) Kerry 1-20 Cork 0-11 #Kerry GAA All over

thats a serious scoreline.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

thats a serious scoreline.
    Considering Cork were back at full strength having won the competition two years ago it's a good win for Kerry, all the more impressive when you consider they were 9-6 down, so outscored Cork 1-14 to 2 in the last third of the game. Impressive.

Sounds like a topsy turvy game.

5 points to no score after 13mins.
    Cork take over and hit 8 in a row to lead by 3 at half time.
    Kerry outscored them 1-15 to 0-3 in the second half.

Goal was a penalty from Cox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

A lot of decent corner backs have tried and failed to deal with O'Donoghue over the years.

Dingle resorted to fouling him with a different player every time he touched the ball last year in the County Championship. Must have got 6 yellow cards just for fouling him. He's a gifted footballer with great heart, but both he and Hickey are very small. Doesn't mean they wouldn't make it with the likes of Carlow/Wicklow/Waterford etc. In terms of pure footballing ability they are a very talented unit.

I have seen plenty of Alan at various levels, county championship, Sigerson, Kerry u21 etc. He is a good club player, very quick and has a good left foot.
    Regardless, he has never cut it at county level and he got plenty chances at minor and under 21 and never played that well, so I stand by my argument that it is a stretch to talk about him being a Senior county standard player..

Good win for the Juniors tonight. Caught the last 20 mins of it only due to work. Cox and especially Jeff O'Donoghue were outstanding in what I saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Quick question re Sunday. Any ideas for accommodation or would everything be booked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

Always enjoy seeing ye on ROK - Cookie monster gives me a smile as I slog around

Huge surprise in Senior team for sunday. Big big name player dropped!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Don't be such a tease?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Gooch:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

BPKS wrote:
    Gooch

If the rumours are true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement