Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Supercell wrote: »
    Places like Carlow, Kilkenny and maybe west Wicklow and Louth could still see something tonight due to lying snow and being far enough from the coast to keep low DP's, all very marginal and exciting !
    You mean more!! We've already got a heap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Big chunky snow!

No lies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Snowing very lightly here in newport north Tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Anything going to hit Waterford? The snow so far has been a bit rubbish here!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Sleet here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Clear blue sky here in Lucan and the snow on the branches seems to be melting slightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Big chunky snow!

No lies!

+1 dp.7 & my friend Catty Gallagher & her foothills invisible again

Very big snowflakes.

Wet snow falling on to soaking ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Sun is fading as it begins to snow again in Dundrum.

• Advertisement

You make me a happy man BB, if your DP is falling there is hope yet!!
    I try my best :D [sometimes]

dp is 0c now air is 1c and it's snowing.It's very wet snow but snow nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Very wet snow/rain in Malahide

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Love it!, great capture!

Difficult to get the camera to focus on the cloud etc, took a few shots to somewhat capture the moment!

Oh and raining in Lusk... :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snow starting again here - big flakes! 1.0c DP 0.4c

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Should we expect freezing to occur tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The clouds surrounding Dublin look absolutely monstrous. If dewpoints are even slightly positive initially, they'll come crashing down in a blaze of white glory:D

I missed the dumping in the city centre due to college stuff, but I saw the slush afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Link shows: Cumulonimbus clouds observed . Aren't they the one that usually have thunderstorms and are usually ahead of a cold front ?

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/EIDW.html

Mostly rain, sleet and very wet snow. Very messy stuff. Very wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I try my best :D [sometimes]

dp is 0c now air is 1c and it's snowing.It's very wet snow but snow nonetheless.

Good to hear, I see MM's DP is now falling also..theres hope yet.
    Can see heavier precip to my east, will be watching the temperature like a hawk in that.
    I withdraw everything I said about the met office advance warning before!!, I was panicking over raising dp's and not exercising due dilligence myself!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

The radar shows that curl circulating into Mid wicklow and Dublin.
    Looks like Wexford and south wicklow will miss most if not all of that gravy.

air 0.9c

dp -0.1c no need to put on spectacles...yes thats now a minus dewpoint :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Good to hear, I see MM's DP is now falling also..theres hope yet.
    Can see heavier precip to my east, will be watching the temperature like a hawk in that.
    I withdraw everything I said about the met office advance warning before!!, I was panicking over raising dp's and not exercising due dilligence myself!!

So you think the warning could be correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Dublin Airport now 2C and DP 1.1.

Should we expect freezing to occur tonight?
    yes.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I've said it for the last 4 years of visiting here during the winter, I must get me a weather station! My head out the attic velux window simply isn't accurate enough :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Wow, the heaviest snow of the week is now falling. I will be posting up some pics when this is all over!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

John_Mc wrote: »
    So you think the warning could be correct?

Yep, definately thinking that now, looks like the air near the centre of that circulation was slightly warmer so snow-sleet-snow situation definitely possible!
    I have to update my own forecast now on annamoe.net for the third time today..if i'd left the original one from yesterday it would have been bang on!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Wet snow here now.

Care just back from Drumcondra there has nice snow on it.

Ho hum!

Me wants to make a snowman! Not gonna happen now i know cos its too wet but i still dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Snow starting again here - big flakes! 1.0c DP 0.4c

Same in D14,starting again. Dark dark clouds coming in overhead. Good laugh watching about 30 kids outside having the mother of all snowball fights after that last dumping.

Yeah wet snow but snow is falling here now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

been snowing heavily here for the last 25 mins or so..............

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement